Walmart and Price-Matching & Price-Adjusting

MrZone

yes, some WMs DO take stuff off the shelves so you can't price match...a few years ago I had to run up to WM on Thanksgiving night (cold meds for my ds), and I decided to gather the movies I wanted to pricematch and put them in one place so I wouldn't have to fight the crowds in the tiny area the movies are in...

BF morning, I get my movies from their hiding place and take them to the register to PM and a manager looked at them and looked at me and actually told me that I had the only ones in the entire store...funny since there were TONS of them just a few hours before and I was one of the very first people in the store that morning (another cashier told me that they had pulled them off the shelves just before they opened the doors)

what a bunch of crap. The Walmart I normally shop at relocated and is no longer near all the stores I shop at on BF. They moved about 7 minutes away. They still will honor PM though. The closest WM though will NOT honor PM on BF. Why do they have to be so dang difficult.

Do what you SAY!!!! Oh, and guy also told me he doen't know what time they will open or any other details of BF :rolleyes: Yea........I'm not a moron..... Soooo you mean to tell me you don't have any notice on when your store opens?? :rolleyes:

I hope you took names to protect yourself.

Thanks for the advice, I called back and got names. They will really hate me when I whip out my notepad spouting off names, dates, and times of when I called, who I spoke with, and what I was told. :tongue1: haha. It's all about saving a buck though!!

It seems to be all over their advertisements these days too that they will not be undersold. If you look at the scans it's on the front page. They are really going after the consumers this year it seems. Bring it on WALLYS!!!!

MrZone - Your last statement only applies if Walmart lowers their price within 7 days. Say you bought it on Thursday for $500, then on Sunday Walmarnt lowered THEIR price to $400--in that case you could bring your receipt in and they'd refund the difference.

That does not apply when you are wanting them to honor a competitors price. In order for them to honor a competitors price you MUST buy the item during the time that it is on sale at the competitor, if you bought in advance Walmart would not refund the difference. YOur only option would be to return and rebuy during the sale perion.

MrZone - Your last statement only applies if Walmart lowers their price within 7 days. Say you bought it on Thursday for $500, then on Sunday Walmarnt lowered THEIR price to $400--in that case you could bring your receipt in and they'd refund the difference.

That does not apply when you are wanting them to honor a competitors price. In order for them to honor a competitors price you MUST buy the item during the time that it is on sale at the competitor, if you bought in advance Walmart would not refund the difference. YOur only option would be to return and rebuy during the sale perion.

This is correct and incorrect at the same time (at least with my experience). I purchased a TV from WM and forgot to have them price match the TV. I went to the service desk of my local WM (not the one I purchased the TV from) with the ad. They went and refunded me my $100.01 for the difference without returning the TV. Basically, every WM will do things differently.

This is correct and incorrect at the same time (at least with my experience). I purchased a TV from WM and forgot to have them price match the TV. I went to the service desk of my local WM (not the one I purchased the TV from) with the ad. They went and refunded me my $100.01 for the difference without returning the TV. Basically, every WM will do things differently.

CIVI - I can completely understand what you are saying. I believe what you did was take it back still during the sale time and instead of the employees making you return it and then go through the line, they probably just did the return and repurchase on the same register at the same time, kind of like and exhange giving you the difference bac. This of course is less work for everybody and pretty much the same thing as returning and rebuying.

But, MrZone is talking about buying the TV at Walmart one week and then expecting them to give him the difference based on the competitors ad the next week. It doesn't work that way. He must purchase the TV at Walmart during the time period that it is on sale at the competitor.

My local Wal-Mart gave me the big thumbs down on price adjusting. I am hitting the sale tomorrow to buy a TV, but wanted to buy it today to ensure I got it. I asked if I could then bring in my recipet and get the sale price and they acted like I was Mayor of Crazytown.

My local Wal-Mart gave me the big thumbs down on price adjusting. I am hitting the sale tomorrow to buy a TV, but wanted to buy it today to ensure I got it. I asked if I could then bring in my recipet and get the sale price and they acted like I was Mayor of Crazytown.

