Price Adjustments

mandyjo3789

No line in the GS area for me, and no problem price adjusting. When I purchased my items on Tuesday I paid for all BF items on one receipt so all I did was hand it to the gal and asked for an adjustment on each item. They also even price matched Radio Shack's PS3 controller price which saved me an additional $9.64. I love Target today. :D

i went in this morning to do my price adjustment... no lines which i was kinda surprised by... they price adjusted everything except 2 fleece jackets that i guess were doorbusters... i didnt feel like going back out to my car to get them but they will promptly be returned next week...

My Target price adjusted all the stuff that I bought on Wednesday without any problems at all. And, after a quick spin around the store, I'm glad I got it all cause everything I picked up on Wednesday was already gone by 8 a.m.

AND, much to my surprise, they even let me price match the Walmart DS Lite for $98 on the blue color, which wasn't even in the Walmart ad description. Walmart's ad only allowed the $98 price on 4 colors and the blue wasn't included. The guy in Target's customer service never blinked... just gave me my $30 credit.

Also collected a $10 giftcard cause I spent over $100. I was in and out in 10 minutes LITERALLY. I was so happy.

I got about $300 worth of stuff on Wednesday and went in to price adjust and they were as rude as rude could be and refused. I asked them to show me where it said they wouldn't and she said it's printed in the ad. I whipped out the ad and said show me where. Then she said it's on the back of the receipt. I whipped out the receipt and said, please show me. Then she said that they had received numerous emails and letters from corporate not to price adjust and so I asked when they were going to let the public know? I then told her, no problem, I had all the stuff in the car and they could just refund my money and that Walmart thanks them because I would just go over there and get the stuff. I proceeded to walk out, got the stuff, got my money refunded and she then said, I'm sorry about the confusion and my reply was that I wasn't confused in the least! So they lost $300 on me. Not that it probably mattered to them but it was the principle of the matter.

I bought the LCD about 12 days ago. I was told that they would indeed price adjust on BF. Fast forward to 2 days ago. I figured I would pick up one more LCD and I asked the service desk (same Target as before) if they would price adjust and they flat out told me no. I said I was told differently about a week ago but they wouldn't budge. I didn't fight it and I decided that I didn't want that 2nd LCD after all the flip flopping going on and I left for the day.

Me and my wife lined up at about 4:30 and were about the 200th in line. I saw on the map where I needed to go to possibly get that 2nd LCD. The doors open and I haul ass to the maternity section and I swear I put my hands on the very last Westy LCD they had! Score! And I didn't have to price adjust.

I still had one price adjustment to do from my previous LCD purchase. The line was atrocious at the service desk so I figured I would wait till tomorrow when it wasn't so busy. Me and my wife left and continued the rest of our BF shopping on the other side on town. We wound up right next to a different Target. I strolled into the Target with my receipt in hand and was ready to do battle just in case they weren't going to honor their own price adjustment policy. It took me about 10 minutes to get through the line. I handed the receipt to her and simply said that I would like a price adjustment. She said "No problem" and that was that. $199 back into my pocket. She even apologized because I had to wait so long in line! I told her she was doing a great job and wished her a nice day.

Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with the 2nd LCD!

I went to one of my Targets and asked for a PA. The CS lady helping me said she couldn't do it. Then I told her that another store was PAing and that there were several Target around the US that were doing it and asked her if it was specifically THIS store that wasn't doing it. She asked the other employees in the CS area (there were 4 others) if they were PAing for the black friday items and they all said no. Then I complained a little more saying it should not be a problem because another Target in the area would do it (I even told her which one). Then she told me that I should go try there instead because they weren't doing it at their store. I walked away, called corporate and asked if I could get a PA today. They said yes and asked to speak with someone at the store. I walked back to GS with my phone in my hand, told them what corporate said, and one of the employees at GS (the manager?) then said he would do it (even though he specifically said they couldn't before). I told corporate that they were going to do it and she asked for the store number. They guy ended up being SUPER friendly aftewards and PA'd all my items. Then he proceeded to tell me that there was just confusion about what the original question was and blah blah blah...I think he was just trying to cover up for his mistake earlier. While I was getting my PAs, three other guest asked the other employees for a PA and the employees walked over to the guy that was helping me and asked if they were doing PAs. He said yes to each one and one of the employees even said to him "we are?" I hate it when you have to argue with employees about their store policy!

