Can YOU help?

georgiapeach717

I hope this is ok to post here but...

VERIFIED IT VIA SNOPES!

A 5 yr old little boy named Noah is in the last stages of Nueroblastoma cancer (2 1/2 yr battle). The family is celebrating Christmas next week, and Noah's request is to get a lot of Christmas cards. Lets send the little guy some: Noah Biorkman, 1141 Fountain View Circle, South Lyon, MI 48178. Lets see how many cards we can get him! Pass it on!! (Verified it via snopes.com)

:(

I hope this is ok to post here but...

VERIFIED IT VIA SNOPES!

A 5 yr old little boy named Noah is in the last stages of Nueroblastoma cancer (2 1/2 yr battle). The family is celebrating Christmas next week, and Noah's request is to get a lot of Christmas cards. Lets send the little guy some: Noah Biorkman, 1141 Fountain View Circle, South Lyon, MI 48178. Lets see how many cards we can get him! Pass it on!! (Verified it via snopes.com)

GP, thanks for posting about this family. :)

actually, I found another link on Snopes that said it is still pending..

I've gotten this about 100 times, and I checked back and my first email was the first of October. I hope it's true, and I hope that they get there, but there I can't find a record of that address or anyone with the parent's name in the state.

Ah, the power of social networking.

amyers I hope that the one that says "true" is in fact true on snopes. Either way My kids are going to make him one tonight and its going in the mail in the morning.

Thank you all for helping. My kids are 2.5 (when he started the battle) and 5 (his age where he is probably going to pass) and I cried when I read this. It just strikes me close to my heart. I know the feeling of losing a child and I still cant imagine this family's pain.

This is sooo sad... I know the family of an 8 yr old little girl in my hometown fighting this same disease, and it's beyond words what these kids and their families have to deal with.

By the way, there's a Care Page for Noah as well, with updates from his mom on how he's doing and how many cards and packages have arrived:

Care Page for Noah Biorkman

Edited by hopeky94
corrected name of Care Pages website

amyers I hope that the one that says "true" is in fact true on snopes. Either way My kids are going to make him one tonight and its going in the mail in the morning.

Thank you all for helping. My kids are 2.5 (when he started the battle) and 5 (his age where he is probably going to pass) and I cried when I read this. It just strikes me close to my heart. I know the feeling of losing a child and I still cant imagine this family's pain.

That's funny.. I would NEVER hope that it's true. I'd much rather see some jerk of a scammer than see another child dying of cancer.

The way this has circulated so far in such a short time has astounded me. I hope that social networking can be used for only good in this manner.

well you have me at a loss for words in my own defence amyers...i certainly did not mean that I hope a kid was dying. I would hope no one read it that way, as I didnt even think of how it could have come across. Like I said, I know that pain and I still dont want to imagine this famiy's pain. :(

thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send a card or letter! ((hugs))

That's funny.. I would NEVER hope that it's true. I'd much rather see some jerk of a scammer than see another child dying of cancer.

The way this has circulated so far in such a short time has astounded me. I hope that social networking can be used for only good in this manner.

I think gp may have meant that she hopes no one would LIE about their child being on their death bed just to get cards for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please send this little boy a Christmas card as he hopes to collect one million for his last Christmas...

Nathan Elfrink

2415 Taylor Blair Road

West Jefferson OH 43162

I received this email today ...a link to the news story is also included.

My long time childhood friend has a very special 7 year old son (Nathan) that is losing his battle with brain cancer and the family has made the decision to not pursue further treatment. This will be his last Christmas and he has one wish ~ to collect a million Christmas cards. Spoken like a true 7 year old boy. Though he may not collect a million, a lot to him will seem like a million. If you would like help make Nathan’s Christmas wish come true, please consider sending a card. I know this will mean a lot to him, as well as his family. Thanks and many blessing to you all.

http://www.columbusmessenger.com/NC/0/7519.html

Edited by missyjane

So sad.....

This was posted on my SIL's facebook page. I am going to find out if it is someone she knows as I cannot find anything online about it. I am going to send a card to both!!!

A little boy 4 1/2 years old named Jacob Hancock, has terminal cancer. He was asked what he would like for Christmas. He said a million Christmas cards. Imagine that? That's all he wanted. Please send him one: Jacob Hancock 127 North Street Mexico, NY 13114 This is the reason for the season - to shine a light into someone's life.