I'm the village idiot of Crazytown. what a coincidence.

ok was at my local non super center aka non 24 hour store and I was told they are going to be opening Thursday and not closing till late Friday.. They are doing tickets and pallets and spreading things out. They are price matching any physical ad you can get your hands on.

I price match at walmart ALL the time and have done so for every BF for years. The ONLY thing I think I have seen them remove from shelves was movies which I rarely need. however the PM for ANY ad I can get my hands on is GREAT since i live north of metro detriot by a long ways but can get the ads. they have stores down there I do not have. say what you will I LOVE my WM they treat me very well.. of coarse this is the closest store to me so im there nearly every other day..

Okay, this is going to sound bad... but I have never had a problem PMing at Walmart either. It is usually just on movies, but I think I also want that 9.99 electric griddle that Kohl's has on sale. I've found that if you go to a younger cashier, they never ask to see an ad and just take my word (not that I am trying to screw them over or anything!).

I've never had a problem price matching at Walmart either. They even price match groceries. The only thing my Walmart won't match a % off if the original price isn't on the ad or a B1G1 sale. I'm lucky enough to have 2 super Walmarts within 10 minutes either direction of me.

Okay, this is going to sound bad... but I have never had a problem PMing at Walmart either. It is usually just on movies, but I think I also want that 9.99 electric griddle that Kohl's has on sale. I've found that if you go to a younger cashier, they never ask to see an ad and just take my word (not that I am trying to screw them over or anything!).

o i ALWAYS look for the 19 yr old male...they could care less :P Heaven Bless the Meh-generation

I went to Wal*Mart yesterday to buy the new Killers CD/DVD. It was priced at $13.88.

I had my Target ad that had it priced at $11.98. I asked for a "Price Match".

The cashier said she would have to call Target and verify that they had it in stock.

A Dept. Mgr. heard the conversation and said, that that rule won't apply until Black Friday.

Until then, just verify the date on the ad, and that it is the same item.

So I got my "Price Match". I wonder if they are really going to do that?

My roommate has been a cashier at Wal*Mart for 6 years, is working starting at 3 A.M.

on Black Friday, and said she did not hear that.

I went to Wal*Mart yesterday to buy the new Killers CD/DVD. It was priced at $13.88.

I had my Target ad that had it priced at $11.98. I asked for a "Price Match".

The cashier said she would have to call Target and verify that they had it in stock.

A Dept. Mgr. heard the conversation and said, that that rule won't apply until Black Friday.

Until then, just verify the date on the ad, and that it is the same item.

So I got my "Price Match". I wonder if they are really going to do that?

My roommate has been a cashier at Wal*Mart for 6 years, is working starting at 3 A.M.

on Black Friday, and said she did not hear that.

That will cause a major problem I think. With as long as the checkout lines get and as busy as the stores they are trying to call are I can't see that being a quick process. I think the cashiers and managers will get an earful if that will be the policy.

Has anyone tried to price match on one of Walmarts bonus items? I was price matching a nerf item. The one at Walmart had a "bonus pack". The one with bonus had the same UPC as the non-bonus one, and the exact same price. I tried to price match, but the cashier told me "it wasn't the same thing".

its not a price match question but my questions was closed....

its a price adjusted question maybe you guys can help!!

Does anyone know If I purchased some items before Blackfriday if I can I bring them back and have them price adjusted if they go on sale Blackfriday, or even return them and buy them for the sale price?

its not a price match question but my questions was closed....

its a price adjusted question maybe you guys can help!!

Does anyone know If I purchased some items before Blackfriday if I can I bring them back and have them price adjusted if they go on sale Blackfriday, or even return them and buy them for the sale price?

most of Walmarts black friday items have special numbers there for it is useless to buy ahead of time,

Ok not big ticket stuff like TV's Im talking about xbox games and all will they refund a difference to me if they happen to go on sale :confused:

If the game has a blitz sticker on it it wont be the same.

Call local walmart and ask if they do that, I dont think they offer low price guarantee, they offer price match at time of purchase.

If the game has a blitz sticker on it it wont be the same.

Call local walmart and ask if they do that, I dont think they offer low price guarantee, they offer price match at time of purchase.

Just called my store....they don't know anything...:yuck::no:

I think I might try it worse comes to worse I return them and rebuy them...LoL :yup: