Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Clearance Discussion Thread

312 replies to this topic

#91 Mikesgirl  OFFLINE  

Mikesgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 7, 2009 - 7:10 pm

You know you addiction is bad when all the kids in your house complain that ups drove by without stopping!

#92 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 7, 2009 - 7:18 pm

I am also bad about buying because it is a good price. I have Easter and b-days covered now!! I also wake-up telling myself that I am not going to look at the deals today......I always do! LOL!!! I need to stop!

#93 2knightsandaprincess  OFFLINE  

2knightsandaprincess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 7, 2009 - 10:14 pm

What a great idea. I hadn't even thought about saving some items for Easter. Thanks!

#94 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 2:20 am

You know you addiction is bad when all the kids in your house complain that ups drove by without stopping!

DD told me when she got off the school bus yesterday she saw the UPS truck turning, so she ran... course the guy in the truck won. Then she was sad none of the packages had her name on it :)
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

#95 Scruzin  OFFLINE  

Scruzin

Big DEAL!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 5:53 am

I am holding out for Rocky the Robot Truck on a Lightning Deal. That is all I am really needing to finish the year!

#96 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 5:56 am

I am holding out for Rocky the Robot Truck on a Lightning Deal. That is all I am really needing to finish the year!

I am hoping for this too. Wishing I would have grabbed it when it was down to $49.00.

#97 mollannie  OFFLINE  

mollannie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 6:32 am

You'd think I was having an affair with the UPS man, he's been coming by so often and will continue to for the next week or so. These Amazon deals are truly addicting - I can't get anything done around the house because I'm always checking out GottaDeal's Amazon toy sale updates. OK, I'm done for NOW. But, before I go, I'll have to refresh my GottaDeal page and check one more time before I get offline:D

#98 Christina97  OFFLINE  

Christina97

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 6:46 am

Our UPS man comes to our house alot too. He asked a few weeks ago if we had any Tums!! I guess lunch didn't agree with him to well.

#99 epgpjp  OFFLINE  

epgpjp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 6:52 am

I'm addicted also. LOL. But amazon is not helping my blood pressure problems. Why is it that things in my cart that I am waiting on to either go down in price or add up to get the FS seem to just disapear or go way up in price? I am not very lucky at collecting good deals that stay there. I am afraid to sign up for a prime account because then I would not have the excuse to sit on something to see if I really want or need it. I think prime would put me over the edge in spending. lol. Now, maybe I should just stop shopping gottadeal and go to school to become a psychiatrist that specializes in amazon addictions. At least I could make more money to spend at amazon! LOL

#100 Christina97  OFFLINE  

Christina97

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:13 am

I'm addicted also. LOL. But amazon is not helping my blood pressure problems. Why is it that things in my cart that I am waiting on to either go down in price or add up to get the FS seem to just disapear or go way up in price? I am not very lucky at collecting good deals that stay there. I am afraid to sign up for a prime account because then I would not have the excuse to sit on something to see if I really want or need it. I think prime would put me over the edge in spending. lol. Now, maybe I should just stop shopping gottadeal and go to school to become a psychiatrist that specializes in amazon addictions. At least I could make more money to spend at amazon! LOL

I'm there with you! I have got to stop looking on here but, I just keep thinking well that would be a good deal for such and such's birthday.. lol I am so addicted to this site... And that isn't a very good thing. hahaha

#101 AlwayzShopping  OFFLINE  

AlwayzShopping

Soon in the Poor House

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:15 am

Our UPS man comes to our house alot too. He asked a few weeks ago if we had any Tums!! I guess lunch didn't agree with him to well.

Funny!! During the summer our development had a community yard sale. this man stopped by with is wife and says "Honey, see all this stuff this woman is selling it's all the stuff I delivered to her through out the year". LOL So I looked at the guy and he tells me that he's my UPS man. Too Funny.

#102 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 8:24 am

hummm... the nerf dart tag set is the same price today it was for the lightning deal yesterday.

#103 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 2:00 pm

I just wanted to post my POV on the The Grinch- Sing Your Heart Out! game that was $24.99 NOW $4.99. I was a little hesitant to buy it because there are very mixed reviews on it, but when it went down to $5, I thought that it was worth taking a chance on... even if it didn't work as it was supposed to, we could use the pieces and make our own game up. It came in today and we already sat down and played it... it is one of the best $5 I've spent! My DS7, DS4, and I played and had a blast. We picked out 5 Christmas songs and sang our hearts out... laughing everytime the Grinch's sleigh shot off the end of the ramp, scattering gifts everywhere. Some of the reviews claimed it was hard to put together... maybe for a child, but an adult should have no problems (I did it just fine in under 5 minutes and I am notorious in my family for messing things like this up). We did gather close to the sleigh to make sure our singing was picked up, and usually within 5-10 seconds of singing, off it went. I am really glad I picked it up... we're going to have a lot of fun over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, sitting around, drinking cocoa and playing The Grinch! One BIG upside is that you are on a team, so there were no hard feelings towards other players... although my 4 year old did stick his tongue out at the Grinch a couple of times. LOL. Worth $25, maybe not for the quality, but for the fun factor, YES. Worth $5, HECK YEAH! :)

#104 nat1jen  OFFLINE  

nat1jen

• 1,679 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 2:27 pm

I got several big boxes of toys from the UPS man today. I have a certain $ amount set aside to spend on Toys for Tots, and I have been having a great time with all of these deals. It's going to look like I spent a fortune! I love looking at all of these toys. I miss my girls being in the "toy" stage.

#105 o_arlene  OFFLINE  

o_arlene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 4:49 pm

tn20 Now I want to buy the grinch game! I hold up because of reviews. Question any reviews for the giraffe limbo game? pretty much I have a lot of games for my 6 year old but need some for my 3 year old dd. is the grinch to hard for her? thank you

#106 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 5:55 pm

I just wanted to post my POV on the The Grinch- Sing Your Heart Out! game that was $24.99 NOW $4.99.

I was a little hesitant to buy it because there are very mixed reviews on it, but when it went down to $5, I thought that it was worth taking a chance on... even if it didn't work as it was supposed to, we could use the pieces and make our own game up.

It came in today and we already sat down and played it... it is one of the best $5 I've spent! My DS7, DS4, and I played and had a blast. We picked out 5 Christmas songs and sang our hearts out... laughing everytime the Grinch's sleigh shot off the end of the ramp, scattering gifts everywhere.

Some of the reviews claimed it was hard to put together... maybe for a child, but an adult should have no problems (I did it just fine in under 5 minutes and I am notorious in my family for messing things like this up). We did gather close to the sleigh to make sure our singing was picked up, and usually within 5-10 seconds of singing, off it went.

I am really glad I picked it up... we're going to have a lot of fun over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas, sitting around, drinking cocoa and playing The Grinch!

One BIG upside is that you are on a team, so there were no hard feelings towards other players... although my 4 year old did stick his tongue out at the Grinch a couple of times. LOL.

Worth $25, maybe not for the quality, but for the fun factor, YES.
Worth $5, HECK YEAH!

Thanks for your review! I just purchased it for my DD7 and DD5 because of your review..Thanks again! We love playing games!

#107 Tommysmom  OFFLINE  

Tommysmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 6:15 pm

Thanks for your review! I just purchased it for my DD7 and DD5 because of your review..Thanks again! We love playing games!

Ditto, me too. Thx for the review. Your review convinced me that we would have fun w/it too. Merry Christmas!

#108 AudreyNicole  OFFLINE  

AudreyNicole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:29 pm

I just picked up a $4.99 Rubik's cube for DH. He just mentioned the other day that he wanted one for Christmas. I signed up for the free Prime trial, which will expire on 12/25, but I have gotten so many great deals that I am SO SO tempted to sign up for a full year!
<p> :hearthrob Audrey :hearthrobSAHM to Logan (16) and Joshua (15)

#109 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:40 pm

Ahhhh. I love Amazon. I finally placed my first order from there for this season.

http://forums.gottad...3&postcount=745

Little Mommy Achoo, just dropped to $14.99. I'm stoked! I had $5 in Gift Cards (gotta love surveys!), so essentially I got her for $9.99.

This is one my youngest has been asking for. I could NOT see paying $40 for a doll, it looked good at 19.99. Just the other day I told someone that I was hoping it'd go down to $15, and it did! Wishes DO come true!

#110 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:46 pm

tn20 Now I want to buy the grinch game! I hold up because of reviews. Question any reviews for the giraffe limbo game? pretty much I have a lot of games for my 6 year old but need some for my 3 year old dd. is the grinch to hard for her? thank you

I don't know about the Giraffe game, but I was considering it too until I read that you cannot take the pieces apart to put the game away after playing. We don't have enough room to leave it set up, so I decided against it. Hopefully someone who has played it will post something for you!

The Grinch should be just fine for your 3 year old! My DS4 just turned 4 a couple of weeks ago and he had no problems at all, especially because you play as a team, so you're helping each other! Plus, it helps with color skills because you have to match the Who people with their correct gift based on the color of their clothing (she's wearing red and green, so you have to pick a red and green gift to match with her).

Ditto, me too. Thx for the review. Your review convinced me that we would have fun w/it too. Merry Christmas!

I'm glad my review helped you both out! I hope your families enjoy it as much as we are! My boys have created their own versions of the game already, too, which range from the Grinch delivering gifts to the Whos in his sleigh, to driving their toy cars up Mt. Crumpit, to seeing how long it take for them to set the sleigh off singing different songs.

They've played with it for several hours today... even if they never touched it again, I've already gotten my $5 worth, IMO. But seeing as they've already picked which songs to sing tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen! We're leaving it set up on the coffee table. :)

#111 krissy077  OFFLINE  

krissy077

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 7:56 pm

my 2 year old and my daycare kids ages 3&4 LOVE uno moo!! i must say that i like it too!!

#112 AudreyNicole  OFFLINE  

AudreyNicole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 8:05 pm

I have a question... not sure where to post it... I know that amazon will alert you if the items in your cart have increased or decreased. Is that true for both the items in your cart "to buy now" and also for the items in your cart "saved for later"? Or is it only if they are in the "to buy now" section of the cart that you get the notification?

#113 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 8:09 pm

I just picked up a $4.99 Rubik's cube for DH. He just mentioned the other day that he wanted one for Christmas. I signed up for the free Prime trial, which will expire on 12/25, but I have gotten so many great deals that I am SO SO tempted to sign up for a full year!

Thats exactly how I felt after last Christmas...I had the free prime membership..What I did is signed up for a year..and I split it with my sister-in-law..So we each pay $40..and since she works during the day she just has all her packages shipped to me anyway...

#114 krissy077  OFFLINE  

krissy077

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 8:12 pm

I have a question... not sure where to post it... I know that amazon will alert you if the items in your cart have increased or decreased. Is that true for both the items in your cart "to buy now" and also for the items in your cart "saved for later"? Or is it only if they are in the "to buy now" section of the cart that you get the notification?

it notifies you about the "saved for later" items also

#115 AudreyNicole  OFFLINE  

AudreyNicole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 8:17 pm

Thats exactly how I felt after last Christmas...I had the free prime membership..What I did is signed up for a year..and I split it with my sister-in-law..So we each pay $40..and since she works during the day she just has all her packages shipped to me anyway...

That is a great idea! I have to find someone to split it with! :)

it notifies you about the "saved for later" items also

Thank you :) I was driving myself nuts moving stuff to and from my cart everytime I wanted to check out with only 1 item, but I was afraid I wouldn't know if the "buy later" items had gone down in price :)

#116 ratlenhum  OFFLINE  

ratlenhum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 9:34 pm

You can have up to 4 additional people. Get a few friends on board and split it 5 ways

#117 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2009 - 9:40 pm

Do you have to share 1 Amazon account or can you use 5 separate accounts?

#118 conj  OFFLINE  

conj

WHats My function, you ask?

• 8,311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 2:08 am

Do you have to share 1 Amazon account or can you use 5 separate accounts?

separate accounts.
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!

Knowledge does not dissolve integrity - Conj

#119 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:17 am

ack.. everything in my cart went up today! I did get the color explosion deal... :)

#120 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 9, 2009 - 5:44 am

Hey I need to get more stuff for DD5. Any ideas? I have got wayyy too much for my DS6, but at a loss as to what to get for DD. Help!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users