Walmart and Price-Matching & Price-Adjusting

MrZone

My local stores says you have to have the sales ad with you, if it is for a non gracey item. And it has to be the Exact item, and with in 50 miles. ( for BF they will PM with the ad, for the exact item, andif it is a doorbuster you have to be there at walmart buying it at the same time the other store if offering it.)

Just called my store....they don't know anything...:yuck::no:

I think I might try it worse comes to worse I return them and rebuy them...LoL :yup:

I quoted this because I am still uncertain if I should try to buy stuff at Walmart today.

I have read and re-read nearly every post on this thread...because the add is scanned I am feeling UNSURE if some things are 5-11 sale or not.....

I see it'll say 5-11 on one side and not the other......and the border is often green at one top of a page and red on the other. ....

So let me see if I buy things that say 5-11....then I cannot adjust them on BF right?

Or should I take a chance?

I have a question. I am new to the whole blackfriday thing. I plan on buying the 50" plasma for 598 from Wal-Mart on blackfriday. I was wondering. Is it possible to go buy that now, and then sometime on blackfriday go into the store and get the price adjusted to the sale price? Please...someone help if anyone knows.

Thank you so much!

-Brandon

I don't think that is gonna work bro. The 50" Sanyo Plasma TV model currently in the store is model number: DP50749. The model number of the 50" Sanyo Plasma in the BF ad is: DP50719. WalMart is known for using unique model numbers on doorbuster items to prevent price matching and price adjustments.

Does anyone know if Walmart will PM if there is a rebate involved??

EX:

Kohl's will have the Magic Bullet on BF for $39.99 AFTER $20 Kohl's MIR. Walmart has it priced at $47 (regular price). Would I be able to buy it for $39.99 from Walmart? (I would just prefer not to have to do a MIR and I don't really want to go to Kohl's on BF)

TIA

Does anyone know if Walmart will PM if there is a rebate involved??

EX:

Kohl's will have the Magic Bullet on BF for $39.99 AFTER $20 Kohl's MIR. Walmart has it priced at $47 (regular price). Would I be able to buy it for $39.99 from Walmart? (I would just prefer not to have to do a MIR and I don't really want to go to Kohl's on BF)

TIA

Usually not. Rebates are usually not matched, but the price before the rebate can be matched.

at the store i went to at the chechout line they said that they couldnt price match until later in the day which was a little ridiculous with the line set up they had the lady in front of me said forget it and left the price matching stuff instead

I was able to use the HEB ad for 169.00 for the ipod touch this morning...after a nightmare in electronics. Luckily i was first in line at 12:45am.....but OMG....NEVER AGAIN. Our walmart really dropped the ball this year....everyone and everything was so disorganized.....there was no control.....no communication...and basically the employees were rude, disrespectful..and plain oblivious to any information on WHERE things were in the store....I could go on and on. It was ridiculous. But we got all we needed and I'm glad its over.

I was able to price match at Wal Mart with no issue this morning. I had all my ads with me, and they gave me the Tinker Bell movie for $13 as advertised in the Target paper.

It was the first year I did not have a hassle with price matching there. Best Buy on the other hand, that is another story!

I quickly skimmed over this thread but didn't see any answer to my question. Can anyone tell me if Walmart price matches on "buy one get one 50% off" items. I see they don't on buy one get one free but is that the same? Thanks in advance!

nope I don't think they will. They won't pm anything bogo and neither will they pm anything % off.

Walmart will price match price to price. Walmart considers BOGO and % off ads "gimmicks". However, what our store manager tells cashiers to tell customers is this, "Figure out what the percent off of their regular price is and if we are higher then we will match it. More than most, with their percent5 off ads, our price is usually lower." I have never seen our store match BOGO ads. Albertsons in our area was famous for BOGO ads, but when you really broke it down, WMs regular prices were still lower than their sale prices. Numerous studies have shown that WM grocery prices were on average 7 to 9 percent lower than competitors. Sure, we get beat now and then, but we do price match! :)

I really hate to see people have bad experiences with WM. Just goes to show you, how management treats and passes information to associates. The BF plan ran fairly smoothly at our store. Although electronics got a bit crowded. Some management teams don't care about customers and it rubs off on associates.