Dillards New Year's Day?

Scruzin

i dont know but i emailed them and they wrote back YESTERDAY saying "we do not know in advance of any sales" I wrote back and said dont give me an answer like that! how can you not know about a sale 4 days before it happens?

they wrote back and said they can't disclose before the ads get out

My mom and I visited their furniture department today and found some good floor sample deals they had; we were about to buy something until I suggested to my mom that perhaps they would have more of a discount on New Year's. She asked the salesman if there would be a New Year's sale to which he said there was word of one...he was kind enough to put our pieces on reserve and was pretty much confirming that there would be a sale (i.e. letting us know what the sale price would probably be) without directly saying it. It makes sense that they are not allowed to really disclose stuff to customers, but some salespeople can be pretty generous with helping others save...so I think it'll be happening!

If you have kids who like Webkinz, make sure to check out the Signature Webkinz, which were marked down to 1/2 price BEFORE Christmas. These are the expensive pets that run upwards of $30 at most stores. Dillards had one of the lowest regular prices on them of any store... $24.99. THEN, they marked them down (with a pink sticker) to $12.99 right before Christmas (at least the KC stores did anyway).

Many stores sold out of them, but if you are lucky to find a store with some left, you could really get them cheap depending on the percentage off sale that Dillards has on New Years Day!

Does anybody know if they will price adjust?

I was in Dillard's tonight (Lewisville-DFW Area) and found some Liz Claiborne jeans that I really wanted to get for myself and sister. When I went to purchase the saleslady was kind enough to tell me that anything with the pink stickers will be 50% off tomorrow (New Year's Day). I went ahead and purchased them just in case I was not able to get back tomorrow or even if I did, the sizes might be gone.

I was in Dillard's tonight (Lewisville-DFW Area) and found some Liz Claiborne jeans that I really wanted to get for myself and sister. When I went to purchase the saleslady was kind enough to tell me that anything with the pink stickers will be 50% off tomorrow (New Year's Day). I went ahead and purchased them just in case I was not able to get back tomorrow or even if I did, the sizes might be gone.

You could try, but most of their ads are pretty clear that they won't adjust on prior purchases. That's pretty standard when stores run a sale like that.

My Dillards's is pretty stubborn about making adjustments. I would try. You can see if they would let you return it and buy it back. Not making adjustments is the number one reason I don't shop there unless they are having a big sale.

Got some good deals in the men's Ralph Lauren section today. There were $89 button down shirts marked down to $59 and an additional 50%. Puts them more in line with TJ Maxx/Marshall's pricing but the selection so was much better.

anyone know if the sales are still going on today???? thks

No it is a one day thing. The sale was not as good as in the past. The inventory was definitely down. There were good deals to be had but you had to really look. Not everything was 50% off. Not sure how the rest of the year will go though. They used to have winter coats reduced and 50% off but they hadn't been marked down yet.

No it is a one day thing. The sale was not as good as in the past. The inventory was definitely down. There were good deals to be had but you had to really look. Not everything was 50% off. Not sure how the rest of the year will go though. They used to have winter coats reduced and 50% off but they hadn't been marked down yet.

Yes, that was odd, because all other stores have already started clearancing those out. Selection was very good in the lingerie dept.. Wish I had purchased more. $4.99 bras vs paying $35.00, which I did 2 months ago for the same thing...can not beat that.:yup:

I was able to purchase 5 pairs of kids shoes (Stride Rite, K-Swiss, Sckechers, Keds) for under $50! I was too late for any furniture deals but will be ready for next year. Hubby picked up a pair of Nike Shox for $45!

:cheesy:

Dillards near us was a total zoo. I told DH we should have come earlier because they were pretty cleaned out by the time we got there. We did get some clothing for him and some lingerie for me. It seemed like a lot of clearance items weren't discounted very much, so after the additional 50% off, they still weren't as cheap as we're used to during their extra 40% off sales.