Kid's Christmas Lists

misstaken

Both my kids are home recovering from swine flu and are bored stiff. I decided that today is the day for them to make out the Christmas lists. They are both busy scribbling down things in their little notebooks. So cute!

When did y'alls kids make out their lists?

Have they been asking for certain things all year?

What kinds of things are on their lists this year? (Maybe they can give my 11 year old dd some ideas..she's having a little trouble)

My DS 11 is asking for a new old PSP. His old one broke and doesn't want the new one that just came out so we are going to get him a new old one. I am also getting him a TV and DVD player. He isn't asking for it, but he needs an upgrade! LOL Other than that, he is asking for video games, movies, books, some toys (like Bakugan) and that's about it.

daughter (will be 2 3/4 on christmas) wants zhu zhu pets, baby doll stuff, and the princess cash register. everything else i am guessing on. LOL

my son (5 1/2) wants legos...which is my hardest to figure out..GI Joe stuff, a DS, the imaginex dragon tower thing, and about 400 other small items like action figures, and whatnot.

My kids dont actually make out lists yet, but we have started the tradition of circling things in the TRU big toy book to help. :)

My kids have been asking for things since the end of summer. That's when I would say, "put it on your list."

They officially started last month, and we have them all typed up (easier for me to keep track of). I actually put a deadline on them for Halloween. By then, they pretty much know what they want.

My kids are still quite a big younger than yours (DD6 and DS4).

DD6 wants Chrissa (the American Girl Doll), a few Webkinz, and lots of Barbie stuff

DS4 wants a Trio set, a few webkinz, Geotrax, and a few Cars cars

We started thinking about lists last month. One of our traditions is for me to give both my kids there own TRU Big Book and a marker! After they have figured out what they want I go through and figure out what I want them to have ;) then I save pics off the web and make a folder on my computer (that they won't find) and name each pic with the name of the toy, where to buy and how much it is. When it comes time to go shopping I just print it out! I usually do this for my MIL also so she has a visual of what the kids want so she can actually find them! ;):)

My boys have pretty much finalized their lists. As Christmas comes closer, I keep hearing certain things that are higher on the list than others. I will buy those things first, and if I have the time and money, get the other things. We have:

DS Logan (7)

Wii

Ultimate Alliance 2 for Wii

Bakugan - figures, storage case, Battle Arena

Animal books and Figures

Star Wars Movies

Spongebob Laptop

ToyStory Play World

Zhu Zhu Pets

2009 Hess Truck

DS Joshua (6)

Wii

Super Mario Baseball for Wii

Bakugan - Figures, Storage Case, Battle Arena

Imaginext Batcave

A Football

Legos

Starwars Action Figures

Spongebob Laptop

Zhu Zhu Pets

2009 Hess Truck

My DS 11 is asking for a new old PSP. His old one broke and doesn't want the new one that just came out so we are going to get him a new old one. I am also getting him a TV and DVD player. He isn't asking for it, but he needs an upgrade! LOL Other than that, he is asking for video games, movies, books, some toys (like Bakugan) and that's about it.

The screen got broken on ds7's PSP. We're trying to decide if we should try to replace the screen or just buy him a new one. It was dh's fault, but I'm afraid to spend $50 or more on the screen and not be able to figure it out;)

DS19 let us know a long time ago what he wants! LOL!!

DS7 has only told us he wants the Yellow Hamster and the Brown Hamster (Zhu Zhu) so far. I'm sure he'll tell us more soon ;)

Edited by guilliam

Anyone who has read the odd gift request thread I started will know that, among other things, DD6 has requested a book on the human brain, a jar of pickles and a feather duster. Since the last post she has come up with a full page of things - though one has been crossed off as she chose a pair of pompoms for 40 cents at a thrift store sale instead of $5 brand new at Meijer. :D

DS8, on the other hand, has a much smaller and simpler list: Play Doh, Sorry board game, sidewalk chalk in the shape of a bowling ball and pins, and memory cards for his new PS2 among other things. He should be quite easy to shop for :)

DD6 likes everything she see too. However, these are the things she keeps mentioning and showing me so I have written them down.

Digital Camera (pink)

Barbie with dolphins

Barbie with bike

Polly Pockets

Scrabble Junior

Paperronis

puzzles

A really big box of crayons

Groovy girl dolls

Patch the Pirate CDS

Our generation Doll with book

doll clothes and shoes

Books

I have been asking for a list from the other kids (ages 25-18) but so far I only have a few ideas. Our rule is if you put it on the list you can not buy if for yourself after Thanksgiving.

I carry a small notebook in my purse. When shopping with dgd, 10 yrs old, from Jan to July everything she wants goes on her birthday list in the notebook. From July to December things go on the Christmas list. She is a very content child and rarely sees things she wants so I am happy to keep a list for her.

So far she has 2 ds games Scooby Doo and Ninjas, a Wii Resort game and a Webkins on her list.

Both my kids are home recovering from swine flu and are bored stiff. I decided that today is the day for them to make out the Christmas lists. They are both busy scribbling down things in their little notebooks. So cute!

When did y'alls kids make out their lists?

Have they been asking for certain things all year?

What kinds of things are on their lists this year? (Maybe they can give my 11 year old dd some ideas..she's having a little trouble)

My DD11 is asking for another studded belt and studded bracelet. Along with clothes from Justice, Aeropostale and Hollister. She has asked for the DS game Imagine Detective. I also got her the video camera from Dell. I am thinking of upgrading her to a DSi, but not sure about that yet. We may be getting her and DS 13 (14 in December) a pool table/air hockey table for the basement and if a really deal comes up upgrading their TV in the gameroom to get the old one off the floor. That is only if we see a deal we cant refuse.

My kiddos have been looking at the Toys R Us catalog but I'm finished shopping and all the presents are wrapped, labeled, and packed away until Christmas Eve. It feels great to have it ready to go! This way, I can actually enjoy the holidays w/o stressing. :)

We started thinking about lists last month. One of our traditions is for me to give both my kids there own TRU Big Book and a marker! After they have figured out what they want I go through and figure out what I want them to have ;) then I save pics off the web and make a folder on my computer (that they won't find) and name each pic with the name of the toy, where to buy and how much it is. When it comes time to go shopping I just print it out! I usually do this for my MIL also so she has a visual of what the kids want so she can actually find them! ;):)

This is brilliant, you don't mind me stealing your method right? ;)

My rule is that my children have to tell me what they want by the 20th of October. They each make their own lists and then give them to me. They also make a separate list for what they want grandparents and other family members to get for them, this way we have a "Santa" list only and then a "family" list only.

DD 15:

Wii

Wii skin (Rebel Flag)

A long list of games for Wii and accessories

HDTV

DD13:

Laptop

Gift Cards: Aeropostle, Claires, American Eagle and Pac Sun

Purity Ring

DS12:

PS3

Long list of games and accessories

Metallica necklace

30 Seconds to Mars dog tags

We are also taking them on a 7-day Cruise the week of Thanksgiving that is considered to be part of their Christmas as well, but this means that I will miss Black Friday :(....hoping some family will help me out!!!

At our house we keep a running list of "wants" on the side of the fridge and add things to it all year long. My 10 yo DD's consists of a laptop and random ds games, but she keeps saving her allowance and buying them herself so they get crossed off the list:yup: Her birthday is just before Christmas and she will be getting a laptop and for Christmas we will be getting a 32 inch flat screen for her room along with a dvd player.

My DS(5) has consitantly asked for Bakugans (two please! HOW CUTE:)), and a bike. He asked for a REAL 4-wheeler and I had to tell him that Santa can't haul those on his sleigh...and he let it go...dodged that one this year.

He also does random "I want that!" during commercials, but nothing else has really stuck.

He is nuts about those Nerf guns but I've been saying :gdno: for a long time, so maybe I'll pick one of those up too. Other than that, he'll probably get some movies and wii games.

DD11

netbook

Liv doll

clock for her ipod

ugg boots (big maybe)

gift cards: hollister, abercrombie, claire's, itunes

DD7

(this one has low functioning autism so her toys are "younger")

zhu zhu's - all 4 hamsters and the playhouse

play kitchen

american girl doll knockoff from walmart or target

board games

I need to start thinking about stocking stuffers too.

