Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon Toy Clearance Discussion Thread

312 replies to this topic

#301 nikol0304  OFFLINE  

nikol0304

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 6:45 am

I did notice that there were some great prices recently.....alittle to close to Christmas for me. I am so done shopping, but can't resist the great prices.! LOL! I am curious to see what the lightning deal prices will be today!

Yes! That's what makes me so angry! It's like they know everyone is already done shopping so they can afford to slash the prices so much. I was "done" shopping for my boys about a month ago. But over the past 2-3 weeks I've found the price on almost every item I bought for them has dropped by at least $10! But like you...I don't like waiting so close to Christmas to order online, especially.

I am just glad I've discovered Amazon and this website. I will be fully prepared for next year!!

#302 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 8:56 am

I have Prime, so I'm still able to buy, but most everything that I'm interested in was cheaper a few weeks ago. But greedily, I held out, hoping for a better deal and now they've gone back up. Oh well, my kids have WAY too much stuff already! :) I did pick up Gator Golf for $4.99 this morning, though, so thanks to whoever posted that!

#303 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 9:02 am

I have Prime, so I'm still able to buy, but most everything that I'm interested in was cheaper a few weeks ago. But greedily, I held out, hoping for a better deal and now they've gone back up.

Oh well, my kids have WAY too much stuff already! :) I did pick up Gator Golf for $4.99 this morning, though, so thanks to whoever posted that!

I also have prime, I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed with plenty of time. I will say...that they have had some great deals in the last few days. I have Easter and b-days covered...lol!

#304 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 1:00 pm

I know what you mean, sallnori!!! In addition to WAY too many Christmas presents for my 4 kids and niece, I have Easter taken care of and a FULL gift cubby! DH kept asking, "Why are you buying 3 of the same thing???" LOL! I'd rather spend $5 now on a $30+ gift for a bday party, then spend $30 everytime one of my kiddos is invited to one! I feel bad because my DS7's BFF got $30 in junk at his bday party from us because I didn't have any deals at the time... now all the other parties we've been to since, the kids have gotten NICE things that I spent a LOT less money on (like those $5 eyeclops microscopes they had a while back), but they look nicer and more expensive than what we got him. So I'm on the lookout for something AWESOME for his next bday so he doesn't start thinking my DS likes the other kids better. LOL.

#305 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 1:28 pm

I know what you mean, sallnori!!! In addition to WAY too many Christmas presents for my 4 kids and niece, I have Easter taken care of and a FULL gift cubby! DH kept asking, "Why are you buying 3 of the same thing???" LOL! I'd rather spend $5 now on a $30+ gift for a bday party, then spend $30 everytime one of my kiddos is invited to one!

I feel bad because my DS7's BFF got $30 in junk at his bday party from us because I didn't have any deals at the time... now all the other parties we've been to since, the kids have gotten NICE things that I spent a LOT less money on (like those $5 eyeclops microscopes they had a while back), but they look nicer and more expensive than what we got him. So I'm on the lookout for something AWESOME for his next bday so he doesn't start thinking my DS likes the other kids better. LOL.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one! I am set for Easter too, gift closet, and b-days. My hubby and I are really changing our approach to Christmas this year. My kids are getting 3 gifts from Santa, 3 from us. Santa is also bringing 3 gifts for our family to enjoy together. Not to mention grandparents, aunt/uncles, and family friends that give my children gifts. It always ends up being soooo much. Even though I am done with all my shopping....I too, would rather spend 5ish now on a nice gift for birthday parties to come. I can't resist the great deals. With 4 kids....I am really trying to get better about planning ahead. I found GottaDeal last year and luv it. I am hooked....and need to start budgeting now for the Target Clearance sale in a couple of months. LOL!!!!:yup::eyepoppin:cheesy:

#306 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 2:24 pm

Ooh, Target toy clearance!!! I found so much stuff at the one last July! I just saw that Scatterpillar game was $4.99, Operation was $4.99, and Monopoly card game was $3.99... yup, ordered them all! I am so weak.

#307 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 2:33 pm

Ooh, Target toy clearance!!! I found so much stuff at the one last July!

I just saw that Scatterpillar game was $4.99, Operation was $4.99, and Monopoly card game was $3.99... yup, ordered them all! I am so weak.

Operation is back up at 9.99
Good thing you and I ordered it while it was low :D

#308 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 8:24 pm

Thanks for helping me justify my purchase, naturegirl! :)

#309 2knightsandaprincess  OFFLINE  

2knightsandaprincess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 9:07 pm

I noticed as well and got enough to cover Easter, my youngest son's birthday coming up soon, and a lot of other birthday gifts for friends as well. I think I am all toy'd out.

#310 naturegirl  OFFLINE  

naturegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 9:19 pm

Thanks for helping me justify my purchase, naturegirl! :)

uw :)

#311 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2009 - 9:21 pm

I must make a suggestion to those of you that have (or will have) what I call toy closets/gift closet's. Keep a written/typed list of the items and their value and cost paid in a safe storage place, I'd say on your flash drive. Obviously you wouldn't probably want to go to all that trouble for just a few cheap items, however if your gift closet looks like mine used to, then you should. Trust me, I DO know from personal experience. You just never know when a disaster will hit you. <carry on>

#312 bovichtj  OFFLINE  

bovichtj

BoilerMommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2009 - 3:54 am

ty for the link to melissa & doug. my niece turns 1 in january, and I ordered some **great** puzzle deals for her :) plus my prime trial is still valid (and shipping from MI to AZ is NOT CHEAP)
Joanne
:gdevillaugh::g_laughin:g_laughin:g_laughin

#313 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2009 - 5:58 am

I must make a suggestion to those of you that have (or will have) what I call toy closets/gift closet's.
Keep a written/typed list of the items and their value and cost paid in a safe storage place, I'd say on your flash drive. Obviously you wouldn't probably want to go to all that trouble for just a few cheap items, however if your gift closet looks like mine used to, then you should. Trust me, I DO know from personal experience.
You just never know when a disaster will hit you.

<carry on>

i have a list, but need to get better organized with all the stuff I have ordered. Thanks for the idea!! Luv it!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users