11/28 WM still had some BF items

chartse1

I also found that my Walmart in Georgia still had BF items available today but have marked them back up to regular price. If they can sell these items on BF for a certain price, they should continue to sell those items from BF at the marked down price. It just seems a little bit greedy to me to mark the price up on the same exact item, just a different day.

Yeah, my favorite was seeing a game that was either $9 or $15 on BF and had a big "starburst" sticker on it with the price. Well, now its still on the shelf, but someone scribbled out the price with a black marker, left the starburst sticker on, and put a new tag below it saying "$20.00." Now that's classy. :)

Why wouldn't they mark them back up? Any other store that has a sale that runs through a specific date or time raises their prices when the sale is over.

These were sale prices that were good for a specific time and if people wanted them at the sale price they should've got to the store during the sale time.

I'm just confused why people think Walmart owes it to us to keep their sale prices. If that is the case, I really want more of that fabric that Joann's had a few weeks ago on sale and I only want it at the Black Friday price I paid that day.

Why wouldn't they mark them back up? Any other store that has a sale that runs through a specific date or time raises their prices when the sale is over.

These were sale prices that were good for a specific time and if people wanted them at the sale price they should've got to the store during the sale time.

I'm just confused why people think Walmart owes it to us to keep their sale prices. If that is the case, I really want more of that fabric that Joann's had a few weeks ago on sale and I only want it at the Black Friday price I paid that day.

I agree ~ I was really excited when I found some of the black friday things still at black friday prices after the sale was over. I didn't expect it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I know that in the past Walmart didn't raise the prices, after BF. I guess they would sell out of BF items so quickly that it wasn't an issue. They also tend to have items only for BF so the regular price would be the BF price.

The fact that prices are going up seems to be the exception, not the norm.

You're correct, Juanadeal! Every previous year my Walmart has kept the BF prices until the items have sold out... either that, or they've gone cheaper to move the product.

My WM has lots of the $7 jackets, $9 pant/tee sets, PlayDoh kitchens for $9, large dolls for $9, um... other stuff too, I'm sure. But, with games, DVDs, video games... basically games and electronics, they went back up.

Last year I bought stuff that was a BF deal for another 30-50% off about a week after BF cause they wanted it gone. I'm kind of disapointed that it isn't happening this way again, but that's ok cause I'm *supposed* to be on a budget and not buying unneccesary items just because they're a good deal. Unfortunately, Amazon is making that difficult for me!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I know that in the past Walmart didn't raise the prices, after BF. I guess they would sell out of BF items so quickly that it wasn't an issue. They also tend to have items only for BF so the regular price would be the BF price.

The fact that prices are going up seems to be the exception, not the norm.

Our prices increased last year after the BF sale was over. The sale prices were only good for the specified hours. Same again this year - just the same as the other stores.

Our prices increased last year after the BF sale was over. The sale prices were only good for the specified hours. Same again this year - just the same as the other stores.

Hmm... I wonder if mine and Juanadeal's stores are the "rule" or the "exception" as far as previous years go. I know that last year, there were 4 WMs that I went to within a week or so after BF that had BF prices or had marked down the items further. One that is 20 minutes from my house, one that is 45 minutes, and 2 that are about 75 minutes away, so they aren't under the same management or anything. Like most things with WM, I'm sure its a YMMV.

Most of the stuff that I would be interested in sold out early BF anyway... like the $2 DVDs. I only found 2 and I was there at 5:15am.

Wow........whatever.........I hope you get that fabric that Joann's had a few weeks ago so you can go make yourself something.

Hmm... I wonder if mine and Juanadeal's stores are the "rule" or the "exception" as far as previous years go. I know that last year, there were 4 WMs that I went to within a week or so after BF that had BF prices or had marked down the items further. One that is 20 minutes from my house, one that is 45 minutes, and 2 that are about 75 minutes away, so they aren't under the same management or anything. Like most things with WM, I'm sure its a YMMV.

Most of the stuff that I would be interested in sold out early BF anyway... like the $2 DVDs. I only found 2 and I was there at 5:15am.

I think it's YMMV, also. We have two Wal-marts here that are within about 12 miles of each other and prices on the same items vary. Sometimes they don't even carry the same items.

I really only shop toys at WM but the two stores that I frequent in my area have kept prices the same as BF. Last year one of the stores lowered prices on some things the Monday after BF. I keep checking back this year but so far, they haven't lowered prices on anything, but they haven't raised them either. Stuff is slowly moving and it seems they are in no hurry to get rid of it. Maybe they don't need the shelf space :g_shrug:

Was at my wal-mart tonight and they still had alot of BF stuff and the prices were hit and miss on BF prices. Our store sold out of the movies on BF and still had some video games marked down. The jeans (with shirt) combo's were still BF prices but all the board games (a huge overstock of them) were marked down but priced higher than BF and the jackets (huge overstock of them) and electronics were full price. And they had alot of the wii's sitting out (with the walmart police guarding them :tongue1: ) for the sale today and they still had alot of them left tonight as well.