Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Clearance Discussion Thread

312 replies to this topic

#121 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 8:15 am

I need more info on the spongebob media player...Someone HELP You can download videos from DVD? How hard is that to do?

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#122 Shortness  OFFLINE  

Shortness

Everybody needs love...

• 6,734 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 8:24 am

I need more info on the spongebob media player...Someone HELP
You can download videos from DVD? How hard is that to do?

We did it all on the laptop, with an external drive--but that's because our drive didn't work.

I don't know if things have changed, but we downloaded some software (can't remember the name right now) and basically copied the DVD, which put it into the format necessary for putting on our Zunes.
If not today, maybe tomorrow...:mail:

#123 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 8:39 am

We bought the Spongebob MP3 from target on clearance. I think for 20.00. We LOVED it. I got it for my 5 year old at the time. He uses it nonstop. He actually used it until last week when it would not charge any longer. It charges using a USB on the computer. It was easy to load songs to. It is very durable. I never tried to load DVD's to it, but I am sure it is not that hard. I never thought to try it. This info might not help you, but I know someone else was questioning the original price. It was 99.00 initially.. that was a couple of years ago, but Target quickly clearanced them out. It was well worth the 20 we paid! I am thinking about buying him another one! Depending on the age this is a great product!!!!

#124 pumpkin456  OFFLINE  

pumpkin456

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 9:16 am

Is it just me or is there not that many deals. I remember last year and the year before I would leave the computer on and just keep refreshing the amazon thread every so often to get deals. I would check like a million times and day and would get all kinds of great deals.

#125 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 9:28 am

Okay, I just bit the bullet! Grabbed one of the Spongebob 1GB media players. I've been watching that, and also the Disney Pirates of the Carribean media player. I am sooo hoping ds12 will be okay w/the spongebob one, it looks cool to me.

#126 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 10:56 am

Patty, I think he will be fine with the sponge bob one. We actually had both... Pirates and spongebob for different kids. They used them all the time!

#127 sassyME  OFFLINE  

sassyME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 10:57 am

I bit the bullet on the spongebob media players too....I figure with all the great deals on the Blu-ray's with dvd and digital copy movies I bought that loading the digital copies should be a piece of cake...going to load them before Christmas so that when they get them all their new movies are on them!!!

#128 sassyaztec  OFFLINE  

sassyaztec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 10:58 am

Was the Sponge Bob player ever offered with Prime shipping??? It's not avail via amazon.com Did I miss it??

#129 sassyME  OFFLINE  

sassyME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 10:59 am

I bought it on amazon through buy.com I wish it had amazon shipping too! I'd like to know when I am getting it!!!!

#130 sassyaztec  OFFLINE  

sassyaztec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 11:01 am

OH! just saw free shipping with buy.com. Or $25 with prime.

#131 corozco79  OFFLINE  

corozco79

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 11:50 am

Just found out that my niece would like that "Guess Who Extra." Wondering if you have any thoughts on the price? Have any of you seen it cheaper? Thanks in advance!

#132 mkmom  OFFLINE  

mkmom

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 11:53 am

Hey I need to get more stuff for DD5. Any ideas?

I have got wayyy too much for my DS6, but at a loss as to what to get for DD.

Help!

I have a dd 7 and dd 4 and here are some of the things they want/like.

First Act Guitar
Groovy Girls
Legos
Tinkertoys
Dress up
Dolls & accessories
My Little Petshop
Shrinky Dinks
Magic School Bus Science Kits

Hope that helps!

#133 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 11:55 am

Just found out that my niece would like that "Guess Who Extra." Wondering if you have any thoughts on the price? Have any of you seen it cheaper? Thanks in advance!

Toys R Us has Guess Who Extra for $14.99 right now. Kmart has it for $24 but you get a free classic game with it. On BF Boscov's had the BOGO deal making it about $15.
I remember last year getting to about $10....hoping it does it again since so far most of the toys that are on sale were the ones on sale last year also.
So to answer your question I'm holding out on the $19 price hoping it will go down. But it's not a must have gift so you may be thinking different.

#134 sassyaztec  OFFLINE  

sassyaztec

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 12:00 pm

Bought the SB digital player. I'm not sure if this site saves me money or makes me spend more! LOL Guess Who Extra went down to at least $15, maybe even 10?? I think I got it at Walmart. ?? I bought it last year.

#135 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 12:01 pm

I have a dd 7 and dd 4 and here are some of the things they want/like.

First Act Guitar
Groovy Girls
Legos
Tinkertoys
Dress up
Dolls & accessories
My Little Petshop
Shrinky Dinks
Magic School Bus Science Kits

Hope that helps!

Thanks "mkmom". Shrinky Dinks sounds interesting. Some of the things I havent even heard of. I will look those up.

#136 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 2:38 pm

Was the Sponge Bob player ever offered with Prime shipping??? It's not avail via amazon.com Did I miss it??

If you were unable to get the SB Player on Amazon, go to www.Buy.com, they had it for the same price and free shipping earlier. Hth

#137 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 2:42 pm

Patty, I think he will be fine with the sponge bob one. We actually had both... Pirates and spongebob for different kids. They used them all the time!

Good to know. And I hope so. He really wanted a 8 gb Ipod, actually all 3 of my kids put one of those on their list. Well ya, that's not happening in our house, we live on a budget, and I stick to it.
I talked to my son about the IPOD, and I asked why he put Ipod specifically, he said well he just wants a portable mp3 player that plays videos too. Well Spongebob does that, and fits in my budget. :D

#138 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 2:57 pm

Good to know. And I hope so. He really wanted a 8 gb Ipod, actually all 3 of my kids put one of those on their list. Well ya, that's not happening in our house, we live on a budget, and I stick to it.
I talked to my son about the IPOD, and I asked why he put Ipod specifically, he said well he just wants a portable mp3 player that plays videos too. Well Spongebob does that, and fits in my budget. :D

I am with you regarding the budget. I have a budget and I am really trying to stick to it. :tongue1: It is really hard when good deals come up! LOL!!

#139 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 3:12 pm

Has anybody bought the Best-Lock sets before (like LEGOS). I want to get the Princess Castle one for my DD. They have "Get $20 off on $50 purchase" of Best-locks going on.

#140 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 3:28 pm

I could not agree more.

#141 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 3:59 pm

Has anybody bought the Best-Lock sets before (like LEGOS).
I want to get the Princess Castle one for my DD.
They have "Get $20 off on $50 purchase" of Best-locks going on.

I use to buy them for my son when he was younger.The are like legos but alot fatter and bigger.Not like duplos but still bigger.They are very nice.
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#142 AudreyNicole  OFFLINE  

AudreyNicole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 4:24 pm

I use to buy them for my son when he was younger.The are like legos but alot fatter and bigger.Not like duplos but still bigger.They are very nice.

Really? Maybe they make different sizes. I got my son a few sets of the best lock blocks for his birthday and they are identical in size to his legos just without the lego name printed on them. He used them with his legos all the time.

IMO the best lock brand is great. My son loves them, and I think the quality is awesome for the price. He has asked for the entire police set for Christmas, and unlike with the legos, I can actually afford to do it. LOL
<p> :hearthrob Audrey :hearthrobSAHM to Logan (16) and Joshua (15)

#143 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 4:46 pm

Really? Maybe they make different sizes. I got my son a few sets of the best lock blocks for his birthday and they are identical in size to his legos just without the lego name printed on them. He used them with his legos all the time.

IMO the best lock brand is great. My son loves them, and I think the quality is awesome for the price. He has asked for the entire police set for Christmas, and unlike with the legos, I can actually afford to do it. LOL

Thanks guys!
I am off to spend some more :D A best-loc set for my DD and one for my DS (for his bday though, he already has enough gifts for christmas). The only problem will be saving it for 6 months since his bday is in July.

I should really stop buying anymore but with deals like these......somebody help me :D

#144 luvadeal46  OFFLINE  

luvadeal46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 4:50 pm

I agree with you... I wake up in the morning check the deals..... go to work.... come home check the deals......make supper, help kids with homework....get things ready for the next day and check many times in between and then well before bed I check again.....and if i get up to go potty in the middle of the night well ah i check again... I think I am addicted..however without checking all of these deals... my kids wouldn't have had that many things under the tree but now i can't stop shopping and when the little brown truck comes i can't even remember what I bought.....i really need to start wrapping and going through all the boxes..... someone please help me........

#145 BridgeIU  OFFLINE  

BridgeIU

Go Hoosiers!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:30 pm

I just jumped on the $19.99 Thomas lightning deal. The description says

"The Thomas Trackmaster Railway System is the former TOMY Motorized Road & Rail System. This train is compatible with all former TOMY Motorized Road & Rail components. (Track requires an adapter to be used with old TOMY blue track)"

Does anybody know where to get the track adaptor? I was looking around and it doesn't look like amazon has it. We have a couple of the blue tracks/thomases, but I didn't want to miss out on a great deal cause I'm missing a $2 piece. :D

#146 nikkilugi  OFFLINE  

nikkilugi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:34 pm

when the little brown truck comes i can't even remember what I bought.....i really need to start wrapping and going through all the boxes.....

someone please help me........

That is what I am thinking right now but I can't get up and do it.

#147 o_arlene  OFFLINE  

o_arlene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:39 pm

So I got this animal scramble game this morning at target for 22.99 I always compare prices with amazon. So got back home and guess what game is only 9.99 on amazon. So game on the trunk of my car with recipe taking it back. I have to say this is our first year in Hawaii and Oh toys are expensive here!! usually $10 or more than the mainland. So 90% of my shopping have been possible thanks to amazon.com

#148 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:54 pm

Thanks guys on the Spongebob advice, I ended up passing cause #1) we don't do spongebob here and 2) Jax already has a nice MP3 player.... I DID get my Wii sing it and it IS the bundle WITH MICROPHONE. I know some people were worried about that :)

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#149 xslicricx  OFFLINE  

xslicricx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:56 pm

I just jumped on the $19.99 Thomas lightning deal. The description says

Does anybody know where to get the track adaptor? I was looking around and it doesn't look like amazon has it. We have a couple of the blue tracks/thomases, but I didn't want to miss out on a great deal cause I'm missing a $2 piece. :D

That was such a great deal on the Thomas set! DS is a Thomas fanatic. I am not sure but I think we got a couple of those pieces with an adapter set. I am thinking we picked it up at Target. It's a little piece that is the same color as the new tracks.

Looks like this: http://www.tomy.co.u...?parent=2348688

#150 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 6:02 pm

Arlene- Just out of curiosity, do you get free standard shipping and/or 2-day prime shipping to Hawaii? How long does it usually take to get your items? Do they go UPS/FedEx, or USPS? I used to sell teaching resources on ebay and once I sold something and offered free shipping on it... well, the person who bought it was in Hawaii and I went from making $10+ on the item to losing something like $5 because the shipping was SOOO high. Sorry for being so nosy! :) My dad and step-mom travel a lot and they've talked about how expensive basic items are in Hawaii.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users