BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale

Brad

The e-mail I just sent to BB customer service:

I placed an online order on 11/28/09 for 2 GPS units and 2 cases. I chose store pickup for all items. This morning I received a message saying the GPSes were not available in the store, and to call customer service to change to shipping. I explained this when I called this evening. When I checked my e-mail again, I saw that both the GPSes AND the cases had been changed to shipping, which was not what I wanted. Seeing that the shipping charge was (a frankly outrageous) $10 for these 2 small, light items, I called customer service again to try to have their status changed back to store pickup. I was on hold for 30 minutes when my call diverted to some kind of (full) voice mailbox. This was the end of my call. I'm rather frustrated, first that the simple matter of changing how I would receive the GPSes required a phone call (which had me on hold for a total of more than 30 minutes), then that the CS rep obviously wasn't paying attention to my simple request, the crazy amount you intended to charge me for shipping the cases, and that my second call with another 30-minute hold time was dropped altogether!

Oh, and I would like to note that Kohl's, which had that insane website debacle on BF, took my call in less than 10 minutes yesterday, and through that and a follow-up e-mail I was told to make, has basically resolved my issue.

I was one of the people that got their Sony Vaio laptop cancelled. I just got off the phone and was told that there was some kind of credit that can be applied for the inconveinence of not getting this laptop. Although I am peeved about not getting the laptop something is better than nothing, but I will be fighting to get another comparable laptop for the same price. Has anyone ever dealt with BB about this issue?

I was one of the people that got their Sony Vaio laptop cancelled. I just got off the phone and was told that there was some kind of credit that can be applied for the inconveinence of not getting this laptop. Although I am peeved about not getting the laptop something is better than nothing, but I will be fighting to get another comparable laptop for the same price. Has anyone ever dealt with BB about this issue?

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. It seems like a lot of people have gotten their Sony laptop cancelled. I bought one too on that morning, the status on my order says it is in fulfillment. (They already charged my CC though.) I was wondering, for those who got the Sony laptop cancelled, did you order the $399 ones or the $479 bundle? I haven't gotten any emails about it being cancelled, or items not in stock, or anything for that matter.

I did order the $399 one. Yesterday my order didn't show up at all on the order status screen and I was told it had been canceled but then I get an email today saying it is still back ordered and it is now showing up on my order screen. Who knows what is going on. The only good thing s that in the email it stated that I could supplement something else for this back ordered item, but that is if I can ever get through to customer service.

i got my camcorder yesterday still waiting on my dvds and itunes card though

I am too waiting for the four DVDs I ordered. I know that BB ships little things "Mail Express". If you click the tracking number on the shipping confirmation, it sends you to Mail Express' website and tracks the package. Since November 29th, my package is "enroute to the Destination Processing Center" from Hebron, KY. I am starting to worry if I'll ever see my package from them.

I am too waiting for the four DVDs I ordered. I know that BB ships little things "Mail Express". If you click the tracking number on the shipping confirmation, it sends you to Mail Express' website and tracks the package. Since November 29th, my package is "enroute to the Destination Processing Center" from Hebron, KY. I am starting to worry if I'll ever see my package from them.

if you look on the top right it might have a tracking link for usps because mine does and then the usps website has a updated status

Oh, and I would like to note that Kohl's, which had that insane website debacle on BF, took my call in less than 10 minutes yesterday, and through that and a follow-up e-mail I was told to make, has basically resolved my issue.

Kohls is definately one of my shopping destinations. Their stores are clean and organized. You do not have to carry their card to use it. They have great sales and promotions. They have perfectly synergized their online and B&M operations to provide me with B&M convenience plus online discounts.

For those of you who ordered the Sony Vaio and your order was canceled, I just got a supplemental laptop that has all the same specs just a little bit faster processor (also Sony Vaio by the way) so call up customer service and ask for a replacement at the same price.

That's good to know! I ordered the $479 bundle Vaio, mine hasn't been cancelled, but it hasn't shipped either. I called their CS, waited 25 minutes on hold.. then the person who answered the phone transfered me to another rep, then it has been on hold for another 20 minutes.. still waiting.

if you look on the top right it might have a tracking link for usps because mine does and then the usps website has a updated status

Yes, that is correct. I got one package the other day and EVERYTHING else today :D.