Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

left my house at 1:45am on Friday morning, no line at Target so kept on going to Walmart to get the 32# Emerson TV. At 2am - maybe about 10 folks in line for that TV. Got my ticket for the TV at 5am, went to get the $59 Tom Tom, sister grabbed the $78 Magnovox Blu Ray, got some of the $2 movies and was out of the store on my way home with the TV by 6am.

Went to Target (where the 32# Westies were gone in 6 minutes) and was there by 6:15am - all the $3 appliances - gone. The 1TB hard drive - gone - Wizard of Oz on BluRay - gone. Picked up Gone with Wind Blu Ray and a few of the $3.99 movies then headed to Best Buy.

Picked up my 2 Virgin Mobile $49 phones (more than 1/2 off - yeah) and another movie and was in and out of the store in less than 15 minutes.

Headed to another Target - only to find most of their front page items gone as well.

Headed over to HHGregg who at 8am (they opened at 4am) still had all of their doorbuster items and it was a ghosttown! They are a new location and maybe folks didn't realize they were open?

Home by 8:30am with everything on my list except for the 1TB Hard drive and Wizard of Oz Blu Ray .. oh well ..

DD15 had her first BF experience this year. They left about the same time I did to line up at Belks for the free gift cards. Someone tried to talk them out of line telling them to go home because you had to be 18 to get the gift cards. Now why would someone be mean like that? Well at 4am, they got their gift cards, then headed down to JCP for the snow globes. They were in home back in bed by 8am. She at DD18 headed out together. I think they had fun.

Saturday we hit the outlets - and most of the deals that were running for midnight madness were still in effect with less crowds!

I left my house about quarter after 9 Thursday night to get in line @ TRU. Got there and the line was already longer than usual; met up with my friend and we watched as the line got longer than we had ever seen it. There was an issue with line jumpers that caused the store to not open until about 12:20. I got in, me and my friend split up and I got everything that I came for and was out of there by 1:00.

didn't realize our mall was opening @ midnight so I headed across the street and went to GameStop; picked up a Megaman game that my son had on his list. Restroom break.

Then I headed over to WalMart; was there for RockBand and the V-Smile V-Motion system. It was pretty quiet and everyone was either in a line or just walking around the store; I headed back to the Rockband line and got in line. Luckily we were by home furnishings so the line was using the bar stools to have a seat :) Made friends in line and we all began to take turns scoping out other things in the store and grabbing what we could. Tix were handed out about 3:00, around 3:30 they started taking the wrap off other pallets but not ours. One of my line friends sent her husband to get the V-Motion for me as by now they were only letting people leave the line with the restroom pass which required you to give your ticket back until you returned.

Around 4:00 they started handing the Rock Band out, I headed over to DVD's got what I needed and by 4:25 I was in the cash out line. The only issue was we all had to wait until 5, except they started around 4:45. I was like the 2nd person in my line so I was out of there. Headed to Target, the line was ridiculous. There was nothing important there for me so I headed home got about an hours worth of sleep and then DH and I headed to Home Depot where we got the pointsettas, some inflatables, and other things for decorating the house. Then off to another Target which was pretty dead by then and we picked up a few things in there.

All in all, a good Black Friday, esp. since I had no major electronics on my list. I am still looking for a TV for DS13 and a computer or TV for my mom.

Left the kids with grandma and grandpa and headed over to TRU at 9:30. We were about 20th or so in line. Proceeded to freeze our behinds off and watch the line grow to epic proportions behind us. It eventually wrapped around the entire building and lapped us at the front. Line jumpers were getting ready and then all of a sudden the people that had lapped us decided to try and blend into the front of the line. There was yelling and screaming, pushing and shoving. Finally at about 11:45, the police showed up. Everyone was cheering! They formed a line at the front, like a riot line or something and held back the people that were trying to creep their way in. Got in and got everything we needed (plus a couple extra things) and checked out in the video game area. Good thing because the regular checkouts were mobbed by then. Made it out at around 12:20. Have never seen anything like that in my life!

Drove around for awhile and went to Webb's for coffee.

Hit Sears around 3. Mall was open so we got to wait inside. Got the mini cameras and left.

Went to ON and waited a half an hour so we could get some of the $5 fleece. They came and told us that they would only let so many in and then close the gate but we made it in.

Headed to Walmart a bit after 5. Got a bunch of things but had to park really far away. Store was mobbed and luckily we were able to check out in jewelry because we didn't have any really big items. Made it out in under an hour.

Hit Target. Not much left but did get Up and Monsters V Aliens and a couple other movies. Again lines down every aisle to the back of the store for checkout but the lady saw that we didn't have much and let us check out in the food court. Out in under 30 mins.

Drove to Menards for a 3 piece carpet set for my sister. Line was ridiculous. Got some breakfast at the BK across the street and watched the line not move at all. Gave up, went home and got some sleep.

On the way to pick up the kids, we tried Menards again and got the dang carpet set plus a pile of 49 cent hats and gloves.

Overall, a good day. Not sure if I will brave TRU again though.

My adventure began at 10pm waiting in the TRU line. I was about #50.

I got:

4 packs of the 2/10 diapers

1 Graco umbrella stroller

2 Hauling Tool Trucks

3 Batman Figurines

2 Hotwheels 10 pack

1 Matchbox Transporter

1 Idog Mini

1 Tonka Classic Dump Truck

1 Tranformer Ultra Figurine

1 DS Starter Kit

1 Sealife Party Bucket

1 Bratz Identical Twins

1 Green Leapster

1 DS Mysims Kingdom

1 DS Monster Vs. Aliens

2 Star Wars Light Sabers

1 Lil Einstein Rocket

1 Thomas & Percy Starter Set

1 Furreal Pony Smores

1 Zhu Zhu Pet Hamster

1 Picnic Table

Out of TRU by 2:30am, ate Waffle House then at Walmart by 4:40am

I got:

5 DVDs

6 PJ Sets

1 Bubble Jacket

1 Snowman Lights

2 Boys Slippers

1 Norelco Elec. Shaver

1 Transformer 2 Pack

2 Miley Cyrus Tanks

1 Mens Windpants

4 Packs Batteries

1 Acqua Di Gio Cologne

1 Pack Of Gum for bad breath incase it started smelling after being up for so long...haha

1 Tupperware Set

Headed to JCP, got a free snow globe

4 Long Sleeve Shirts for the boys

2 Long SLeeve Shirts for myself....wish I would have gotten more!

1 Hoodie jacket for my hunny

1 SS Shirt for my hunny

Then Kmart

I got:

2 Batman Motorcycle Pillow

1 Mid size Tonka Dump Truck

3-4 Holiday Socks

Target

I got:

Stocking Stuffers

1 Transformer

1 CARS 4 Pack Set

1 $3.00 Toaster

Gamestop:

1 Nintendo DS for SD6(what happened to the days little girls asked for barbies and baby dolls instead of IPOD touches and Nintendo DS's??)

Old Navy:

12 Long sleeve boys shirts

4 Jeans for the boys

2 ls shirts for me

2 ls shirts for my hunny

2 jeans for my hunny

4 $5 fleece

and ordered several things off Amazon last week, still continuing this week.....somebody please take my cc!!!! ;)

Oh and can't wait for BF 2010!!!!!! Can I start planning yet??

The big thing I got was the Wii at Meijer (along with the $50 coupon). Went to the store closest to me instead of heading straight into Grand Rapids and am glad I did - it provided me with the best BF entertainment.... Someone jumped the counter to get one and a lady in front of me yelled at store management to do something about it, the guy tries picking a fight with her, gets kicked out of store, she tells them what's going on (the line, BTW, was from the very back of the store all the way to the front) and they actually did something about it, getting a round of applause from those of us in line :)

The big thing I got was the Wii at Meijer (along with the $50 coupon). Went to the store closest to me instead of heading straight into Grand Rapids and am glad I did - it provided me with the best BF entertainment.... Someone jumped the counter to get one and a lady in front of me yelled at store management to do something about it, the guy tries picking a fight with her, gets kicked out of store, she tells them what's going on (the line, BTW, was from the very back of the store all the way to the front) and they actually did something about it, getting a round of applause from those of us in line :)

The only problem I seen on BF was in TRU, when a lady got pissed bc she couldn't get around in the store to shop and was frustrated and yelled at another lady...The other lady told her if she couldn't f*n handle it, she should have stayed at home! :giggle:

All weekend long I was thinking how great cyber shopping is on Black Friday and this is the way to go from now on. And then came Tuesday when I was expecting my first package to arrive - something that required a signature at delivery. I was at home all day and no UPS truck ever showed up, but when I checked tracking it showed that it was delivered. I'm hoping the person who received it will do the right thing, but since this is a Christmas gift I don't have the luxury of waiting. Amazon is refunding my money because they cannot promise a replacement for at least a month, so now I have to hope I can find the same item at the same price somewhere else. Needless to say I'm not so thrilled with online Christmas shopping anymore. :(

My mother and I headed out to the outlet mall in our city at around 9:00 pm to make the 10:00 pm opening of Aeropostale and other stores. This was our first year going to the outlet. (Last year I tried to go but after being stuck in traffic for over an hour, gave up and went home). We went into Aero, got 2 $10 hoodies for DD, returnedd the clothes I had bought earlier and was able to get cheaper online. Then we headed to Children's Place where I shopped for my 2 Salvation Army Angels. The deals were great! I found a bunch of stuff that cost only $.79. Then we went to a few other stores and bought boots for ourselves and a pair of Converse for DD. We may have bought some other things too, but I don't recall now.

Other things bought:

Old Navy:

Lots of clothes for myself, mom, DD, and 2 "Angels"

missed out on the free lego rock band game and the checkout line was incredibly long. Fortunately, I had mom join the line soon after we got into the store and hold our place while I shopped.

Target:

PJs for me and DD

Comforter set for DD

$3 appliances (they had very few of each)

Euro pillows

Home Depot:

decorated tree for $39

twin pack of 4' trees (but one was a dud and had to be returned and they had no more)...bummer

wet/dry vac

Sports Authority:

Treadmill that was on sale for $269

Tennis balls

2 sports bras

TRU:

Hannah Montana plug n play game

Perfect brownie pan

Payless:

Sneakers for myself and "Angels"

Academy:

Tennis shoes

Burlington Coat Factory:

3 Coats (was interested in the $9 puffer jackets but they sold out within minutes I was told)

Justice:

A bunch of clothes for DD

Kohl's:

Jewelry box for DD

2 GPS dashboard mount mats (they suck and took one back)

Kohl's was terrible! The lines were incredibly long and no one knew where anything was. There was no rhyme or reason to where they placed the doorbusters. I will never go to Kohl's on BF again!

On Turkey Day, I was able to get lots of things on my list from JCPenney, Macy's, Best Buy ($179 netbook!!) so avoided having to go to those stores

Well, I am almost completely done with my shopping. I think I'll stick to online shopping next year as I did last year. BF is no longer as fun as I remembered. :-(

If waiting in a line to see video games, for 2 hours, and not even seeing them is what you people call fun kudos! :-p (I made the mistake of going to TRU at 12), after that came home, got some sleep, dropped my mom off at work and headed up to a thrift shop, and got two CD's and 1 PS game.

After that, went for Chinese food, then to stonewall kitchen, and then wal mart, GS, and out for a beer.

Eventful day, and rather fun but I've now learned that if your not in it to win it, don't go when the stores JUST open :-p

Thrift Shop;

A Fuel CD

A CD from a local piercing / tattoo shop called SpiderBite (featuring local music.)

A PS game, called Reel Fishing (I wanted to test the ps aspect, of my ps3 out)

The interesting part, is that this shop even had a black friday deal, everything was half off, so I paid 1.50 or so :)

Radio Shack; I got wires to hook up the ps3 to the HDMI ports on the back of my TV :)

Gamestop;

I got 3 games, NBA Streets (something like that?) Guitar Hero, and some boxing game with funny graphics.

Beer;

Budweiser :)

After thought from a newbie;

Although it was fun, I'll take SuggaD's idea, and do most of my BF online...

We didn't go after big items or alot of items, but I went to bed at 7:00 up at 11:00 tRU saw line left went to walmart.

my list is not long did a lot of price matching

2 seasons friends 8.99 priced matched

1tb hard drive price matched

2 320 hard drives

2 memory cards

2 picture frames

fringed boots

several movies some priced matched

a wii game,

a ds game

priced matched 2 360 games

helped several others aquire things they couldnt be in line for as they were in other lines.

then to K-mart

2 radar detectors

tru

price adjusted something I had bought the week before.

bought some stuff for a friend that was working

home by 8:30

least amount of items I have ever bought but it is a tradition with my children and we have lots of fun

I bought some m&m's at walgreens. That was pretty much it for Black Friday. I think I might have ordered some clothes from JC Penneys but none of their doorbuster stuff. Kind of sad for me. Just didn't see anything worth standing in line for, even the discounted itunes cards ultimately didn't drag me out...

Ok, I am a little late posting this but just because I have not had any time..

I hit the jackpot for my DD3.

I went to Walmart first and got:

portable DVD player for 49

Robots movie for $2.00 which I gave to her early and have watched a million times already.

monsters vs aliens

had Horton hears a who but someone stole it out of my buggy :mad:

got elefun for daughter and niece but once again someone stole 1 out of my buggy.:mad::no:

got hungry hungry hippos

got 2 footballs for boys friends

Went to Target next and got another portable DVD player for my mom, 4 of the $5.00 games (they were actually like 4.82), bop it for my friends son.

Finally got to Toysrus around 9 local time. I really hit the jackpot there. While it was still pretty crowded, it was not as bad as I imagine it was at midnight.

Anyway, I got:

the playskool rose petal cottage for 15.00 and got some of the accessories for $9.00

each

got cash register, microwave, shopping cart ( that I have been wanting for the past year and a half), and some other stuff.

I was able to get all of my daughters Christmas finished, plus my friends boys and daughters, and my nieces finished for about 350.00.

So I am really pleased because I honestly thought that the things I wanted at Toysrus would be gone by the time I got there.:gdthums:

Oh yeah got my husband an MP3 player for $11 something. Now he doesn't have to steal my boys....:D lol

So all in all it was a great day, even though some stupid person/people decided that their child deserved the stuff in my buggy more than my child. After I had been there since 12:30 in the morning I thought I deserved what was in my buggy. :gdangry3:

stood in line at belk for 2 hours for a lousy $5 gc and get to go to the doctor today because I got sick. I wont be doing that again... so not worth it! :no:

went to walmart for pjs, jeans, and b-ball and was out of there in 30 min!

went to bbw for vip bag and lots of soap.

overall, I did most of my shopping online before bf!