Official One-and-Only "What I Got" / "My BF Experience" Thread

Brad

Rather than have everyone post their own separate thread detailing their experience tomorrow (or late tonight), we're going to do what we always do and have this one main thread.

If you post your experience in a separate thread, we're either going to merge it in here or delete it, so if you want to make sure you don't do all that typing for nothing, make sure it goes in here.

I'll start...

I got... no sleep these last few days, and that's about it :P

our toys r us closed down. Im visiting family and cars were parked three miles away. The fire Marshall shut them down due to over capacity. There was a three hour wait to check out. It was insane. Anyone else having crazy things going on?

You wouldn't happen to be in Tulsa are ya? The same thing happened at a TRU near me...glad I was online and not in store at the time :tongue1: I got everything I needed minus 1 video game for DS11 at amazing prices....sitting in my kitchen wearing my pj's and drinking tea there isn't a better black friday experience then that ;)

online so far...

3 video games and 1 dvd from amazon

1.5 TB hard drive from newegg

now...

on my way to walmart to try to get a portable basketball backboard, so I can return the one I bought on turkey day @ kmart and save $60.

in and out in 20 minutes...got the $99 backboard and 2 NCAA $5 basketballs :)

returned the backboard to Kmart, then grabbed 2 more video games from best buy and 1 from walmart this afternoon...WOW! BB was still very crowded @ 2PM!

bought my 3 pc virus scan program for next year from frys.com (Free AR), and another video game and a wii motionplus and some BB gun oil on amazon.com.

Edited by Ripn
cuz

Just got back from Toys R Us. Headed over there at midnight and the line was around the store through the parking lot. Took about 45 mins to get into the store, once it there it was CRAZY I couldn't find anything and most things were all gone. Thankfully they kept coming out with more stock, got most of my items. The lineup was CRAZY to check out, winding in and out of isles, it was a good 3hrs in line to check out. I almost didn't bother because I wanted to get home to get to the walmart sale, good thing I stayed because the walmart sale online is a disappointment, nothing I want is being sold online or else its sold out :(

I got: 2 Playdoh Playsets, Science Kit, iDog Mini, Crayola Tub of stuff ( I forget what it's called it ws $9.99) and the Pony Animagic (not on sale). They were all out of the iCarly video game accessories I wanted to get my daughter.

Overall I think I am actually done! :)

This is the first year that I was able to get what I needed online so I may head out to the stores later once I re-do my inventory but I don't think I "need" anything else!

So happy snagged the Amazon DS deal...it's on it's way.

TRU online was able to get 4 of the $10 DS games and the starter kit used $10 coupon so it was like $56 shipped to me...definitely worth not going to the crazy store experience.

Walmart online 4 $18 Electric blankets/throws the Poloraid $69 camera and a $10 DS transporter.

All of the ordering was super easy for me no real hang ups so as long as everything comes then I should be good to go!!

Thanks for all the great postings!!

If amazon would just do a deal on their kindles I would be in 7th heaven!!:)

Off to bed!!

I got the best netbook deal (IMHO) out there.

Gateway 10.1"

-250GB HDD,

-Windows 7 starter

-Intel integrated graphics (not the typical motherboard graphics, still integrated but better than the stock on most netbooks)...don't remember the number graphics at the moment

-$229.99 :-)

Wifey loves me :-)

Old navy had less than 30 copies of lego rockband. What a crock!

I DON'T EVEN WANT TO TALK ABOUT O.NAVY :mad: DH LEFT SO EARLY TO GO THERE.....OUR STORE IS IN THE MALL.......

JERKS DID NOT OPEN AT 3, THEY OPENED AT 5.....HE LEFT AND LUCKILY GOT TO KOHLS FOR THE DOORBUSTER WE NEEDED THERE!

I REEEEEALLLY WANTED THAT FREE GAME FOR MY SON JJEERRRRRRRKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSS

I just got back from Wal-Mart a little while ago. Insane! People were lined up around the BF items and just started grabbing at 5am. I got a few cheap DVDs that I wanted and that was it for me. I'm going to the outlets in Smithfield, NC later today.

Waited in the rain at Walmart since 11PM Didn't let us in till 4:30 was 10th in line. They let us in 5 at a time went to the eMachine laptop waited till 5:00 got the laptop grabbed the UFC game for 25 and got the Rock Band bundle for 50 and then left. Quick simple easy.

ok my experience, Thursday morning sat here and waited for the Best Buy items to drop.

bought the DS game Bolt for $9.99

next shopping happening this morning waiting on the TRU items to change online.

bought DS game Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosaurs $9.99

Monopoly Deal

Scrabble Slam B1G1 for 5.99

then waited for the Walmart items online.

bought Marley and Me, Uncle Buck, Horton Hears a Who lets see $9, $3, and $5

Connect 4x4 for $15 shipping only cost $.97 as the DVD's were free shipping

Then I actually left the house and went to Walmart as they didnt have everything I wanted online.

got about another 12 DVD's ranging from $2-$5 each.

the place wasnt a mad house, was shocked, they had roped off areas for the ticket items. which were all full.

left Walmart around 430am and drove across the street to Kmart, was the 6th person in line waiting for their 6am opening.

once opened everyone dashed to Electronics, yes they did hand out tickets for most of the items, but the place was packed. I was the first to grab one of the netbooks, for $119 thats all my daughter needs.

wanted to get Beethoven's Big Break for $3.99 but couldnt find it so I went and hung out in layaway, the only person in front of me was doing price adjustments and it required a manager override, so 30 minutes later finally comes a manager.

just got home about 10 minutes ago.

Shopping done got everything but 1 item, and I will go out later and try to find it, if nothing else I will price match it at Target or Walmart.

