>>> Sears Black Friday Ad Posted <<<

Brad

:cheesy:

Try to order it on Thanksgiving Day!nI missed the 599 set last year but got the Samsung was a much better buy. Downside Sears sold out and had to wait two months for delivery.

oooooo - I might try that w/the Samsung set - I can wait for delivery, I just need it before May!

oooooo - I might try that w/the Samsung set - I can wait for delivery, I just need it before May!

Listen, if you want the Samsung Washer/Dryer set do it the smart way. Take the Sears ad with you to Lowes on BF.. Lowes will price match it. Last year Lowes dropped the price on the set on BF to match Sears price (so they wouldn't have to add the extra 10% that they guarantee), so I'm sure they will do the same thing this year. Not many people will be waiting at Lowes for this deal, since it won't be advertised in their BF ad. Plus the line at Lowes is usually not very big anyway..

But if at all possible plan on taking the set with you that day... Don't rely on them to deliver, because what will probably happen is that they will sell all the sets, and send some home with customers, only to run out before your delivery. That's when you will end up waiting for months..

We bought the Samsung set last year. We are very happy with our purchase, as the set has not let us down. We stacked the pair, giving us much more space in the laundry room.

Last year, we went into Sears the Wed before BF and chatted up the sales clerk. After making some complimentary small talk with him, he let us purchase the set that night at BF pricing. If he hadn't, we probably would have gone to Lowe's on Friday.

If you are interested in this set, I recommend doing your research!

Thanks! I see a few things I would like.

The tv deals do seem like they could be better.

Did u see that the Magellan GPS for 119.99 is the same one that Office Max had in their ad for 69.99? Just in case anyone was looking at the Sears one, I plan to go to Office Max for mine.

Thanks! I see a few things I would like.

The tv deals do seem like they could be better.

Did u see that the Magellan GPS for 119.99 is the same one that Office Max had in their ad for 69.99? Just in case anyone was looking at the Sears one, I plan to go to Office Max for mine.

If it is the same GPS Sears will price match plus an extra 10%.

I want to research some of the tvs in the ad, but when I look up those model numbers, they don't seem to exist on Sears website.

Anyone have a better way for me to research them?

As far as the samsung's, you can get an idea because it says what series it's in in the code. LN40B500 = LN is for LCD, 40 is screen size, and 500 means it's a 5 series. There's also a 530 and a 550 in the 5 series but they should all have most of the traits for what Samsung lists for each series on their website.

Sony is similar but is usually group based off a letter in the code like S, W, etc. Either way, you go off the second code or the one containing numbers and letters.

We've got to get new tires anyhow, so I'm thinking we'll just go there and get the 70 dollar gift card. Provided the tires we buy are included. Last time they had some sort of deal going on "Select" tires, Kumho wasn't included. Hopefully, they will this time. But I won't get my hopes up.

we're not going to be able to a lot of shopping this year. that being said, i've seen a few things that i would like to pick up. wonder if it will be enough to pull me away from walmart this year. thanks for posting Brad. can't wait to see the rest of the ads!

i just print everything at work where I usually see new ones and then save at home if theres anything I'm remotely interested in. Never got a chance to save Office Max but still have hard copy. I'll need to start comparing specs on stuff now and then see what else is on offer. I dare say if price isn't too different may be easier to get a tv at sears than waiting overnight or longer at BB w/o a port o poddy (not fun).

DramaQueenLucy, I purchased the Kenmore Elite last year. I read all the reviews but decided to take a chance. The washer and dryer run fantastic. I have not had any issues at all and it has cut my laundry time in half. I was careful to do the following:

- put hockey pucks under the legs on each side. It help absorb vibration. My laundry is on the second florr of my house, no vibrations and it is quiet.

- after washing a keep the door ajar just a little to prevent any musty smells that front loads often get. I have not hade a problem.

Good luck

I want to research some of the tvs in the ad, but when I look up those model numbers, they don't seem to exist on Sears website.

Anyone have a better way for me to research them?

Your best bet is to look at the manufactors web page or just google the modle number.

We've got to get new tires anyhow, so I'm thinking we'll just go there and get the 70 dollar gift card. Provided the tires we buy are included. Last time they had some sort of deal going on "Select" tires, Kumho wasn't included. Hopefully, they will this time. But I won't get my hopes up.

Yea Kumho tires are good I have them on my 1997 camao Z28.

I'm not sure if they stock them you might want to check.

Anyone think the TV's will be a better deal at BB? I need to get one for DS and I think these are good prices. We have been looking for a bigger one ourselves too.

I don't think they will be cheaper for a name brand TV.

The prices I'm seeing are pretty darn cheap.

The only other places I can think of that might have better prices are mail order.

Circuit City 6th Ave Electronic and Compusa.

But rember if you have a problem with the TV it might not be a good deal.

We bought the Samsung W/D last year, before BF by a few days at Lowes and on BF we took the ad in and they gave me the extra money back. They also offer a much better warranty option etc... We did have a trouble with it, the latch died, but it was repaired (under the original manufacturer's warranty) quickly.

We're just starting to build a new house (haven't dug yet) and while I'd love to get our appliances now, I don't want to have to pick them up or store them yet. So I don't think I'll be buying things.

I noticed many of their best sales this time on appliances are Kenmore so you can't price match them :(

We bought the Samsung W/D last year, before BF by a few days at Lowes and on BF we took the ad in and they gave me the extra money back. They also offer a much better warranty option etc... We did have a trouble with it, the latch died, but it was repaired (under the original manufacturer's warranty) quickly.

We're just starting to build a new house (haven't dug yet) and while I'd love to get our appliances now, I don't want to have to pick them up or store them yet. So I don't think I'll be buying things.

I noticed many of their best sales this time on appliances are Kenmore so you can't price match them :(

they may be able to hold off pickup for u if u wish...something u need to ask about...most places i have done major purchases from are holding my stuff...free storage haha...so it might be worth it...buy it and pickup when u can...or whatever they can do i guess...worth a shot anyways

If it is the same GPS Sears will price match plus an extra 10%.

Thanks for this info! OM has a limit of 1 per ad, and my sister and I were both interested, but will not be able to shop together this year, so we'd each have to go to OM in our cities and get one, and instead, maybe we can get them at Sears, and get them earlier, since OM doesn't open til 7, just to make sure we can get them!

I Saw in the ad that they have a a 32 lcd full 1080p on sears.com for 379.99 on black fri but i can't find the tv when i try to find info on the tv. Does anybody have any info ? is it type o or is it like walmart that have the tv's built for them ?:)

I could not find a thing on this TV the only TV's on the AOC web sight are 720p.

I would tend to stick with name brand TV's not saying that the AOC tv might turn out to be a decent tv.

You have you choise of the Sony $379.99 and the vizio for $349.99 both 720p.

I have not looked at the specs for either but my parents have a vizio and pretty darn good.

And my friend has Sony and he love it.

Listen, if you want the Samsung Washer/Dryer set do it the smart way. Take the Sears ad with you to Lowes on BF.. Lowes will price match it. Last year Lowes dropped the price on the set on BF to match Sears price (so they wouldn't have to add the extra 10% that they guarantee), so I'm sure they will do the same thing this year. Not many people will be waiting at Lowes for this deal, since it won't be advertised in their BF ad. Plus the line at Lowes is usually not very big anyway..

What a great idea!:yup: I don't know why that thought hadn't occurred to me. :confused: