How much to do you spend on food for the holidays?

bugsette

So how much do you spend?

I probably spend around $75-100. Nothing too fancy here. I buy a Costco pie, rolls, and hoagie rolls when we have ham. I buy either a ham or turkey, potatoes and then the ingredient for a few sides.

Add another $50ish leading up to xmas with the popcorn tins, danish butter cookies, giant pretzel sticks, etc.

Between Christmas Eve and Christmas, I probably spend about $50-$100. That's for salmon, meat, desserts, sides, etc. But, this year, my b-i-l is in charge of appetizers and s-i-l is bringing a salad, cheese enchiladas and stuffed mushrooms. I'm providing the beef, chicken, desserts.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & Healthy Happy New Year! Enjoy all that eatin'

Edited by mollannie

about $150 on baking stuff alone! I make hand dipped chocolates. Homemade cream centers and homemade caramels. At least 6 different kinds of cookies (150 of each). We do a potluck dinner on Christmas Eve and Christmas day....I make all the rolls (homemade).

Probably around $150.00. We have a big Christmas dinner. My mom, her Dh, my brother, his 3 kids, my aunt, two cousins, and their 6 kids. Then my Dh and I with our 4 kids. We supply all of the food. We used to have everyone bring something, but to many times people came without so now we just do it so that we are sure we have everything.

Nothing for Chirstmas dinner- just the gas to get to my sister's house.

I will probably spend around $30 on baking supplies. On my way to the store to get the things for Thanksgiving dinner I heard on the radio that the average Thankgiving meal cost about $40. I had to laugh a little when my bill came to $75, not including the turkey! I guess my family likes food more than others.

Ooh... I don't want to think about it! A lot!

Baking for family, friends, neighbors... probably $100. I have to make 16 pounds of fudge, plus cookies, banana and zuccini (sp?) bread....

Christmas Eve dinner (home w/family of 6+MIL): Ham, turkey, and all the sides. Probably $50.

Christmas dinner (Away w/extended family): Sweet potato casserole, pies, rolls... Probably $20

After Christmas- Christmas (Dad's house w/extended family): Green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, make turkey and ham (but Dad buys it!)... Probably $15.

So, probably $185 between baking and our 3 Christmas get togethers... Geesh.... its no wonder I always gain 5 pounds in December!!!

It is just DH and I for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years. All of our family lives out of state and all our friends go out of town to visit their families. We enjoy having this time of year to ourselves (even though it is nice when my Mom and Dad and brother can visit) DH works long hours and takes time off for Christmas so we can relax.

We spend about $150-$200 on food for the holidays. I haven't finalized our menu for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but I know we are having Cinnamon Bread French toast with Maple syrup in the morning. (the loaf weights at least 3 pounds, we get it from a local bakery for about $7.99) and thick cut Applegate Farms bacon. Yummy!

And New Years Eve we will have lobster tails, king crab legs and filet.

Have fun baking!

Edited by ShoppingChick13
grammer check :)

wow -- Lets see

Baked presents to neighbors, employees -- $50

Christmas eve dinner for 25-30 people -- $250 (This includes Prime Rib, Honeybaked ham, etc)

Christmas Day breakfast -- $10

Christmas Day Dinner for 8-12 people -- $50 (I'm counting on using some of the leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner, plus adding a few things.)

I haven't thought past Friday....