Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Help support GottaDeal.com and use these links when shopping online this week. For more stores, see our store directory.
Walmart.com Target.com Kohls.com Amazon.com BestBuy.com Sears.com ToysRUs.com
SamsClub.com eBay.com Dell.com Groupon.com HomeDepot.com Staples.com Cabelas.com

Photo

Empty printer ink cartridges=free ream of paper???

7 replies to this topic

#1 jcarr492  OFFLINE  

jcarr492

Frazzled Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 2:49 pm

Does anyone still accept empty printer cartridges and give you back a free ream of paper anywhere?? I have a couple empty lexmark cartridges and didn't know if anyone near me did this and if they do, is it only certain types of cartridges?? Thanks
Julie

#2 suzy3333  OFFLINE  

suzy3333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 4:21 pm

Julie, I don't know about the free ram of paper. But I do know that if you have a staples reward card, you can take back your empty cartridges (limit of 5 per month) and get $3.00 back in rewards for each. And this week they have a special promotion going on that they will make it $6.00 per cartridge. I'm glad that I haven't done any yet this month because on Saturday I will be bringing in my limit of 5 which will be $30.00 coming back to me. You might want to look into this. It's free to join and then the rewards you can use to purchase the paper (which I only buy when it's $1.00 per ream). Hope this helps. :)

#3 Venusaur  OFFLINE  

Venusaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 4:56 pm

I think that Staples promotion is only for HP cartridges, and only if you buy $50 worth of HP ink in the same day.

#4 jcarr492  OFFLINE  

jcarr492

Frazzled Mama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 7:16 pm

We dont have a staples close enough to us anyhow. :( Only thing close to us is an office depot.
Julie

#5 brainfreeze  ONLINE  

brainfreeze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 7:22 pm

Not a deal per say, but our elementary school collects them at the office, and probably does what you are talking about. It helps support the school a bit. Maybe your school does too. You could ask and if not you could suggest they start and coordinate it for them! That's how they buy their supplies I think.

#6 mscrapper  OFFLINE  

mscrapper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 10, 2009 - 8:43 pm

Our Staples lets us do 10 a month for $3 each total of $30 per month. It is great!

#7 caitie1989  OFFLINE  

caitie1989

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 11, 2009 - 3:05 am

office depot gives you 3 dollars

#8 purplepenguin  OFFLINE  

purplepenguin

purplepenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2009 - 6:32 am

I don't think office depot gives you three dollars, they give you points on your rewards card like a $3 purchase, you can bring in 5 a day. Office depot and Office max used to give you a free ream of paper.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users