Decorating - Too soon?

lilij

Our neighbor had Santa stop here signs out on Halloween. They put their lights and white Christmas tree in their front yard a few days after.

That baby/avatar is so precious. Aren't u glad to have a new one for Christmas??

Who needs decorations with her, huh :fluffy:

Edited by allshoppedout

Ok, I had to go buy new net lights....but :holiday16I put them all out today--it is 65 degrees here :eyepoppin and NO wind (better for allergy people)

Also lights on lamppost....no deer or anything sitting out--yet...

Maybe tomorrow or the next day.... I know the "heatwave" won't be around much longer.

As soon as I do put deer/characters out, DH is gonna be cranky, he doesn't like decorations out until December 1st but doesn't want to be the one to put stuff up in the cold, that is for sure....:worried:

Dh and I just finished all of the inside decorations including the tree!!! We need to get a few new outside lights this week so we can do those soon. The UPS man prolly thought I was crazy when I met him at the door in a santa hat.....forgot I had it on lol! I'm so ready for Christmas!

I got the living room and bathrooms done this weekend. Will go home tonight and finish up the kitchen and a couple of bedrooms. Hopefully by the weekend I will have everything finished. I am running late this year, lol. I usually have everything up and ready on Nov. 1st.

Even though I'm battling the flu, I got it in mind to get all of the decorations out to see what I have and what I need. I took everything into a spare room and checked all the strings of lights and all light-up decorations. I made a list of all I need to decorate like I want to this year. I know it sounds like I've done very little work, but we have lots of decorations, and I feel like I've accomplished a lot! =) Happy Decorating everyone! I'll begin putting up outdoor decorations the week of Thanksgiving and put up the indoor decorations Thanksgiving night and weekend! :) I'm really excited about decorating this year! I'm going all-out this year with lots of festive, rustic decorations :)

Yesterday, since it was 60 + degrees out and nooooo wind :holiday10 I did my outside decorations..

I got everything that I wanted out--but not everything we own...not putting as many things out to save on electric bill, but it will still be plenty festive

All that needs done is for DH figure out the extension cord menagerie like he does every year :yup:

So glad it is out of my hair--now to just get those empty boxes back into attic & out of sight.

Still holding off on the tree for another week :holiday08 but it's tough

I know I already posted in here, but I found out that my DF will be back next week only to leave again the Monday after Thanksgiving. He won't be back this time til Christmas. I told him the only thing I want him to do is hang the Christmas lights when he is here. I can't do it and can get our friend to help me get a tree, so he said ok. :) I told him I wouldn't turn them on til December 1 though.

I know I already posted in here, but I found out that my DF will be back next week only to leave again the Monday after Thanksgiving. He won't be back this time til Christmas. I told him the only thing I want him to do is hang the Christmas lights when he is here. I can't do it and can get our friend to help me get a tree, so he said ok. :) I told him I wouldn't turn them on til December 1 though.

That is great. :holiday10 No fun doing lights when you are expecting...

I decorate every year on November 1st.. I put up 3 full size Christmas trees {one of them being 12 foot!} and I dont think we have enough time to really enjoy it when its put up after Thanksgiving. I love it so much and we enjoy the house all decorated early :)

It takes me several days to do it... So I think you should :)

I put up a tree in my bedroom this morning. I'm going to try and get the tree up in my girls room today and have hubby at least get the stuff out of our basement so I can remember what all I've got. My goal is to have the inside of my house completely decorated by next weekend and do the outside the Sunday after turkey day.

I did get my outside lights hung today.Im having trouble putting up rest of outside decor as my neighbors still have pumpkins on their porches.They are gonna think i have lost my mind.

I know what you mean, the orange clashes with the red bows and garland :tongue1: but just squint or look the other way. I did my other stuff on Friday....and I justify it because I'll be inside warm and toasty when they are outside in another 7-10 days and it is 20 or more degrees cooler....

~Hubby did his "extension cord" strategy this afternoon and hooked everything up without tripping any breakers ;) so I'll probably light it all up NEXT Saturday or Sunday...

We put up all the outside decorations today:D

I envy you. :D I still have to go get some supplies from the weekend outlet to do all I want to do outside. You'd think me, the Christmas decoration hoarder, would have enough decorations to do ANYTHING. I've also got to wait for my new -used- Christmas tree to be delivered. Still need to dust and re-arrange some furniture before that one can go up. ;)

I did get my outside lights hung today.Im having trouble putting up rest of outside decor as my neighbors still have pumpkins on their porches.They are gonna think i have lost my mind.

LOL there definitely needs to be a rule set up. By November the pumpkins need to be out of sight. Those of us that are smart and do the decorating in the WARM don't like to see all that fall stuff when we're in a Christmas mood! lol. :D

I had some free time with no new BF ads to post this afternoon, so the outside lights are up :)

Better now than when it's 30 degrees colder :P

Mines going up today,I had a dog come and rip open a bag of trash that we normally just put on the porch untill "go to the dump day" so i gotta go pick up all the trash in the yard errr but its supposed to rain tommorow afternoon so the only free day i got is today! This was supposed to be done yesterday!!! i hate being behind.....well gotta go get to work! Lowes is gonna have the inflateables on sale on bf so ill prob have to get some since most of mine got blown to pieces in a bad wind storm last year but anyhooo ttyall later!