Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Empty printer ink cartridges=free ream of paper???

7 replies to this topic

#1 jcarr492  OFFLINE  

jcarr492

Frazzled Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 2:49 pm

Does anyone still accept empty printer cartridges and give you back a free ream of paper anywhere?? I have a couple empty lexmark cartridges and didn't know if anyone near me did this and if they do, is it only certain types of cartridges?? Thanks
Julie

#2 suzy3333  OFFLINE  

suzy3333

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 4:21 pm

Julie, I don't know about the free ram of paper. But I do know that if you have a staples reward card, you can take back your empty cartridges (limit of 5 per month) and get $3.00 back in rewards for each. And this week they have a special promotion going on that they will make it $6.00 per cartridge. I'm glad that I haven't done any yet this month because on Saturday I will be bringing in my limit of 5 which will be $30.00 coming back to me. You might want to look into this. It's free to join and then the rewards you can use to purchase the paper (which I only buy when it's $1.00 per ream). Hope this helps. :)

#3 Venusaur  OFFLINE  

Venusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 4:56 pm

I think that Staples promotion is only for HP cartridges, and only if you buy $50 worth of HP ink in the same day.

#4 jcarr492  OFFLINE  

jcarr492

Frazzled Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 7:16 pm

We dont have a staples close enough to us anyhow. :( Only thing close to us is an office depot.
Julie

#5 brainfreeze  OFFLINE  

brainfreeze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 7:22 pm

Not a deal per say, but our elementary school collects them at the office, and probably does what you are talking about. It helps support the school a bit. Maybe your school does too. You could ask and if not you could suggest they start and coordinate it for them! That's how they buy their supplies I think.

#6 mscrapper  OFFLINE  

mscrapper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 8:43 pm

Our Staples lets us do 10 a month for $3 each total of $30 per month. It is great!

#7 caitie1989  OFFLINE  

caitie1989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 11, 2009 - 3:05 am

office depot gives you 3 dollars

#8 purplepenguin  OFFLINE  

purplepenguin

purplepenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2009 - 6:32 am

I don't think office depot gives you three dollars, they give you points on your rewards card like a $3 purchase, you can bring in 5 a day. Office depot and Office max used to give you a free ream of paper.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users