>>> Sears Black Friday Ad Posted <<<

Brad

Just went by Sears and they already have big bins and set ups for alot of the doorbusters - went to check out some of the iffy items I was unsure about in the ad

Btw, the down comforters felt and looked really nice

this is the problem I have had with them in the past, come BF morning they will not have any stock left because they have it on the floor now, I stood in line there one year and was like 6th and could not get 90% of what I wanted because they where already out because it had been on the sales floor all month, total waist of time.

Anyone think the TV's will be a better deal at BB? I need to get one for DS and I think these are good prices. We have been looking for a bigger one ourselves too.

Not sure about BF, but there have been better deals on at least 2 sets on this ad so far this year. I have been looking at the Sony KDL-46V5100 and Samsung LN46B650 since April with plans for BF. Here is what I've found:

The Sony KDL46V5100 is priced at $1239 for Sears BF. It was $1199 on October 10th at BB. It is only $100 off the average price throwing out the high and low. It's been $1299 most of the year at BB, Fry's, CC and Sears. And it is $1299 right now at Sears.

The Samsung LN46B650 is posted at $1309 on BF. The low of the year was $998 at BrandsMart on August 27th. The high is the MSRP of $1999 a couple times during the year....including the first week of the NFL season. The current price is $1449 at all the stores I track.

So for me, these two need to be lower than the best price in the middle of August and October for me to make a move.

just a word to the wise: the PDFs are usually always still there, even if the link to them isn't.... ;) just change the filename in the URL to the store that was "taken down" and they are probably going to be there unless the lawyers are really smart :D

Oh. Thanks for the tip, got it! ;)

this is the problem I have had with them in the past, come BF morning they will not have any stock left because they have it on the floor now, I stood in line there one year and was like 6th and could not get 90% of what I wanted because they where already out because it had been on the sales floor all month, total waist of time.

If you go on Friends and Family (a sunday about two weeks before BF), most the deals are on then and you can get it ahead of time

I actually got Lowes to price match at front loader washer/dryer set that Sears had advertised in a BF ad 3 days before the sale. So I didn't even have to go to Lowes on BF and got the deal early, had to wait a month to get them in the stores (we ordered 2 sets, one for us and one for MIL) but that was fine with me. Didn't have to wait on BF to order them!! Always a plus!

DramaQueenLucy, I purchased the Kenmore Elite last year. I read all the reviews but decided to take a chance. The washer and dryer run fantastic. I have not had any issues at all and it has cut my laundry time in half. I was careful to do the following:

- put hockey pucks under the legs on each side. It help absorb vibration. My laundry is on the second florr of my house, no vibrations and it is quiet.

- after washing a keep the door ajar just a little to prevent any musty smells that front loads often get. I have not hade a problem.

Good luck

I love love love my Kenmore Elite front loader washer and dryer. Haven't had one problem in the 2 years I have owned them. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

Don't forget, when price matching at sears they only give back 10% of the difference not of the purchase price

I read Sear's price match policy just now it says they won't do it on sales that last lest than six hours and I think it also said something about BF. Anyone price matched on that day?:cheesy:

Here is the Price Match Policy for Sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSpricematch

(Rev. 11/02/08)

Retail Competitors

If you find a lower price on an identical branded item with the same features (in Home Electronics identical brand and model number) currently available for sale at another local competitor retail store, Sears will match that price plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just bring in the original advertisement to a sales associate at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase.

Online Retail Competitors

If you find a lower online price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item with the same features (in Home Electronics identical brand and model number) currently available from a local competitor retail store honoring its own online price and the item is currently available for sale and delivery in your area, Sears will match that total price Plus, give you 10% of the difference. Just print the ordering page, including shipping, handling and delivery, and bring it to your Sears store at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase. If you are purchasing the item from sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form.

Sears Holdings

If you find a lower price on an identical item (brand and model number) currently available for sale and delivery in your area from another Sears Holdings retail format or website, Sears will match that price, but will not provide the additional 10% of the difference. All other rules for qualification apply.

Exclusions

Sears will not price match competitors' items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day, or offered for sale during the day after Thanksgiving. Sears will not price match competitors´ bonus or free offers, special offers, bundled offers, rebates, financing offers, coupons, clearance or closeout prices, or prices on used, damaged, returned, open box or display merchandise. Sears will not price match services. Sears will not match typographical errors or competitors' prices that result from a price match. Photo copies of advertisements or receipts will not be accepted as verification of competitor pricing.

Price Protection Policy

Buy with confidence from Sears. If an item you have purchased from Sears goes on sale for a lower price within 30 days of your purchase, Sears will refund the difference.

To claim a Price Protection Policy adjustment, go to your original Sears store where the purchase was made with your receipt. If your purchase was made on Sears.com, please fill out a Price Protection form. You will be given a refund for the difference of the original selling price and the current advertised/reduced price.

Apparel clearance merchandise does not qualify for Price Protection Policy adjustments.

Unless otherwise stated, promotions with a specific time window such as early open specials and one -day sales will be honored under the Price Protection policy only if the receipt is presented during the promotional time window. Deferred interest financing is not a price, and is not subject to the Price Protection Policy.

Price Match Plus FAQs

Q: Do you match limited quantity offers by local competitors?

A: No, our policy does not apply to local competitors' limited quantity offers.

Q: What if the local competitor’s item is not listed as being limited quantity, but the item is not in stock?

A: If a local competitor is out of stock of the particular item, we will not match the local competitor's price. “In stock” means that the item is available for same day pickup or a scheduled delivery by the competitor. We reserve the right to call the local competitor to verify if the item is in stock.

Q: Can I combine a price match with a separate promotion from Sears?

A: In order to determine if a price match is appropriate, Sears will determine the final Sears price by factoring in any sales, rebates or coupons and comparing that price to the local competitor’s price.

Q: Can special offers ( financing, delivery, installation, etc) at a competitor be price matched?

A: We only match a competitor’s price. We do not match a competitor’s financing or deferred interest offers, deliver or installation offers.

Q: Does Sears price match limited time promotions, such as early opening specials or doorbusters?

A: No, if the competitor’s promotion has a duration of less than 6 hours, it is excluded from our price match policy.

Q: Do you price match the day after Thanksgiving specials?

A: No, we no not match local competitor’s day after Thanksgiving special offers. These offers are typically limited in time and quantity.

Q: What proof is required to obtain a price match?

A: You are required to provide the competitor’s current advertisement. Photocopies will not be accepted. In addition, we may call the store to verify price and availability.

Q: What do you consider to be a local competitor’s retail store?

A: Local competitor’s retail store refers to a store that is in the same market and/or within a reasonable distance of our store.

Q: Are Sears services or protection agreements eligible for price matching?

A: Due to the differences in services being performed, Sears does not match competitors' service prices. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as delivery, installation, assembly and automotive. Sears does not price match protection agreements.

Q: Will Sears match its own prices?

A: Under the Sears Price Protection Policy, Sears will adjust a customer’s price if the item goes on sale up to 30 days after the initial purchase. See the Price Protection Policy for details

Q: How do you handle a price match if the Sears price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?

A: The Sears net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Sears will not apply if a price match is executed.

Q: Does Sears match prices of Internet retailers?

A: Sears will match prices of an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices. Sears will not match prices of Internet-only retailers. Web-exclusive prices are also exempt from price matching. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the local competitor's store. For purchases made online at Sears.com, please fill out a Price Match form.

Q: What does “identical item” mean in Home Electronics?

A: An “identical item” is a nationally branded product with the same model number. This item must be new and in-carton and include the same US warranty and same accessories as the Sears item.

Q: What are the other Sears Holdings formats?

A: Sears Holdings retail formats or websites include Sears, Sears Essentials, Sears Grand, Sears Hardware, Sears Dealer Stores, The Great Indoors, Kmart, Lands’ End, sears.com, kmart.com, Landsend.com, thegreatindoors.com. We do not price match merchandise from Sears Outlet Stores.

Q: What exclusions apply to the Sears Price Match Plus Policy?

A: Sears Price Match Plus Policy does not apply to parts, Sears Licensed partner websites, digital services, “Sears Presents” and Shop At Home catalogs. Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match any online prices.

Q: For Automotive tires what does “identical item with the same features” mean?

A: In Automotive Tires, identical item means same brand, model number and tire size.

Q: Does Sears match retail stores that require a membership?

A: Sears will match membership club stores. Customers must present their current membership card along with the proof of the price that is being matched. Sears does not price match military PX retail stores.

i posted in main thread but will add mention here. Through today the craftsman blower in BF ad will be $79.99 10 cheaper due to a rebate being offered in form of 20% sears gift card.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07179474000P?keyword=gas+blower

https://www.mysearsrebate.com/ohanapdfs/H090686.pdf

Edited by bigjimslade
spaced the links so they wont run into each other

"Exclusions

Sears will not price match competitors' items that are limited in quantity, offered for sale for less than six hours during a day, or offered for sale during the day after Thanksgiving."

They could at least price match even if they don't offer the 10% off the difference!

For anyone wanting the Samsung C10 and not wanting to deal with the black friday line or if you just need it before black friday for the holidays. Amazon has it onsale right now for $179 in the blue ONLY. I went ahead and ordered one last night because I wanted it for my birthday and Thanksgiving. This is a pretty good deal and yes Sears will have it SLIGHTLY cheaper but from my experience with Sears and BF they are usually sold out of a lot of the doorbusters (especially electronics) before the sale starts so with how little the difference is in the prices this may be worth checking out if you are wanting that camcorder.

Here is the Price Match Policy for Sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_12605_NB_CSpricematch

Good info, but beware. Last year, I grabbed a Sony Blu-ray ahead of time because I planned to be other places early on BF and figured the player was going to sell out fast. Anyway, I had the BF ad with me and explicitly asked the salesman if I could come back on BF and price-adjust. He said no problem. Well, it was a huge problem and the electronics manager nixed it when I went in, saying the policy printed on Sears.com was for their website, which she said was a different entity. I quietly walked across the store and found a salesman in the tool section that I knew and he did it. Bottom line, beware and proceed cautiously. I was pretty hot the way it went down.

Another beware for anyone interested in price matching the Samsung washer/dryer pair at Lowes.. I posted this in the Washer/dryer discussion..

It seems like Samsung and Lowes and Sears are all covering their butts this year. Lowes carries the DV209AEW and WF209ANW. Sears carries the DV219AEW and WF219ANW. These are exactly the same, but legally they can say that they are different models so they don't have to price match. If you go to Samsung's website and try to do a comparison on these two models, it won't let you ad both of them to the comparison cart, because it says it's already in the cart. Though it's a different model number.

I'm sure that Lowes will end up price matching them again, but you might want to verify that they will BEFORE black friday just to be sure..

Good info, but beware. Last year, I grabbed a Sony Blu-ray ahead of time because I planned to be other places early on BF and figured the player was going to sell out fast. Anyway, I had the BF ad with me and explicitly asked the salesman if I could come back on BF and price-adjust. He said no problem. Well, it was a huge problem and the electronics manager nixed it when I went in, saying the policy printed on Sears.com was for their website, which she said was a different entity. I quietly walked across the store and found a salesman in the tool section that I knew and he did it. Bottom line, beware and proceed cautiously. I was pretty hot the way it went down.

I was able to purchase the Sony Blu ray last year on Wednesday and then took my receipt in on Friday and got it price adjusted. I also did it on the worklight and the deep fryer that they had.

So if I am reading their policy correctly, I could purchase the Washer/dryer today and go back on BF and get the price adjusment. It looks like they have a 30 day window for price adjustment. THat seems easier than purchaseing on BF either there or trying to price match at Lowes. Right!?

So if I am reading their policy correctly, I could purchase the Washer/dryer today and go back on BF and get the price adjusment. It looks like they have a 30 day window for price adjustment. THat seems easier than purchaseing on BF either there or trying to price match at Lowes. Right!?

I hope this is right. I was eyeing up the french door refrigerator they have for 50% off on BF, reg. priced around $1,500, will be $750. Yesterday our fridge went out and the repair guy said it will be costly to fix it. I was hoping to buy it now and price adjust on BF.

For anyone wanting the Samsung C10 and not wanting to deal with the black friday line or if you just need it before black friday for the holidays. Amazon has it onsale right now for $179 in the blue ONLY. I went ahead and ordered one last night because I wanted it for my birthday and Thanksgiving. This is a pretty good deal and yes Sears will have it SLIGHTLY cheaper but from my experience with Sears and BF they are usually sold out of a lot of the doorbusters (especially electronics) before the sale starts so with how little the difference is in the prices this may be worth checking out if you are wanting that camcorder.

I had considered the C10, until I did comparison's with the Sony Handycam. My son didn't care as long as it was blue, but the Sony has many more features. I found it on Dell for 245 which is slightly less than Walmarrt, but I have a Dell coupon code for 15.00. and I'm going to see if it goes on sale then apply my coupon code, with free shipping also.

I talked to 2 different Sears locations today and they said that they received an email and they are NOT suppose to price adjust on BF. :( I am wondering if this is in print anywhere for the public? I wonder if we can print their policy and show them on BF that it says w/in 30 days of purchase they are suppose to refund the difference. If it's not posted anywhere that they won't then do they have to honor our request for the adjustment?

I had considered the C10, until I did comparison's with the Sony Handycam. My son didn't care as long as it was blue, but the Sony has many more features. I found it on Dell for 245 which is slightly less than Walmarrt, but I have a Dell coupon code for 15.00. and I'm going to see if it goes on sale then apply my coupon code, with free shipping also.

I got my C10 today in the mail from amazon and LOVE it. I am so glad to be able to have it in time for my dads familys thanksgiving this weekend too.

Wow, this is actually the first year I looked at their ad and thought 'I will definitely be going to Sears!' Mind you I never expect outrageous sales, but the prices on things I might be needing are pretty good.

It happened to me this way last year - actually, I was looking at 'protection system' jackets for kids. Last year they were top name brand, top quality winter coats with a jacket that zipped out. Needless to say, I picked up one for each of my kids at 12.99 vs. the regular prices of 50.00+. I see them have them listed for 12.99 again this year. When I went to Sears last year, it was a good 2+ hours after they opened for BF and they still had a decent selection.

It happened to me this way last year - actually, I was looking at 'protection system' jackets for kids. Last year they were top name brand, top quality winter coats with a jacket that zipped out. Needless to say, I picked up one for each of my kids at 12.99 vs. the regular prices of 50.00+. I see them have them listed for 12.99 again this year. When I went to Sears last year, it was a good 2+ hours after they opened for BF and they still had a decent selection.

That was me too last year only it was the baby layettes they had on sale. They had racks of Winnie they Pooh ones and they were regular $19 and they were on sale for $4-$6 depending on which layette. They were great for me to get my best friends baby boy for christmas. I always find somthing at Sears on Black Friday.

Can someone please help me confirm if Sears is giving another 10% off on appliances if you use your Sears credit card on BF. I thought I read that somewhere but now I can't find it. I have found:

During door buster hrs. save 25% on all Kenmore Elite appliances.

Reg. hrs. save 20% on Kenmore and Kenmore Elite appliances.

Save 15% on non Kenmore appliances.

I also read that during the F&F sale save an extra 10% off VIP but need to know about BF w/the Sears credit card.:confused: