Teachers what do you want

allshoppedout

If they are a coffee drinker, I give them a few different flavored coffees (that run through the coffee machine) that I get from the grocery store. One of the teachers has a coffee pot in the room and LOVES them. I have him for the second year for my second dd and he's getting it again. ;)

I live in a very poor school district where all my gifts from the children are from the Dollar Tree. Personnaly I like the Dollar Tree Items! They have teacher supplies: bulletin board sets, award certificates, pencils, erasers, etc. I am easy to please!

Keep in mind the teachers always buy gifts for the children at Christmas. Ask your child's teacher if he/she would be willing to accept a donation towards the gifts. Ask if you could help wrap the children's presents. Volunteering your time is a great present if it does not interfere with your work schedule!!

Thought I'd pop in and thank you all again, who left suggestions and ideas on this thread.

I can tell you that we bought and delivered one present to DS's former teacher. We got her a very pretty decorated snowman plate--she can do whatever she wants with it. Use it for food, or display in a curio (the paint is safe).

She is recently divorced and to be honest I was thinking that it would be nice for her to have a plate to serve something on, or to take to a party that wasn't connected to her ex/their relationship--if that makes any sense. I am not divorced but I think if I were that'd be something I would like.

I wanted to give her a gift that was unique and that would make her think of my son--not any other student she ever had. She did not open it when we were there, she was busy, but I hope she likes it.

I'll let you know... now to finish up all the others... :D

I'm a teacher (Middle School, 24+ years) and my favorite gifts are things that I can use for my classroom, things that make my life easier, ie gift cards for Staples, Target, WalMart, or GC for dinner, so I don't have to cook after taking care of 160 kids all days.

I'm a mom too, and my son will take GC to his favorite teachers, as well as homemade Pumpkin chocolate chip bread or mini cheesecakes.

I know it was brought up about teachers not eating homemade items and I think it is up to the individual teacher. We are with the kids all year, so we know how "hygenic" they are,etc. If there is any doubt in my mind, it goes in the trash when I get home. If it makes it to the dessert tray, hubby takes care of it for me!

I just finished up with my childrens teachers. Because I am at the schools volunteering quite a bit, I have made small talk with them since the beginning of the year. I have brought up topics running across the board. This years theme for their gift baskets is "Favorite things." So, for DD's teacher she got DD hazelnut coffee, a bunch of the hazelnut creamers, chocolate, twizzlers, a big Paula Dean candle, 2 movies (bought BF), a gift card to a local movie theater, dipped chocolate spoons for her coffee, some little tiny samples of different coffees ($1 bin at Target) and a Paula Dean cookbook. DS's teacher is getting a basket with tons of dark chocolate, lots and lots of gum, her favorite scented candle, 2 movies, fortune cookies (she loves them), hot chocolate mix, a gift card to Olive Garden, and a gift card to the Dollar Tree for classroom supplies. It hasn't been bad money wise, because as I found out something they specifically liked I have picked it up a little at a time. I am hoping they will like the baskets, since it is full of the stuff they mentioned that was their favorite. The ladies that work in the office at the schools are sugar-a-holics so they are getting cookies, and a snickerdoodle bundt cake. I know they will eat them. And I search all year for nice serving platters and such, so then the girls in the office will each get to take home a nice serving platter when the snacks are gone. Edited by Mommax3

I just finished up with my childrens teachers. Because I am at the schools volunteering quite a bit, I have made small talk with them since the beginning of the year. I have brought up topics running across the board. This years theme for their gift baskets is "Favorite things." So, for DD's teacher she got DD hazelnut coffee, a bunch of the hazelnut creamers, chocolate, twizzlers, a big Paula Dean candle, 2 movies (bought BF), a gift card to a local movie theater, dipped chocolate spoons for her coffee, some little tiny samples of different coffees ($1 bin at Target) and a Paula Dean cookbook. DS's teacher is getting a basket with tons of dark chocolate, lots and lots of gum, her favorite scented candle, 2 movies, fortune cookies (she loves them), hot chocolate mix, a gift card to Olive Garden, and a gift card to the Dollar Tree for classroom supplies. It has been bad money wise, because as I found out something they specifically liked I have picked it up a little at a time. I am hoping they will like the baskets, since it is full of the stuff they mentioned that was their favorite. The ladies that work in the office at the schools are sugar-a-holics so they are getting cookies, and a snickerdoodle bundt cake. I know they will eat them. And I search all year for nice serving platters and such, so then the girls in the office will each get to take home a nice serving platter when the snacks are gone.

WOW that is A TON of stuff, I am sure they will like them :yup: since you made it a point to find out what they like ahead of time.

We always gave the teachers at school a pile of coordinated paper plates (holiday design) in two sizes, matching paper napkins, a menu and a gift certificate from a local pizzeria or similar restaurant...

in the hectic days around the holidays, what's better than a no-fuss, no-clean-up dinner for the teacher's family?

Our kids' teachers always seemed appreciative!

We make silver and crystal bracelets and necklaces for my daughter's teachers every year. Her teacher, the librarian and the EA all cried last year. It was so sweet. They sell for $30+ each, but we're able to make them for just a few dollars (at most). This year we're also making matching silver bookmarks - crystals and a pendant hanging from the top.

Would love to have the directions on making the bookmarks - is it something you buy and add to it or make it totally from scratch. I am always looking for nice bookmarks to give with books and can never find any nice ones.

What do yall think about the soap and lotion sets at BBW as gifts? I'm also considering giving a nice stainless steel water bottle...? DD has 7 teachers and I'm trying to keep it to 15-20 each.

That is a lot of teachers. You could always buy a tray of cookies and hot cocoa/coffees etc. and put them in the breakroom for the teachers and aides.

That is a lot of teachers. You could always buy a tray of cookies and hot cocoa/coffees etc. and put them in the breakroom for the teachers and aides.

DD is in 5th grade and they switch classes so she has 4 subject teachers, her G&T teacher, piano teacher, and art studio teacher. I ended up getting 6 of the BBW lotion and soap sets and 1 anti-bac 4 pack (+ a free item). Thanks to coupons and the very nice salespeople at BBW, they all cost me only around $70. :-)

DD is in 5th grade and they switch classes so she has 4 subject teachers, her G&T teacher, piano teacher, and art studio teacher. I ended up getting 6 of the BBW lotion and soap sets and 1 anti-bac 4 pack (+ a free item). Thanks to coupons and the very nice salespeople at BBW, they all cost me only around $70. :-)

dss is in 5th grade too and maybe i am cheap, but i only buy for the home room teacher......now next year going into 6th grade (middle school here) i am going to pick up the anti-bac minis when they are on sale at BBW and attach a candy cane or something similar to each one and let him hand them out to all his teachers.......i remeber when i was in middle school no one really gave the teachers anything except maybe some candy or something.

Edited by amberjobryant

Alot of you said GC, what amount? What is too much, what is too less? I don't want to offend my ds's teacher.

I've done GCs in the past when DD had only 1 teacher. I usually gave between $25 and $50, depending on how much I liked the teacher.

we've already made and delivered gifts (got a thank you note already, too)

we had baskets for the kids main teachers, plus on for the behavioral support people... they were filled w/ BBW soap and anti-bac, school supplies, chocolate, and more. The baskets were from the dollar store. the school supplies were from staples sales, and the BBW was all from sales :)

We decided to give hannukah gifts. why not?

Alot of you said GC, what amount? What is too much, what is too less? I don't want to offend my ds's teacher.

I purchased (2) $25 gift cards for both my DD K & 2nd grade teachers..I put them in a gift card holder and gave them to hand written notes by both my DDs. Although I adore them both that was all I could afford...The cards were both for Starbucks as they both love coffee..so I figured that would give them a few fraps!

I gave my son's teacher (he's in first grade) a large Yankee Candle that I bought in a little bag, with a miniloaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and a $10 Subway GC, since there is a Subway near his school and she can scoot over there to grab a sandwich for lunch a couple of times, or take home a couple for her and her new husband for dinner. Not having to cook after a long day at school is one of life's little pleasures for a teacher!