This makes the 2nd year in a row that I was able to get a PA. Granted, Target stores in my area are a dime a dozen so getting a PA isn't impossible but it sure can be a hassle driving all over to pull it off. Glad to hear some peeps on the forum were able to use the corporate number and policy to get their Target's to shape up.

Got a price adjustment without issue, even after I was told no on the phone the other day...although, I didn't have any doorbusters, either...I went in Wednesday night, and a couple of the things I was looking for, I specifically told someone in toys that it was going to be in the ad on Friday, and I was trying to buy it that night, LOL...if they hadn't done it, it was only stuff that I could've lived without anyway...the only things I really wanted were the remote control Mario Kart cars, because my boys are all about Mario these days!

Congrats Jen! That's the way it should be. Kind of makes you wonder why some Target stores are so dead set against giving a PA while other Target's slide it right through like its' no big deal. Could it be due to overzealous management? A misinformed staff? All the above?

All of the above would be my guess. I think if someone has a policy posted (from their corporate office), then they have to abide by it. I don't see how any manager could deviate. So I'm guessing there are too many misinformed staff..

Jen

I was able to get my price adjustment. Just walked in with the receipt and they did it, no questions asked! WOO HOO!!

Jen

Me too. I purchased 11 days ago too!! I just handed the girl my receipt and said "I'd like to price adjust this." About 10 seconds later she handed me my new receipt and said "Thanks"

No problems again this year with my price adjustments. Granted, I only had two things (the $10 ladies PJ sets and the $3 sandwich maker), but I went in this afternoon, handed the receipt, and I was done within about 5 minutes at the most! Then, I went back to the video game section, and was able to get the Sonic and Mario at the Winter Olympics with the free $10 gift card!

I went to do my price adjustment for two video games and they did not want to do it. They told me they were not price adjusting for the two day sale. I told them I had called and they told me they were and also asked to show me where it stated no price adjustment for the sale. They told me that they were told this. I pointed to the wall to and read the policy to them. They again told me no. So... I asked for a manager and instantly....they gave me the price adjustment. :)

Me too. I purchased 11 days ago too!! I just handed the girl my receipt and said "I'd like to price adjust this." About 10 seconds later she handed me my new receipt and said "Thanks"

same for me. i just got back from my target, walked right up to guest services (which had no line) and said i need a price adjustment. girl working credited $200 back to my CC and said nice job :)

My Target had signs on all their CS registers that said they would not price adjust. The only things I had to adjust were 2 scooters. So, not one to be played with I went and bought two new scooters and then immediately returned them on my old receipt. HA HA HA!

LOL I have done this for years. Buy 1 and return 1= BORO for cash!!!!!! I cant stand it when they try to get over on me.

Well you have a "price adjustment" and you have "price matching". Two totally different things.

When price adjusting - you can buy the item and price match up to 14 days from the date of purchase. The price adjustment must occur the same week or the week following your purchase. Just bring in your receipt and Target "should" do it.

When price matching a competitor - Target's guidelines say that they will not pricematch a "timed event" which is what most BF sales are. In this case, you bring in the ad of the competitor when you buy the item or if you already bought the item just bring in the ad up to 7 days after purchase to get the match.

Hope this helps.

Got my price adjustment!!

The lady wanted to be a bi***, saying "are we doing this stuff this year, and you will never beleive all the stories I have heard today... " blah blah blah, but the manager told her to scan the receipt and see what happens. Then she was like "well I'll be darned, it says it will allow it" then she asked her manager if she should follow through with the process or not!! HELLO, if the computer says to allow it than do it!!! Other than that, there was no line and got my tvat the sale price!!!