Samsung Washer/ Dryer combo at Lowes $898

dirtmcgirt79

Just looked at the Lowes ad that came out today.. They have the Samsung front load washer & dryer pair for $898.. This beats Sears $999 Black Friday price..

Washer- WF209ANW

Dryer- DV209AGW

Gas dryer will be $50 more..

Just be aware that the Sears washer is larger. You need the 4.0 cu. ft. for washing king size comforters.

Just be aware that the Sears washer is larger. You need the 4.0 cu. ft. for washing king size comforters.

thats what I was just comparing LOL

Lowes is 209 series whereas the Sears is 219 series.....I need large washer and dryers....

Not familar with this so maybe those who have front loading appliances can answer, do you think there really is a big savings in energy. I noticed in HD ad it stated a $50 savings per yr and 7000 gal of water. Well, thats not much $$$ wise. My present dryer usually takes 60 min + additional 30 mins to dry....

According to Lowe's here, the samsung washer is 4.0 cu ft. I specifically asked when I bought them today and they said 4.0 cu ft. As I understood, there were no diffs btw the 209 and 219

These are the exact same machines.. Just different model numbers.. The Lowes ad was a misprint. If you look up the 209 on the Lowes website, it says 4.0 cu ft.

The 209 and 219 are the same exact machines, just different model numbers for Sears and Lowes..

The 219 has the internal water heater and the 209 does not. This makes sure you reach correct temperature to sanitize. And for someone like me with water pipes on outside in Midwest, it makes sure when I wash clothes on hot, they are really washed on hot.

TRISH

Wouldn't buy a Samsung for anything. Bought a very nice Samsung set 2 years ago. Right at the 2 year mark started having problems. Had their authorized repair people work on it for 6 months while I was going to the laundrymat. Then they said it was irrepairable and Samsung won't do a thing about it. We had to pay for the repairs that didn't repair it and plus buy a new washing machine. Their customer service was awful!

I looked at this and was dissapointed at how little features the Samsung had. Then decided to check out what Home Depot had to offer.

I ended up purchasing the LG wm2101hw and dle2101w for $998. ($600. off)at Home Depot. Used my HD credit card and got 12 months no interest no payments and free delivery/haul away. I bought the pedestals for $229 each.

I'm glad I looked at the HD ad. The LG has many more features than the Samsung on sale at Lowe's.

I just got the same set at Lowes for $630.

I had ordered a different dryer from them because our old one died and was going to cancel the order because I noticed Best Buy had a front load LG washer (WM2016CW) and dryer on sale for 50% off, $350 each. I figured at that price I might as well get both. But when I called Lowes and told them why I was going to cancel the order they said they would price match Best Buy but it would be with the Samsung set. Fine with me because Best Buy wasn't going to have them in stock for 2 weeks and Lowes had the Samsung set in stock.

Ended up getting the set for $630 because I also had a 10% off coupon for Lowes that was sent to me when we bought the house a month ago.

Hell of a deal even at the $898 price, but if you mention the best buy add you might be able to get someone to give you the $700 deal.

I had ordered a different dryer from them because our old one died and was going to cancel the order because I noticed Best Buy had a front load LG washer (WM2016CW) and dryer on sale for 50% off, $350 each. I figured at that price I might as well get both. But when I called Lowes and told them why I was going to cancel the order they said they would price match Best Buy but it would be with the Samsung set. Fine with me because Best Buy wasn't going to have them in stock for 2 weeks and Lowes had the Samsung set in stock.

Ended up getting the set for $630 because I also had a 10% off coupon for Lowes that was sent to me when we bought the house a month ago.

Hell of a deal even at the $898 price, but if you mention the best buy add you might be able to get someone to give you the $700 deal.

Wow, what a deal you got!!! Way to go!

Sweet deal! ;)

I am on the phone with Lowes right now, i just ordered this same set....grrrr....told them a "friend"(gotta deal friend ;) )of mine got this deal and wondered if they would do the same....we'll see....still holding, i'll let you know.....worth a shot~

Edited by 3wardkids
typo

Just to let everyone know hh gregg has the whirlpool 9400 set on sale at $988 with a $100 mail in rebate making it $888 total. They have 12 month no interest financing right now and on black friday will have 24 months no interest. The washer is 4.1 c.f. so larger than the others. THey also have the LG 2101 set for $996 so they beat home depot (no rebates on this one) They are also going to have a 24.8 c.f. french door refrigerator for $888 on black friday. The link for the black friday doorbuster ad is at HH GREGG Black Friday Ad Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Just FYI, our Best Buy was out of stock on the advertised LG washer/dryer so I went to Home Depot to price match last night. They are actually $347 each there, yea!! She said it's not advertised online but that is the price they are in for in the store system so you may want to give them a shot. I also got free delivery and setup with Home Depot :)