Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

HEAVY CARGO TRAINS east & west

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
802 replies to this topic

#121 Mandy25  OFFLINE  

Mandy25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 26, 2010 - 2:07 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! Can't wait to get started.

#122 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 26, 2010 - 7:41 pm

Kasha your friend is correct. We used to be called the "AINTS" and people would wear paper bags at the home games here in the superdome. Peyton Manning actually grew up in New orleans not far from the superdome and his dad Archie Manning was the quarterback for the Saints many moons ago. So this will be a bitter sweet Superbowl game.

So funny there are people still partying on Bourbon Streets and a lot of folks called off sick this morning from variuos jobs. There is also a lot of folks like myself who have a sore throat from all the screaming yesterday.

I was born and raised in New Orleans myself but purchased my home in 2002 on the outskirts of the city therefore I was unaffected by hurricane Katrina I only sustained minor wind damage. I mentioned this because ther was a lot of talk about about taking the city off the map totally and moving the Saints elsewear.

Lots of folks protest that idea and fought for the city to rebuild. The city of New Orleans has come a long way with a lot more work in progress and for yesterday it was a dream that wasn't suppose to happen and believe me when I say there was probably not a dry eye in most if not everyone's house last night.

And that's your history lesson for the day. class over

The Saints are going to the Superbowl WOOOO WHOOOO

That's a great story. Thanks so much ;)
:eyepoppin FREEBIES!!!

#123 kardomr  OFFLINE  

kardomr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 26, 2010 - 9:29 pm

MMitchell, I knew NO was the emotional fav because it would be nice for something terrific to happen to NO but didn't realize they almost left the city. It is nice when your team makes it all the way, huh? Will you be painting your house black and silver? I don't usually pay attention to football, except the Steelers. :) But, when you're born into a Pittsburgh family, it's a city requirement that you understand the game. (Not joking. :tongue1:) Nextnext Sunday I'll watch and cheer for your Saints. Will they just close the city on Monday? You know everyone's gonna call off work cause they were up too late. :)

#124 MMitchell29  OFFLINE  

MMitchell29

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 26, 2010 - 10:15 pm

MMitchell,
I knew NO was the emotional fav because it would be nice for something terrific to happen to NO but didn't realize they almost left the city.
It is nice when your team makes it all the way, huh? Will you be painting your house black and silver?
I don't usually pay attention to football, except the Steelers. :) But, when you're born into a Pittsburgh family, it's a city requirement that you understand the game. (Not joking. :tongue1:) Nextnext Sunday I'll watch and cheer for your Saints.
Will they just close the city on Monday? You know everyone's gonna call off work cause they were up too late. :)

Thank you so much for reading and rooting for the Saints. You're welcome in new Orleans anytime with open arms and a neck full of beads:) I really really like the Saints and all but I will not be painting the house black and gold although some folks have already tricked out their cars and boats and a few houses are in the process of turning into the team colors.

Not sure what they are going to do with the city because Mardi Gras is in full swing. They have already cancelled some parades and moved some around. It is still a little crazy around here and Saints stuff are flying off the shelves. I'm still trying to get a reprinted copy of Monday's newspaper. They sold 5,000 copies in less than an hour.

I will probably do a superbowl party. I'll decide in the next few days if i can find the decorations I really really really want.

You mentioned people being up late. Actually they won't even go to sleep:eyepoppin

#125 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 27, 2010 - 11:20 am

Today i received lot of trains since i'm off i prepared them already and will go to PO in a few. I have these going out today: #4M to our new rider Mandy #7E to Stephanie (envelope is pretty used :) #6E to Danielle

#126 Kandy  OFFLINE  

Kandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 29, 2010 - 8:17 am

5 w received today. 2 w adn 5 w going back out today to ms dunning
~*~Debbie~*~

#127 kardomr  OFFLINE  

kardomr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 29, 2010 - 1:44 pm

11e arrived today. we're expecting 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow. now, i know for you northern/midwesterners, this is par for the course. but here in nc, school is closed the night before when the forecast is for snowflurries. really! 6-12 inches is like a decade's worth of snow for durham. it's a practical blizzard! we might even be able to make a snowman that's higher than my shin! i'll send 11 out asap. and i'll post when it's on the way. :)r

#128 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 29, 2010 - 4:31 pm

11e arrived today.

we're expecting 6-12 inches of snow tomorrow. now, i know for you northern/midwesterners, this is par for the course. but here in nc, school is closed the night before when the forecast is for snowflurries. really! 6-12 inches is like a decade's worth of snow for durham. it's a practical blizzard! we might even be able to make a snowman that's higher than my shin!
i'll send 11 out asap. and i'll post when it's on the way.

:)r

Holly crap. Good luck in there Rach :D

#129 kardomr  OFFLINE  

kardomr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Jan 29, 2010 - 6:43 pm

Holly crap. Good luck in there Rach :D

and vucikn00!
not sure how much winston-salem is sposed to get but most of the state is a winter wonderland. it's beautiful out. i love snow. until the dogs pee on it! lol!

#130 Paytonroxler  OFFLINE  

Paytonroxler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 5:44 am

I don't think we want these stuff in. We had the deal when it comes to meds, only upn request!!!

I can use Centrum coupons and Centrum Silver.

#131 Paytonroxler  OFFLINE  

Paytonroxler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 5:46 am

BTW, did you see 9lb lemon???

Is that what you're holding?

I thought it was a pumpkin!!

#132 Paytonroxler  OFFLINE  

Paytonroxler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 5:49 am

Rec'd 9W yesterday. Off to Kandy today, Sat., 1/30(weather permitting). It's been snowing since last night here!! Like Vuikcnoo said, they shut this city down last night, before the snow even started!! Calling for 5-8" here!!

#133 Paytonroxler  OFFLINE  

Paytonroxler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 5:51 am

Rec'd 10M yesterday. Off to Kasha today, Sat., 1/30(weather permitting). I had a few more OIKOS for you. I know what you mean, I am STACKED and PACKED with the OIKOS and CHOBANI right now. But, that's okay. I eat the stuff all the time!!

#134 lilquiet  OFFLINE  

lilquiet

• 3,500 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 8:15 am

I have 7E (sneakers) and 1M (msdunning). They will go out on Monday. sneakers- there's a rebate in one that expires early February. Would You like it? I have a receipt with a least $7 on it towards the rebate.

Edited by lilquiet, Feb 1, 2010 - 1:36 pm.

#135 shopping4my3son  OFFLINE  

shopping4my3son

• 3,416 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 10:11 am

6E came today and I'll get it out in Monday's mail.

#136 vucikn00  OFFLINE  

vucikn00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 11:40 am

I can use Centrum coupons and Centrum Silver.

I can now use benefiber coupons too, my dh has started using it, I'll pull all of these from any train that comes to me.

#137 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 2:56 pm

I have 7E and 1M. They will go out on Monday.

sneakers- there's a rebate in one that expires early February. Would You like it? I have a receipt with a least $7 on it towards the rebate.

sure- throw your receipt in! thanks

#138 vucikn00  OFFLINE  

vucikn00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 30, 2010 - 4:31 pm

3E came today. I'll put it in the mail Monday.

#139 vucikn00  OFFLINE  

vucikn00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 1, 2010 - 5:29 am

3E came today. I'll put it in the mail Monday.

3E will go out in today's mail to Kasha. At least, I'm planning to put it in the mailbox and I'm assuming the mail truck will be able to make it to pick it up today. Kasha, I included the UPC from the snack multi-pack.

#140 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 1, 2010 - 6:28 am

3E will go out in today's mail to Kasha. At least, I'm planning to put it in the mailbox and I'm assuming the mail truck will be able to make it to pick it up today. Kasha, I included the UPC from the snack multi-pack.

Thanks Karen :)

#141 kardomr  OFFLINE  

kardomr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 1, 2010 - 1:46 pm

I can now use benefiber coupons too, my dh has started using it, I'll pull all of these from any train that comes to me.

do you want any other fiber things? like fiber bars? fiber yogurt! :confused: fiber poptarts? :yup:

#142 MMitchell29  OFFLINE  

MMitchell29

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 10:26 am

Recieved 13M yesterday, will be going back out today or in the morning

#143 Mandy25  OFFLINE  

Mandy25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 3:39 pm

Recieved 4M today from Kasha will be sending it to Msdunning tomorrow.

#144 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 5:41 pm

I mailed 11 E to Darlene today.

#145 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 6:27 pm

Have 7E; list is rather beat up, off to payton 2/3.

#146 sneakers1234  OFFLINE  

sneakers1234

• 1,413 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 6:37 pm

have to ask.. the ALMOND coupons in every train-- someone uses?

#147 Mandy25  OFFLINE  

Mandy25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Feb 2, 2010 - 7:44 pm

I am new to this and just received the first coupons in the mail. Could someone explain to me how many trains there are? I notice several. Do they all go to all of us? I really enjoyed looking at the coupons there was some really good ones in there but we don't have some of the products and stores here. I would appreciate if someone could explain the procedure to me. I think its a excellent idea. Also do many of you use the online coupons from All you and other sites?

#148 vucikn00  OFFLINE  

vucikn00

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 3, 2010 - 4:00 am

do you want any other fiber things? like fiber bars? fiber yogurt! :confused: fiber poptarts? :yup:

Nope, just benefiber :D Thanks!

#149 kasha0601  OFFLINE  

kasha0601

HCT Conductor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Feb 3, 2010 - 8:41 am

FREE Cream of Wheat for Rachel
http://www.startsamp...43adde7c433ebbe

#150 kardomr  OFFLINE