Post a Recipe & Win GottaDeal.com Black Friday Survival Kits! [Winners Chosen!]

Brad

Here is a dip I always make !!

you take equal parts of Real mayo and sour cream add season salt(lots) garlic powder and pepper (A lot of this too) mix together and serve with green and red peppers celery carrots cucumbers and .... I have all my family and friends hooked on this because you can make a little or a lot and it is addicting!!Lol

Here is another one my kids love and it isn't as messy as the real thing!!

Hot wing dip

* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

* 1 cup ranch salad dressing

* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

* 1/2 cup hot pepper sauce

* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Place the chicken breasts into a saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat until chicken is tender enough to be pulled apart with a fork. Drain and cool until cool enough to touch. Shred or chop chicken and place in a 1 to 2 quart casserole.

3. Mix the cream cheese into the chicken until well blended, then stir in the ranch dressing and hot sauce. Top with Cheddar cheese.

4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbly.

Marshmallow Fruit Dip

1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Creme

Blend cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Place in a dip bowl. Arrange bite-sized pieces of selected fruits, cakes, or cookies around dish for dipping.

Quick & easy!

Suggestions for Dipping:

Apples

Pears

Strawberries

Pineapple

Grapes

Pound cake broken in pieces

Vanilla wafers

Here is another fruit dip.

small jar of Marshmallow cream

reg size container of cool whip

8 oz cream cheese

one individual size yogurt of your choice - we usually use strawberry

I put it in the blender and smooth and then dip any fruit in it. It is so good I can just eat it by the spoonful! We try to use low fat everything for it and it tastes just as good.

Slow Cooker Pumpkin Apple Dessert

Meet a dessert that knows how to spell homemade with great flavor.

Prep Time: 15 min

Total Time: 2 hours 15 min

Makes: 12 servings

Ingredients:

1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling

2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour

1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar

1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product

1/3 cup vegetable oil

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Ice cream, if desired

Directions:

Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.

Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pie filling.

Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream.

Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer?s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.

Nutrition Information:

1 Serving: Calories 275 (Calories from Fat 55 ); Total Fat 6 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 150 mg; Total Carbohydrate 52 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 4 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 64 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8 %; Iron 12 % Exchanges:

Source: Betty Crocker

My MIL's recipe. Seriously, the best brownies I've ever had and I'm not allowed to bring anything else to gatherings now! LOL I use disposable 13 x 9 cake pans. These also freeze really well.

Memaw’s Killer Brownies

1 package chocolate cake mix-- just the mix

2/3 cup evaporated milk (1 small can)

3/4 cup melted butter

1 cup chopped nuts

1-1½ cups chocolate chips

14 oz. Milky Ways, regular or dark (I use the fun size bags)

Preheat oven to 350° .

Mix together cake mix, 1/3 cup milk, and butter. Stir in chopped nuts. Pat 1/2 of the batter in a 13x9 inch ungreased pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.

Melt, in microwave, the Milky Ways with 1/3 cup milk. Stir until smooth. Pour the Milky Way mixture over the cooked brownie. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the Milky Ways. Drop the remaining batter into the pan, covering the bottom layer. Bake for 21-23 minutes. Cool (I stick them in the fridge or freezer for a bit) and cut into squares

I got this from an email that I'd signed up for. It is a wonderful breakfast, snack or dessert. The best part is it's easy to make!

Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

1 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.

2. In large plastic food-storage bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon. Separate dough into a total of 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Shake in bag to coat. Arrange in pan. Mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.

3. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.

Better-Than-The-Real-Thing Chocolate Chip Cookies

These chocolate chip cookies made with Splenda taste so good no one would even suspect that they are not "fully leaded" with sugar. Who says you can't have your cookie and eat it too? Chocolate lovers, this cookie is for you!

My Dad has diabetes and ever since I made the first batch of these cookies, it's all we ever

bake!

Ingredients

2 1/4 cups unbleached flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco shortening

1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking

1/2 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend for Baking

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

1 cup or 1 12 oz. package of semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels

(chocolate lovers, you can always add more chocolate chips as desired!)

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Set aside.

Mix shortening, Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking, Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer till blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Refrigerate for 2 hours up to over night... colder cookie dough makes fluffier cookies.

Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking sheets and press gently to lightly flatten dough.

Bake 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.

Note: If you like chewy cookies, you may want to bake them for less time (just make sure you watch them!) Of course, this all depends on your oven temperature!

This recipe makes 3 dozen medium size cookies - that's about 3 cookie sheets!