My boys are 11 (twins) and my dd is 3. One of my boys says he wants a camera and a laptop if I can find a good deal...:D The other wants good hunting clothes and maybe some decorations for his room. But we'll see if that holds true....

My dd sees an ad on TV and wants everything...lol But I think she really wants a new kitchen. Hers is just one of the cheap ones that we bought last year just to see if she would play with it. She also says she wants a train table...but, I know that she will only get one of these.

I think we are going to get a trampoline because that is something that all 3 of them would like.

daughter (will be 2 3/4 on christmas) wants zhu zhu pets, baby doll stuff, and the princess cash register. everything else i am guessing on. LOL

my son (5 1/2) wants legos...which is my hardest to figure out..GI Joe stuff, a DS, the imaginex dragon tower thing, and about 400 other small items like action figures, and whatnot.

My kids dont actually make out lists yet, but we have started the tradition of circling things in the TRU big toy book to help. :)

Disney cash register is 50% off at TRU for their 2 day sale. I was in the store earlier today and they had about 10..I believe they are 16.99. Excellent deal.:yup:

We haven't really made lists yet my DD7 hasn't even really mentioned wanting much suprisingly and the things she has said have just been while the commercial is on so those don't count because she more than likely forgets about them within a few minutes. Haha

DD3 (soon-to-be 4yrs on 12/3!)

-pink fuzzy slippers

-play-doh ice cream parlor

-zhu zhu hamsters (got them!)

DD7

-?? I'm sure she'll want a zhu zhu so I picked her up one as well!

We're almost done with the lists. I take notes all year long and then hand out lists to family, informing them what Santa is bringing and what we are bringing. Everything else is fair game.

Santa is bringing:

DD - 7

BFC Doll and clothes

Razor scooter

Pillow Pet

Bed canopy

DS - almost 5

Razor Rip-Rider

Bakugan crap (he doesn't know even what to do with it, he just thinks it is cool)

Pillow Pet

Walkie Talkies

Santa is also bringing the entire family a basketball hoop.

Every year, I tell my oldest son (5 years old) to tell me the one thing he REALLY wants Santa to bring him, and I make sure to get that. Then, I just buy him a bunch of other stuff that I know that he would like.

This year, he told me that he wants Star Wars Legos, or the Space Police Legos. The youngest (2 years old) told me that he wanted a train set.

DS-8

New Bike

Wii Games

New DS with games

Mini Laptop

Every Bakugan toy and Lego set in the TRU Book

Drum Set

DD-7

Hair Chic Design Studio plus Accesories

New Bike

Motorized Marble Madness

8 in 1 combo gametable

MindFlex

Project Runway Kits

Harumike Style Sets

My Mebas Game

Password Journal

ICarly Dolls

Razor Casterboard Scooter

IPod

DS

Pink Guitar

DS-5

Everything on DS-8's list

Star Wars Gunship and Tank

Cars Race/Jump Speedway

GX racers

Guitar

Imaginarium Medival Castle

Playmobil Pyramid

Hungry Hungry Hippos game

Crayon Maker

DD-3

New Bike

Vet Kit Playset

Mickey Mouse Computer

Leapster 2- Pink with games

Glow Station

All in One Nursery

Tinkerbell Tea Kettle Playset

Disney Keyboard Vanity

Zhu Zhu Pets

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea where on this planet he thinks this is a $350 Christmas list! LMAO This is a good $1,000 list NOT even counting that phone! He just got the Instinct S30 so he has 1.5yrs to a new phone,lol.

Christmas list......only about $350 total

Nice Hollister hoodie

SOFT Flannel (sweet ones)

Hollister cologne

tony hawk ride (xbox)

ipod touch

GUMMY headphones good kind

COD MW2

left for dead 2 (xbox game)

new samsung moment (phone)

nike shoes (the ones you make online)

AE/Hollister jeans

cargo shorts

belt

under armour socks

under armour shirt(s)

34" flat screen tv

hollister/american eagle/aeropostale boxers

rechargeable batteries

xbox controller (corded)

xbox live GOLD membership

Please and thank you (:

Love,Bryce

BTW, it is a decent list....it is the amount that he thinks this stuff will all cost that makes me think he is nuts,lol.

Edited by jeninpa