I will admit that I did not have any great and urgent wants/needs this BF, but in my family we have always tried to enjoy these sales.

We hit gottadeal.com the day that they opened the Black Friday 2009 web pages, and went back each and every day till today.

So as the ads became available, I developed a list of possibilities with none grading higher than a B+. My biggest quandary this year was to decide if I should build a Media PC, but the availability of Blu-Ray players with network streaming pushed that to a back burner.

I saw that BB would have several options for Blu-Rays on BF, but I cringed because that store always has the longest lines. Luckily, they had a one day sale last week on the LG BD270 for $124. I had it set up the weekend before BF and was happily YouTubing.

My other big wish was to correct a previous BF mistake from two years ago and get a replacement GPS for my Navigon 2100 (it just did a lousy job with POI’s, always had to put in exact addresses). Top of my list was the Tom Tom XL340S at Target, but I could not tell if that was a doorbuster or not. That unit became available online for the BF price on Thanksgiving day. When I told my wife I had now knocked off my two biggest BF items, she replied “You’re taking all the fun out of Black Friday.”

I really wanted those $10 Harry Potter Blu-Rays at Walmart but I know not to trust the mobs the store draws. So when Amazon matched it, I immediately ordered my favorite (Order of the Phoenix) and pre-ordered Half Blood Prince to get the free shipping.

So now I was left with just a handful of smaller items, none really worthy of standing online in the cold for. But the biggest one left, the two handset Panasonic cordless phone at Office Depot I again could not tell if it would be a doorbuster or not. The webpage details kept saying “In Store Only”…until this morning. I was unable to order it at the BF price when I tried at 5AM, but at 6 it became available. I added a 16GB flash card, a 4GB SDHC card and a webcam, qualified for free shipping, and suddenly I was done with BF.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

FX

I went to Target at 3 am, there was about 30 people in line then. By the time the door opened up there was a couple hundred. They past out maps and reuseable shopping bags(cute). They were very organized, rent a cops in force to keep line jumpers in place..ya!

I got everything we needed then left at 5:20 and went to walmart by 5:40 and got everything we needed there too and there was still alot on the pallets. I noticed the 3 dollar pjs were flannel but still cheap fabric.

Only bad or interesting thing that happened was a woman almost fainted while paying for her stuff in electronics and saw a man about 20 get arrested for shop lifting. Walmart was on the ball with 6 paid city police officers there. Much better

I had decided that Staples would be my only stop, Got the monitor, seagate external drive,the ups and a chair for my mom. I forgot to get the blank media, the glossy paper and the batteries, but will go back in a couple of hours. I picked up the 3 blu-ray disks i wanted via amazon. The staples staff was great, they had people running around getting items for customers, I always have good luck at staples!

Got everything I needed , 42 inch LCD flat tv from walmart for $450-ish, got ALL the toys I needed from Walmart for $400 , DH even got Barbie pet vet center at TRU for $50 off BF price LOL by simply telling the lady the price he wanted it to be , the lines were so long she just punched it in so it wasn't the BF $79 but $29! Got My 5 yr old her iPhone and dock, hit up Old Navy got My lego game for xbox 360 and $5 fleeces for the fam.

Had a great black friday :D got everything for everyone , and got to see DH haggle! LMAO! Wish I could find another blu ray player... there is still time!

Well This was the best and craziest black friday i have EVER experinced!!! First off I got home at 6:30AM tottally got everything i needed/wanted & more! We started out headed to Toys R Us we got there at 9:30 and the line was crazy long and im always first in line so i was kinda disapoionted but still ok! They opened at midnight we ran in,(oh we even had a group stretching and trying shoelaces tight! my brother was the "ring leader" of that one lol) We chanted "Zhu Zhu Pets" me and the 1st girl behind me started that one as they gave out tickets lol and when we all ran to the door about 5 till midnight we started a chant to warn the people trying to cut in line "Dont let them in! Dont let them in" also started by me and the other girl lol we got in had a very hard time finding what all we needed and we were in checkout line for 3 hrs well it was close to 3am when we left. As we were going out i asked a lady that worked there that was doing head count while we were outside how many people she had so far and she said close to 1200!!!!!!!!!! I belive it! the line was 6x the length that bust buy usally has and its looong! I guess because of the "open at midnight" and the zhu zhus made it such a big deal! I was amazed and im always there 1st in line!! every year!!!! Anyhoo that was fun we then went to jack in the box ate a lil then hit khols at 4am got to skip line thanks to me applying for a kohls card and got TONS of stuff there too!! then went to kmart and that was great!!! no lines and i got everything on my list!!!!!! We added what it would have been if everything was regular price and it was very close to $810 I only spent $324!!!! Great deals and by far my best black friday! I am so tickled!!! Now gonna try to get some sleep!!!!! Ill post what all i got later when it shows up on my account online and ill try to upload my pics!!!

i went to Walmart this morning at 4:15 stood in line and got my "ticket" for my laptop which was supposed to make things so much easier. Anyways i paid for the laptop and other items totalling close to $600 went back to Tire and Lube where we were supposed to pick up the computers and was told they did not have any. The manager did not respond to my calls for him so I called 1-800-Walmart and was told the complaint would be forwarded blah blah, I was given my money back but needless to say i was and still am not happy, I just called the store and got the store manager on the phone and he hung up on me, so i called back and guess what... he hung up on me again. I AM SO TICKED!!!!

My girlfriend dragged me along to help her get her BF shopping done at WM, and this was the first time I'd been there for the pre-dawn specials on BF. I agree, I don't know what their idea was with the poles, ropes and barricades made with piled-up comforters, but I will never go through that BS again. We shopped in Sayre, PA, and the people shopping were moving slower than molasses in January. From now on we're sticking to shopping at the malls out of town. At least the people seem more educated there :)