Southern Peach Yam Bake

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

3 TBSP flour

1/2 TSP nutmeg

1/2 TSP cinnamon

2 TBSP margarine

1/2 cups nuts (optional)

2 17oz cans yams - drained- chopped

1 16oz can sliced peaches-drained- chopped

1 1/2 cups marshmellows

combine sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, add nuts(optional),, Arrange yams and peaches in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, sprinkle with sugar mixture.. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, sprinkle with marshmellows and bake until lightly browned..

Oh my! You guys are making me very hungry, specifically for those holiday dinners to hurry up and get here!

Throw out some sweet potato recipes! Those are my favorite!

Here's our favorite:

Sweet potato "souffle"

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes

3/4 cup white sugar

1/3 cup butter, softened

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup milk

1 cup flaked coconut

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup chopped walnuts

1/3 cup melted butter

..DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.Combine the mashed sweet potatoes with the white sugar, soft butter or margarine, beaten eggs, vanilla and milk. Spoon into a 2 quart oven proof baking dish.

3.Combine the coconut, flour, brown sugar, chopped nuts and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potatoes.

4.Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes.

I LOVE the below recipe! I make a Butterfinger Cake at least 3-4 times a year to bring to potlucks... The original recipe called for Heath bars instead, but I'm not big on toffee so I changed it! lol The differences in the one below and the one I make: I use yellow cake mix (chocolate can be TOO rich for some), generic caramel topping, let the cake cool 10-15 minutes (so all the liquid doesn't end up in the bottom), and I usually use just 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk so I have enough left to make a 2nd cake! ;) Oh, and for the topping, I sprinkle 1/2 the Butterfinger crumble, then spread cool whip, then sprinkle rest of the Butterfinger on top.

Never tried it with pecans, may have to next time... thanks for posting this!! :D

No problem, lol. I changed it from the original, too.

Guest mldepalma

Great idea for a contest. I'm gonna have to print this whole thread! Thanks!!

Apple Dip

You could use other fruit or crackers or cookies to dip this with, but I think apples taste best -

8oz cream cheese (I use low fat and it comes out great)

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp vanilla

cinnamon to taste (some like more and others like less, so just use what you like)

tiny pinch of nutmeg (to taste)

1/4 cup crushed peanuts (cocktail peanuts work well...)

Let cream cheese soften a bit and then mix it all together. You can add half & half or milk if it is too thick. I usually add about 1-2 tsp of milk or so and then use a mixer to beat the cream cheese and spices before adding the nuts. It'll work for Thanksgiving too. :)

Blueberry Banana Bread

Several quick-bread recipes, then added banana chips. This version is excellent spread with cream cheese. Prep and cook time: about 1 1/4 hours, plus 45 minutes to cool.

Yield Makes 1 loaf; 10 servings

Ingredients

• 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained, or frozen blueberries

• 2 cups plus one tablespoon all-purpose flour

• 3/4 cup granulated sugar

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

• 1/2 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

• 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3)

• 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk

• 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

• 1 large egg

• Oatmeal Streusel (recipe below)

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. In a small bowl, gently mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour (or you can use cornstarch).

3. In another bowl, blend remaining 2 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.

4. In a third, large bowl, whisk bananas, buttermilk, butter, and egg to blend. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture just until evenly moistened; the batter will be stiff. Gently stir in blueberry mixture.

5. Spread batter level in a buttered 5- by 9-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with oatmeal streusel and press in lightly.

6. Bake bread in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.

7. Let bread cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges to loosen. Invert bread onto a plate, remove pan, and turn over onto rack to cool completely, about 45 minutes.

Nutritional Information

Calories: 319 (31% from fat)

Protein: 4.8g

Fat: 11g (sat 6.8)

Carbohydrate: 51g

Fiber: 1.8g

Sodium: 347mg

Cholesterol: 48mg

Oatmeal Streusel

Preparation

In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup each all-purpose flour, regular rolled oats, and chopped dried banana chips; 2 tablespoons each firmly packed brown sugar and butter, cut into chunks; and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix with your fingers until fine crumbs form.

Teri's variation: instead of a loaf pan I use a fluted bundt baking stone, though any non stick will do. Put the toppinf in first, then carefully layer on the batter bake 45minutes or so,test for doneness. this is a very moist cake and after inverting, replace any topping remaining.

Stuffed Frech Bread (Breakfest)

1 loaf of French or Italian Bread

1 lb bulk sausage

½ sweet onion

4 eggs

1 cup milk

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided) * You can add more cheese if you like*

Salt & pepper to taste

½ tsp Garlic powder

Ground sausage and onion, drain.

Beat eggs, add milk, salt, pepper garlic powder. Mix well.

