leftover hallloween candy

dullestbear

Do you all think that it would be tacky to use leftover halloween candy in christmas stockings?

This is candy I had left after filling treat bags, i had misplaced the plastic bucket and it did not get passed out and we sure could have used it.The bucket has been sealed til the other day, all but one kind was regular wrappers not halloween design. It is bubble gum., gum balls, twizzlers, and hard candy that changes color of toungue and laffy taffy?

TIA

As far as taste and quality goes,it will be perfectly fine!

Depending on how old the kids are then I'm not sure gummy eyeballs would be the best Christmas candy (just using an example from my own household!) but there should be some things you can use. I buy all my holiday candy 90% off then freeze it-it's always a special treat for me to see what all I got a good deal on the year before!

Candy canes don't need to be frozen though. Heck,who can pass up a box of candy canes for nine cents? :)

I bought halloween candy from Target when it went 75% off for this very reason. I just made sure the wrappers didn't look like halloween stuff

This is exactly what I did too. None of it has Halloween designs on the candy wrappers and I got $20 worth of candy for $5.

Guest purpleangel
I hit up Target too and got loads of candy for 75% off. I have to make 30 treat bags for all my extended family and this will come in handy!

My mom does this every year. She buys the reeses's, snickers, etc. Freezes them and puts them in the grandkids stockings every year. Saves money and honestly you can't tell the difference. Tastes great still. She has 7 stockings to fill so it makes sense to do this. Now I don't because I only have my two kids, but my mom still feels the need to do another stocking for my kids and my sister's kids. That's why I just buy the christmas candy as I don't buy much. They get way too much candy so I fill mine with a few candy items then other toys/etc.

I purchase chocolate after Halloween and place in freezer. I then purchase some Christmas candy and my kids give little goody bags to their friends at Christmas. I have been doing this the last few years and it really saves some money. The candy is fine.