WALGREEN'S Deal Discussion - NOV/DEC

dantegirl

I will just say that I am livid with Wags in that they will not accept more than one RR for a product! It is company policy not to accept more than one RR (a/k/a Manufacturer's Coupon) per item! I fired off an email last night to "corporate" (did you know it first goes to the store you made the complaint at?) when I wanted to purchase one 2 G Sandisk memory card for $9.99 and wanted to pay with 2 RR-one for $6 and one for $4 and still would have had to pay .69 for state sales tax.

Anyway,the new manager of my favorite store called me before 8 a.m. to respond to my email and to say she didn't want to lose my business. I understand Company Policy but what I don't understand is why CVS' ECB are treated just like cash (which they should be) but yet not Wags' RR??? She explained it had to with a contract with the manufacturer but why would Wags be different than CVS??? Same type of customer rewards program yet different results. I paid cash to purchase the items for RR and therefore the RR should be treated the same. That's the way I see it anyway. It's not like I was asking for cash back...I still owed money for my purchase! Not only that but I passed a CVS and thought to stop in there for the memory card but knew I had the RR to cover my purchase.

I still have around $6 RR from shopping last week but I am so disgusted with Walgreen's that I don't know how much I will shop there anymore. I used to stop in a Wags at least once a week.

The idea of Walgreens RR is new to me, I had not heard of them before and have yet to use them. So I have a question. Are they printed for a specific item? Or is it a general amount that can be used on any item?

If it is an amount off of a specific item, that is the difference compared to CVS ECB. From what I can tell ECB is a STORE coupon than takes the dollar amount off of an entire purchase. If I remember correctly, you do have to buy one item for each ECB you redeem, although the ECB can be applied to any item, and as long as the total of your order exceeds the coupon credit, the items need not exceed the discount of the ECB applied to it.

I think this is why you can also spend both a manufacturers coupon AND an ECB on an item at CVS, as long as the total cost of your purchase exceeds the combined amount. Again, this is because a CVS ECB is NOT a manufacturers coupon.

But as I said, Walgreen's RR is new to me, so take my explanation with a grain of salt.

I hate shopping at Walgreens because their policy changes all the time and its so complicated there's no easy way to figure out how to make your purchases using Register Rewards. Even the cashiers are confused.

This week I decided to try one more time. When I went to check out I was told that there are even more rules now. You can't pay with a RR that is the same amount as the product you're purchasing RR. Example: I had a $2 RR from a previous trip and wanted to buy a totally unrelated item that would generate a $2 RR. I was told I can't do that because the register will not print a RR of the same dollar amount that was used to pay for the item...and this has nothing to do with the policy of not being able to use a RR to buy the same item that generated the RR. Confused yet??? Yeah me to. I told them I won't be back. I don't have time to plan a shopping and paying strategy!!

I wasn't happy this week either. I have RR to spend and wanted to get Life ceral and softsoap that were on sale. I went four times to two different stores and they never had the sale items. :mad:

OK, lets put it on sale, draw people in, and not have what they want! If the RR expire before I get to use them I will argue it.

today's the last day of the sale....I can't believe I'm going back......

I will just say that I am livid with Wags in that they will not accept more than one RR for a product! It is company policy not to accept more than one RR (a/k/a Manufacturer's Coupon) per item! I fired off an email last night to "corporate" (did you know it first goes to the store you made the complaint at?) when I wanted to purchase one 2 G Sandisk memory card for $9.99 and wanted to pay with 2 RR-one for $6 and one for $4 and still would have had to pay .69 for state sales tax.

Anyway,the new manager of my favorite store called me before 8 a.m. to respond to my email and to say she didn't want to lose my business. I understand Company Policy but what I don't understand is why CVS' ECB are treated just like cash (which they should be) but yet not Wags' RR??? She explained it had to with a contract with the manufacturer but why would Wags be different than CVS??? Same type of customer rewards program yet different results. I paid cash to purchase the items for RR and therefore the RR should be treated the same. That's the way I see it anyway. It's not like I was asking for cash back...I still owed money for my purchase! Not only that but I passed a CVS and thought to stop in there for the memory card but knew I had the RR to cover my purchase.