Cut the loaf of bread length wise about ¼ down from the down from the top. Hallow out the bottom part of the loaf. Be careful not to take out to much from the bottom. Take a cookie sheet the same length of the bread and place a couple sheets of foil down over it. Spray foil with non-stick spray. Place the bread in the center of the foil. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese in the bottom of the bread and then spread the sausage and onion mixture over the cheese. Make sure it is spread out evenly in the bread. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and top with the remaining cheese. Place the top of the bread back on and wrap it in the foil. Place in the refrigerator over night.

Next morning bake at 375 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.

Remove from oven and open foil. Let sit for 10 minutes and then cut into slices.

**Mushrooms and greens peppers optional

Mine is EXTREMELY simple.

Fruit + Dip

Fruit

-Any kind of fruit you like. Melons are REALLY good, as are apples, grapes, and strawberries.

Dip

1 (3 oz.) jar marshmallow creme

2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese

(optional) teaspoon of Ginger

(optional) teaspoon of Cinnamon

(optional) crushed pineapple

Set the cream cheese out to soften, then mix the ingredients. Put it in a festive holiday bowl, cut the fruit into pieces, and use little toothpicks for dipping. It's SOOOOO good!!

Edit: I would put my grandmother's recipe for Pumpkin Bread... but it's a secret. :)

Fluffy Pumpkin Pie (Favorite in our house!)

This delicious pumpkin pie can be served immediately, but it is easier to cut if placed in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours before serving.

Ingredients

1 15oz can of Pumpkin, or about 1 c. fresh pumpkin

1 12oz container of Whipped Topping

1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

1 tbsp Sugar

Directions

In a bowl, combine the Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Sugar until well blended. If you plan on using fresh pumpkin, make sure that it is well drained, or else the pie will lose its consistency with all the liquid. Slowly fold in the Cool Whip in thirds, until completely incorporated. It should be more of a peach color than an orange, and light and fluffy in texture.

Gently fold mixture into the pie crust.Your pie crust can either be the traditional flour pie crust, or a graham cracker pie crust. The graham cracker crust is a good flavor combination with the pumpkin, and goes well with the lighter texture and flavor of the pie filling.

:rwb:

Gookie Cookies

Boil together for one minute:

2 c sugar

1/3 c cocoa

1/4 lb margarine

1/2 c milk

Add 1/2 c peanut butter. Stir until desolved.

Add 3 1/2 c quick oats and 1 tsp vanilla

Drop by teaspoonful onto wax paper (quickly so they dont harden) and let dry.

This is my son's favorite!

Sweet Potato Balls Recipe

2 C. mashed sweet potatoes

2/3 C. firmly packed brown sugar

1/8 t. grated nutmeg

1 t. grated orange peel

4 to 6 T. orange juice

8 large marshmallows

2 C. flaked coconut

Use fresh cooked or drained canned sweet potatoes. Add brown sugar, nutmeg, orange peel and juice to mashed potatoes. Mix well. Shape 1/2 cup mixture around a marshmallow; roll in coconut. Place potato balls in a buttered baking dish and bake at 350°F. for 20 minutes or until hot.

Makes 8 balls.

The balls may also be rolled in corn flakes rather than coconut if someone in the family doesn't care for coconut. This is a great do-ahead recipe. Just remember not to cook them too long or the marshmallow will begin to run out

Okay, since some people are deviating from desserts, I will post one of my husband's best recipes, one that he can not go to either THanksgiving or Christmas without (because they won't let him in the door....)

PAPA’S BOURBON CRANBERRY SAUCE (Thanksgiving)*****

4 c cranberries ¼ tblsp ground cinnamon

2 c sugar ¼ c Jack Daniel’s

Preheat to 350. Mix all together EXCEPT Jack Daniel’s, in a 9x13x2 inch, baking dish. Cover with foil and bake about 1 hour, stirring once.

Remove from oven and stir in Jack Daniel’s. Refrigerate. Can be prepared 1 week in advance.

I like to do things a little NONtraditionally....my favorite dessert is icecream...

so to go with the holiday spirit, which for me means indulgence ;) I like to set up an icecream bar with every topping you could want...

vanilla icecream

chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, strawberry and other sauces

cherries

sprinkles

chocolate chips

bananas

nuts

marshmallows

to make it REALLY special I will set out brownies so people can make brownie sundaes :)

Naughty and Nice Rum balls. (Old School;) Adult cookies)

3 Cups Vanilla wafer cookie crumbs

1 Cup Confectionery Sugar

1 Cup Walnuts (Can use pecans) Toasted pecans bring out more flavor.

1 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa

3 Tablespoons Corn Syrup (Can use honey instead)

1/2 Cup Dark Rum or your favorite whisky

Mix wafer crumbs, Sugar, Cocoa, and nuts. Mix

Add rum and Corn Syrup. Mix

Roll dough into small 3/4 inch balls. Place into a airtight container and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours. Sprinkle with confectionery sugar and serve.

snowcrustracer

i call it green and white salad...but its known as other names as well ( this can be made the day before)

1 small box of lemon jell-o

1 small box of lime jell-o

1 pkg of Cream Cheese (preferably Philadelphia)

1 small container of coolwhip

1 regular size can of crushed pineapple

a jar of marchino cherries (optional)

Directions:

in one bowl: Allow cream cheese and coolwhip to unfreeze, if in freezer; let sit in room temperature. Mix cream cheese and cool whip together until smooth consistency or desired consistency. either leave out until jell-o is ready or place back in refrigator.

in separate bowl: combine the lemon and lime jello powders together follow directions on box ( boil 1 cup water, add 1 cup of water per box). let cool in refrigator for about 2-3 hours...do not let firm, but not too watery either.

once jell-o is ready, blend in cream cheese and cool whip mixture on LOW to start out as until it thickens up some and increase blend speed. Blend until smooth constitency or desirable texture. Add in well-drained pineapple. Allow to cool and thicken in refrigator for about an hour or so...

Cut cherries in half and place on top for decoration

also other ideas is instead of lemon and lime jello, use Strawberry jello ( 2 boxes), strawberry cool whip ( when in season) ( regular works too), instead of pineapple use strawberries ( not fresh ones as jello may not set well) ans use strawberries instead of cherries.

also some people like to save some of the lime jello powder to sprinkle on top of the jello before cherries are place, but its basically just for presentation, same goes with strawberry!

some people even put nuts, and other different items in this...so u can be creative with it

let me know how this goes for anyone!!

My recipe is for Simply Super Crescent Cinnamon Rolls. I make them every Christmas morning just like my mom did. They are delicious, but sticky:)

2/3c finely chopped pecans

1/3c brown sugar

1/3c powdered sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4c butter, softened

2- 8oz cans crescent dinner rolls

Glaze- 1c powdered sugar

1 tbsp butter, softened

2 to 3 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 375. Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl.

Separate one can rolls into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13x7" rectangle, frimly press edges & perforations to seal. Spread with nut mixture.

Separate second can of rolls into 2 rectangles. Place over nut filling and press to seal.

Cut into 8 13" strips and roll each into a coil.

Place in ungreased 13x9" pan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm. Makes 8 large rolls.

Potato Chip cookies show up every Christmas at our house!

POTATO CHIP COOKIES

Potato Chip Cookies (400 degrees)

1 C Margarine or butter softened

½ C Sugar

1 ½ C Flour

1 t Vanilla

30 Crushed Pringles

½ C Chopped Pecans

Powdered Sugar

Cream Margarine and sugar. Blend in flour, vanilla, potato chips and pecans; mix well. Line baking sheet with foil, shiny side up. Drop by teaspoon and flatten each cookie with fork. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until light brown. Leave on foil until cool, dust with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

Mary C

Georgetown, Tx

Pecan Pie

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons white sugar

1/2 cup butter, chilled

4 tablespoons ice water

3 eggs, beaten

3/4 cup light corn syrup

2 tablespoons dark corn syrup

3/4 cup light brown sugar

3 tablespoons butter, melted

1 pinch salt

1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed

1 cup pecans, quartered

1 cup pecan halves

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

• In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
  • On a floured surface flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
  • Mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
  • Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for one hour or until firm.

Let cool for one hour before serving.

The number one traditional "can't have a holiday without it" dessert in my family I have always known as Pig Eatin' Good Cake. My grandma said that was the name because it tastes so good you eat like a pig. A few years ago I saw a recipe in a cook book that was really similar and it was called Hawaiian Delite Cake.

Cake:

1 box butter or yellow cake mix (we like butter better)

1 can mandarine oranges (DO NOT DRAIN - dump the liquid and oranges into the cake mix)

1 envelope Dream Whip whipped topping mix

1/2 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

Combine all ingredients and beat for two full minutes. Spray sides and bottom of 10x13 cake pan and pour in batter. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.

While cake is baking prepare topping.

Topping:

12 oz. tub Cool Whip topping

1 large box instant vanilla pudding mix

1 can crushed pineapple, drained well

Combine all three ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate until cake is ready.

When cake is completely cooled, cover with topping mixture.

*When I make this for my husband's family I add 1 cup toasted pecans to the cake and 1 cup coconut to the topping. We don't do that for my side of the family because they don't all like coconut and pecans. I love it both ways!

favorite holiday dessert. Whether it's Christmas cookies, a pie for Thanksgiving or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here

I dont think it's a problem to post other then desserts

which if spelled backwards is stressed

Was just pointing out that the contest was looking for desserts. Didn't want someone to not get an entry cause they posted a main dish. Post all the recipes you please. I just might use them. So sorry to have upset you so much.:gdxoxo: