Walmart and Price-Matching & Price-Adjusting

MrZone

We did this last year with our LCD TV. Got the great Sears deal without having to fight for one....just by Ad Matching at Wal-Mart.

I am going to guess they are going to do this again this year. They have this as an ongoing thing (printed on all their ads), so I don't see why they would change it this year. According to my husband it's their policy to price match (as long as the item is identical), and it doesn't matter if it's a special sale.

This subject comes up every year and everyone has a different experience and or outcome. what I would do is email WM and ask them in very detailed terms and see what they say. Once you get a response print out the email and then when you go do it on BF take it with you.

I would also talk to your local store manager and ask them as well. I have noticed that some district managers empower local managers to do what they feel so you may have one manager in Broken Bow, OK who will do a PA but a manager in Dallas, Texas wont.

I have been doing BF for many years so here is my friendly advice.

Not pricematch, but adjust. If so, I will be going to get that 599 Samsung that Sears is offering on BF.

If you are planning on getting the television at Walmart, that is called price matching. Price adjusting is when they will refund a difference if a price is lower at their store (some stores will do this for competitors).

If you plan to price match, the answer is yes. It is part of their corporate policy. However, each manager is able to discern the distance that they will price match.

Walmart does not price adjust, but you do have the option to return and rebuy. Because this is not a normal policy, they will not employ it for BF only.

Here is WM policy from the WM site.

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/7659.aspx

Price matching

Our goal is always to be the low price leader in every community where we operate. Our customers trust us to have every day low prices ... there's no need for "special sales."

Our unbeatable promise:

Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.

* We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.

* We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.

* We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.

* We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.

* We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.

* We do not honor Internet Pricing.

* We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.

I've seen a commercial twice today for the new, improved 'price match promise' at Wal-Mart. It says that they will match any competitor's ad (excluding online) and you don't even have to bring in the ad.

At a coupon class I gave the other day, a student said that their manager told her that there were no limits to the distance of PM'ing anymore, and it was going nationwide.

I'm not sure how this works with any store with no ad. Our stores keep local competitors ads on hand, but it would be nearly impossible to keep them all. I'm sure they aren't going to take your word for it.

I haven't receive a press release on it yet, and haven't been able to find one. We are near Bentonville, so I don't know if that has any effect on our promotions.

Good luck with the price match at walmart during Black friday, They are known for removing items from selves that others have so you cannot price match. The Walmart I shop at has done it three years running.

yeah - if the Office Max ad is correct I would be that no Walmart will have Snuggies on the shelves until that doorbuster time is over.

I just seen this commercial this morning, too.

I think it's great. I have lots of stores like Target, Kmart, etc right next to my Walmart, and have price matched things at Walmart with no problem, but could never price match things from TRU because they're further away than other stores. Hopefully this year TRU will have something good for me to price match.

Does anyone know if Walmart Ad matches on Black Friday?

Mine does - even doorbusters, however the PM must being during the hours that the store is open. So if I want to PM the snuggie from OM which doesn't open until 7 am I would need to wait until 7 am at Wal-Mart to purchase it there and price match.