Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon Toy Clearance Discussion Thread

312 replies to this topic

#1 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2009 - 9:48 am

This thread is to discuss toy deals on Amazon. Link to the deal thread: HERE

Please try to keep discussions in this thread. Not a requirement at this time, but when the Hot Toy Sale starts in December it will need to be required at that time, as there will be a ton of toys deals then.

What to use this thread for:
You found a good deal on a toy, post it in the Toy deal thread. But come HERE and ask for opinions of that toy.
You found a toy in the Toy deal thread cheaper somewhere else? Post it in the deal thread.
You hate a toy that is in the deal thread, post it HERE.

If you have questions, send me a PM or post in HERE.
Please try to keep discussions in this thread. Not a requirement at this time, but when the Hot Toy Sale starts in December it will need to be required at that time, as there will be a ton of toys deals then.

What to use this thread for:
You found a good deal on a toy, post it in the Toy deal thread. But come HERE and ask for opinions of that toy.
You found a toy in the Toy deal thread cheaper somewhere else? Post it in the deal thread.
You hate a toy that is in the deal thread, post it HERE.

If you have questions, send me a PM or post in HERE.

#2 threelittlecupcakes  OFFLINE  

threelittlecupcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2009 - 9:18 am

Does Amazon still give money back when the price drops on an item you purchased in the last few weeks?

#3 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 23, 2009 - 9:45 am

No they no longer give you money back unless it is a preordered DVD or game. Kinda stinks if you ask me :(

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#4 oceanstats  OFFLINE  

oceanstats

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 23, 2009 - 9:46 am

No, they stopped that this year. It's now in their FAQ that they no longer do this.:(

#5 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 23, 2009 - 9:46 am

Oh or Book, I have gotten the most refunds on preordered books..

:gdhug2:

I can always be used as a "bad example" :P
If you are easily offended please turn that way and cover your ears

#6 threelittlecupcakes  OFFLINE  

threelittlecupcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 23, 2009 - 11:26 am

Thanks!

#7 Mommy2Four  OFFLINE  

Mommy2Four

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 2, 2009 - 1:51 pm

I'm interested in the the Littlest Petshop DS games just listed. Can those be used on the DS and the DS Lite, or is that the same thing? My kids aren't old enough for these things yet so I have no idea.
:book: :loli:

#8 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 2, 2009 - 3:20 pm

Yup! The games that are listed as Nintendo DS can be used on the Nintendo DS (bigger model that came out several years ago), Nintendo DS Lite (model that came out a couple of years ago and are the ones most people own), and the Nintendo DSi which is the new one that just came out this year. HTH! The only thing that can be played on some DSs, but not all are the Game Boy Advance games (not even made any more, I think). They can be played on DS, DS Lite, but not on DSi.

Edited by tn20, Dec 2, 2009 - 3:21 pm.
Correcting a typo

#9 sassyME  OFFLINE  

sassyME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 2, 2009 - 3:22 pm

might be the wrong place to put this but I was just offered a free trial to prime and don't know why! I had one 2 years ago....but when I went to checkout it had that offer in there for a free one month trial! LOVE IT!!! Just in time for Christmas! Watch for yours! FYI I ordered some club penguin stuffed animals and a $10 cheer leading Wii game and the pom poms that went with it.

#10 bovichtj  OFFLINE  

bovichtj

BoilerMommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 12:47 pm

I am disappointed. Ordered the Matchbox Pirate Ship on Tuesday as a lightning deal for $29.99 and today it is listed as a NEW lightning deal for $19.99! I have Amazon Prime, so I already reeived the first one and couldn't refuse it. WHo would have thought they would re-offer a lightning deal like that? I e-mailed Amazon, and we'll see what they say :(
Joanne
:gdevillaugh::g_laughin:g_laughin:g_laughin

#11 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 1:08 pm

Wow...that sucks! I hope they don't keep doing that. I thought I had seen that ship on there recently, but I'm not interested in it so I didn't pay any attention to the price or anything.

#12 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 1:09 pm

I bet they just might adjust the price for you. Especially if you sent the email while it was on the new price.

I am disappointed. Ordered the Matchbox Pirate Ship on Tuesday as a lightning deal for $29.99 and today it is listed as a NEW lightning deal for $19.99! I have Amazon Prime, so I already reeived the first one and couldn't refuse it.

WHo would have thought they would re-offer a lightning deal like that?

I e-mailed Amazon, and we'll see what they say :(

#13 bovichtj  OFFLINE  

bovichtj

BoilerMommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 2:44 pm

I bet they just might adjust the price for you. Especially if you sent the email while it was on the new price.

Patty, you were correct ;)

I sent the note while the price was still active, and in less than an hour they replied and credited me the $10 :) A pleasant surprise ;)
Joanne
:gdevillaugh::g_laughin:g_laughin:g_laughin

#14 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 2:52 pm

I am disappointed. Ordered the Matchbox Pirate Ship on Tuesday as a lightning deal for $29.99 and today it is listed as a NEW lightning deal for $19.99! I have Amazon Prime, so I already reeived the first one and couldn't refuse it.

WHo would have thought they would re-offer a lightning deal like that?

I e-mailed Amazon, and we'll see what they say :(

They keep doing wierd stuff like that. I wish I could figure it out. :confused:

#15 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 4:01 pm

Patty, you were correct ;)

I sent the note while the price was still active, and in less than an hour they replied and credited me the $10 :) A pleasant surprise ;)

Ya!
I've never ever had any issues with Amazon, given me adjustments in the past, etc. Glad they got you yours! :D

#16 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 6:13 pm

I'm glad you got your refund, Joanne! A day or two ago, they had the Oh the Places You'll Go board game as a lightning deal for $5.99 and I missed it, then today, they marked the game down to $5. I was thinking that I'd be annoyed if I had bought it as a Lightning Deal, then it went down right afterwards... and that was only over $.99! $10 and I'd be really annoyed! I think that they are recycling their lightning deals that don't sell out, and listing them lower a few days later, or just marking the product down as a non-lightning deal. Maybe testing the market at a higher price and going lower if it doesn't sell very well at the higher price.

#17 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 9:15 pm

tn20 - I'm carrying this over from the other thread. I put 4 lightning deals in my cart today starting at 6 am and ending at 2 pm. I checked out around 3-3:30 and bought 2 of the 4. Both had sold out during their times and I still got them for the sale prices. The remaining two items stayed in my cart at the sale prices still, 1 had sold out during lightning and the other had not last I checked. It is now 9 pm and I just went in and both of the remaining 2 are back to regular price. So I have no clue how Amazon works that. They stayed there for hours past their ending times but went back to regular price well before midnight (I am on PST).

#18 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 9:56 pm

angleyez- That is so weird! I have Prime, so there isn't any reason for me to wait when there is something that I want, but I just don't like not knowing how it works, just in case, at some point, I need to know for some reason. :) I'm just curious... or nosy, as my DH says.

#19 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 9:57 pm

tn20 - I'm carrying this over from the other thread. I put 4 lightning deals in my cart today starting at 6 am and ending at 2 pm. I checked out around 3-3:30 and bought 2 of the 4. Both had sold out during their times and I still got them for the sale prices. The remaining two items stayed in my cart at the sale prices still, 1 had sold out during lightning and the other had not last I checked. It is now 9 pm and I just went in and both of the remaining 2 are back to regular price. So I have no clue how Amazon works that. They stayed there for hours past their ending times but went back to regular price well before midnight (I am on PST).

I'm PST too. The only thing I can figure is that they allow for % over for people that put them in their cart and then don't purchase. Once somebody checks out after the lightning deal finishes that person gets that item. If the item wasn't 100% sold out, you'd have until midnight to purchase. But if it was sold out it may be sitting in carts and waiting for whoever is first to check out and pay for the item to get it. In my mind this makes sense...typing it, I'm not so sure. :cheesy:

#20 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 4, 2009 - 10:11 pm

No, I think I get what you're saying, Debbie! For example, Item A has 100 items available to sell. 125 people put the item in their cart, and it says sold out. But only 75 of those 125 people allowed to put it in their cart check out right away. So that leaves Item A in 50 different people's carts, even though there are only 25 products left. So the deal remains until 25 of the 50 people checkout, or 12AM PST when time is up. Makes sense... but it also causes issues because that means that Amazon is allowing more people to put the item in their cart than they have products available. That is asking for trouble if all 125 people check out immediately and 25 people get a sold out message. I would be annoyed if I "waited in line" to be able to put the deal in my cart, then checked out immediately, but was told they were out. Crazy Amazon! Why don't they just mark everything down 75% or more and be done with it?!?

#21 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 11:08 am

debbie/tn - that's exactly what i figured, but now i'm not so sure. One of the items that I did not buy and the price went back up on was the Star Wars RC plane. I figured they reached their max to sell, but it was on there again today as a Lightning deal for I think the same price, maybe it was $5 higher this time. Funny I can't remember that, lol. I think today's LD's are horrible! Nothing good in there for me anyway...and they have recycled quite a few things this week as well. what you are talking about with waiting in line and not getting istis what happened with the xbox 360 a few weeks back and there was internet outrage over it, lol. I don't know if that was truly a glitch on Amazon's behalf or if it was a scam. However, after the outrage they made good on it and gave everyone who tried the opportunity to get it again with no "line fighting." i was wondering if the delay in the sales was an attempt to push people to prime. prime is something amazon makes money on, they don't really ship any different, they just promise it will leave the warehouse earlier. even if they lose money on a couple shipments, they make money over all. i myself know that I always hit $25 and the $79 prime will never be worth it to me. I would have to make about 20 purchases a year under $25 for that to work out. most people don't do that. if amazon is struggling this year too, it would be good for them to push that. if its too close to christmas, people are going to take the trial...many forgetting to cancel, or not wanting too...and amazon is going to make a buck that way. i was holding on until today but now, i really think the sale isn't going to happen at all. i think amazon was hit by the recession and just doesn't have the stock. even if amazon is doing fine, their suppliers are not. oh and one more thing....i do not have prime, and over 75% of my items have shipped the same day i bought them or the next day.

Edited by angleyez423, Dec 5, 2009 - 11:22 am.

#22 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 12:01 pm

I noticed that the Star Wars was on LDs again! The LDs are definately sucking today! As are the other sales... the only thing I've bought today is DS7 bought the Play Doh Burger set for DS4. It is $10, which is the same as WM, but our WM is sold out (and has been since they day they went on sale... maybe they never had any?). DS4 loves making Play Doh food, so I'm sure he'll love it. Now with Prime, I am one of the people that probably cost Amazon an arm and a leg. I am on my step-dad's account, so I don't even pay the membership fee, then I buy TONS of small things and rarely have more than 1 thing in an order. Last year I missed out on a lot of the toy deals because I would put them in my cart and while I was looking for something else to hit $25, the item would go back up in price. So, for me, I'm a HUGE Prime fan! You make a good point, though! They might hold back on the great deals to try to push people into signing up for Prime to get their items in time for Christmas. Either that or they might not have the great deals due to the economy! :(

#23 angleyez423  OFFLINE  

angleyez423

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 4:21 pm

Now, I got something in my cart at the LD price, continued to shop, went back and its at regular price. It is still active with 82% still available and it won't give me the LD price anymore. I deleted it and tried to add it back to my cart and it says it was already claimed. Guess that's a sign I never needed it to begin with.

#24 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 5:09 pm

WTHeck?!? That is SO weird! If its something that you really wanted, I would contact Amazon customer support right now and talk to them about it.... if it isn't something you really wanted, I'd probably take it as a sign, too! LOL. :)

#25 littlebundle  OFFLINE  

littlebundle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 5:24 pm

Any one have the paperoni, would a 7 and 8 year old girls like this, is it worth 13.47?

#26 daysangel  OFFLINE  

daysangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 5:36 pm

I'm sad I missed the "Puppy Grows", but I'm afraid we won't see the sales we have in the past... Maybe a few here and there, and the lightening deals, but I think that's going to be it!:no:

#27 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 5:56 pm

daysangel- Keep an eye on the Puppy Grows... that one went up and down and all over the place last year. I believe in was as low as $12.99 one day. littlebundle- Sorry, no experience with the Paperoni, but I would guess 7 & 8 year olds would be the perfect age for it. Hopefully someone who has it will post something for you. Are there any reviews?

#28 littlebundle  OFFLINE  

littlebundle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 6:08 pm

It has OK reviews, I just trust you all more. LOL

#29 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 6:19 pm

LOL- I know how that goes! I like having reviews, but a lot of the time, I just don't agree with them. There are some items that I really like, but they have bad reviews, and some items that I think are awful that a lot of people seem to like. I wish they had some kind of filter so you could see reviews from people who are like you. I get tired of people giving a child's movie bad reviews saying things about the plot not being complex enough, repeated theme, etc. and I'm sitting here thinking, "You must not have kids! That's what they like!"

#30 tn20  OFFLINE  

tn20

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 5, 2009 - 6:38 pm

Can someone please explain to me how to post a picture of an item that I'm posting about without saving the picture to my computer and uploading it to a picture hosting service? I assume there is a much easier way to do this, I just have no idea what it is! Thanks in advance for any help!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users