I still have around $6 RR from shopping last week but I am so disgusted with Walgreen's that I don't know how much I will shop there anymore. I used to stop in a Wags at least once a week.

At Walgreens you can use 1 manuf coupon and 1 wags coupon per item, RR's are considered manuf coupons. You can just find a 25 cent pack of gum (or box of pudding or roll of tape... whatever they have on sale this week) and then you would have 2 items so you could use 2 RR's. People call them "fillers" in order to use multiple RR's.

CVS isn't any different except that CVS bucks are considered CVS coupons instead of manuf coupons, but you can still only use 1 cvs coupon and 1 manuf coupon per item. You cannot use 2 bucks and only buy 1 item at cvs, you would need a filler there too.

CVS isn't any different except that CVS bucks are considered CVS coupons instead of manuf coupons, but you can still only use 1 cvs coupon and 1 manuf coupon per item. You cannot use 2 bucks and only buy 1 item at cvs, you would need a filler there too.

Actually, that is incorrect. You can buy one item and use five ECB's of different amounts to pay for that one item. If you have a $10 item, you could use a $6 ECB and a $4 ECB at the same time.

Came across a deal while at Wal-Greens. The Glade plug in with the fans were $5.99 with a $2 R/R making it $3.99, plus I had a $3.00 of coupon. So I paid $2.99 plus had a $2 R/R coupon. I opened the box cause I saw another coupon it it. It happened to be for another FREE Glade pluge in with fan. I picked up another one for free and I was given another $2 R/R coupon. Total cost $2.99 for 2 units and $4 R/R which I used to get somethin else. Not a bad deal. Anyway look in these units and see if you see a coupon with something on it that says FREE. The other unit just had a $1 off coupon for a Glade refill. Great deal if you can find any.

Actually, that is incorrect. You can buy one item and use five ECB's of different amounts to pay for that one item. If you have a $10 item, you could use a $6 ECB and a $4 ECB at the same time.

You know,that's what I thought too as it happened to me once at CVS. I had a very friendly young man cashier and maybe he just didn't know what he was doing but he told me ECB was just like cash and I could use them for anything (I paid for one item with 2 ECB). I appreciate Rockford Mom's explanation also-it just may be a case of YMMV.

I know that today only, WFAN is being promoted for free shipping via Walgreens Facebook fan page.

The fine print...

Offer valid for up to 5 uses per account from 8:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. CST on December 7, 2009. Eligible products are those marked as FREE shipping eligible or Ships for FREE. No minimum purchase necessary. Offer applies to free standard shipping only and does not apply to pharmacy or photo orders, or to orders shipping to Hawaii, Alaska and American territories. All other shipping policies still apply. Orders must be placed by logged-in customer on December 7, 2009 between 8:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Central Time to qualify. Timing will be determined by Walgreens server clock. Offer valid online only.

• 3 weeks later...

If you still have your 10/25 Red Plum Sunday Inserts...don't throw them away!

Walgreens is having a sale on Bayer Contour and Breeze Meters. $14.99 each. :shock:

There are coupons in that insert for up to $30 off one of these meters. If you buy two meters in one transaction, it prints $13 in RR. $5 for each of the meters, and $3 for buying two in one transaction. You will need a coupon for each meter.

I will admit, all the Walgreens personel I had tonight were thoroughly confused and I even got jipped on $3 worth of rewards. Make sure they ring both of them up together or it will not work.

Tonight I went to three different Walgreens, and got 10 meters,5 or 6 transactions for $0 out of pocket and ended up with around 72 dollars in register rewards...not sure how that worked out:confused:, but I am not complaining. I will use those rewards toward baby stuff!! :eyepoppin