Post a Recipe & Win GottaDeal.com Black Friday Survival Kits! [Winners Chosen!]

Brad

CONTEST IS OVER!!!

We know Black Friday can be a stressful time of year, and so this year we're going to help you out by giving away our new GottaDeal.com Black Friday Survival Kits! We've got many of these kits to give away over the next 5 weeks leading up to Black Friday, so if you don't win this time, you'll have plenty of additional chances. So I'm sure you are asking, "what's in the kit?" Here you go:

http://www.gottadeal.com/images/bfkit.jpg

GottaDeal.com T-Shirt: you need something to wear on Black Friday, right? Show your love for your favorite web site with our brand new t-shirts!

GottaDeal.com Bag: some kits will have the drawstring backpack, others will have the reusable grocery bag, and a few will come with both bags!

Black Friday @ GottaDeal.com Coin Caddy: this zippered neoprene pouch can store your cash, credit cards, keys and other Black Friday essentials!

GottaDeal.com Highlighters: these orange highlighters are perfect for highlighting items as you look over the Black Friday ads or your shopping list!

GottaDeal.com Ballpoint Pen: this Pilot G-2 pen (blue ink) is perfect for keeping track of your purchases and crossing off items on your shopping list!

GottaDeal.com Magnets: we'll give you some of our new business card magnets - perfect for your fridge, car or anywhere else you want to stick them!

GottaDeal.com Stickers: bored waiting in line for the stores to open? Stick our stickers on fellow shoppers, store windows or anywhere else!

HOW TO WIN: Since the last contest required some effort, we'll make this one simple and get everyone in the holiday spirit: post a recipe for your favorite holiday dessert. Whether it's Christmas cookies, a pie for Thanksgiving or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here. Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

You can post as many recipes as you'd like, but each person will only get one entry for the drawing. Entries will be accepted until 11pm ET on Sunday, November 1st. At that point we'll randomly select 5 winners from all eligible entries and they will each win a survival kit!

Update: Here's a challenge: if we can get 300 different members to post a recipe in this thread before the contest ends, I'll double the number of prizes from 5 to 10!

Good luck to all!

ok lol u must have googled contests ideas too lol i was just going to pm u this info too lol Well Heres my entry...

I make this for christmas morning sometimes...This is a yummy casserole of bread, cream cheese, eggs, and milk. Tastes just like regular french toast but it's made the night before and baked in the oven. This is not really sweet so you might like more maple syrup with it

INGREDIENTS

10 cups white bread cubes

1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream cheese, softened

8 eggs

1 1/2 cups milk

2/3 cup half-and-half cream

1/2 cup maple syrup

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

Place bread cubes in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half, maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F

Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm.

YUUUMMMYYY...

My recipe is for Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

My mom had this at a party once and loved so she had to get the recipe and make it for us to try and believe me it is DELICIOUS!!!

As soon as you make it you start eating it and it is hard to stop.

Everyone that I have got to try it has loved it also, so I hope you try and love it too! lol

Note: We don't roll it in pecans at the end, it's just too yummy the way it is but to each their own lol

INGREDIENTS

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup confectioners' sugar

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.

Serve with Graham Crackers

http://bp0.blogger.com/_mYfpfarkVbQ/SEMo8qwtpPI/AAAAAAAAADo/nnOAsvRz0AQ/s400/chocolate_chip_dip2.jpg

Edited by Miss Star
Added picture

Wow! A contest entry along with lots of great recipes:

Our favorite Christmas cookies are M&M meringue cookes.

2 egg whites

1/2 cup granulated sugar

pinch of cream of tarter

3/4 cup holiday m&m's

With room temp. egg whites beat and cream of tarter until foamy

SLOWLY add sugar beating until stiff peaks form

GENTLY Fold in M&M's

Drop onto greased cookie sheet

Bake at 250 for 25-30 minutes.

Yield 1-2 dozen

Can't wait to start chrismas baking!!!

This is a great Jewish Holiday Recipe. Everyone should try this.

Traditional Hanukkah Latkas - Potato Pancakes (Parve)

Ingredients:

* 5 potatoes

* 2 onions

* 3 eggs

* 1 tsp. salt

* 1/4 tsp. pepper

* between 1/4 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

* oil for frying (canola is recommended)

Preparation:

1. Peel potatoes. Place in a bowl of cold water so they won’t turn brown.

2. When ready to prepare the latkas, drain the potatoes. Place potatoes and onions in a food processor fitted with a knife blade. Pulse until smooth. Drain mixture well.

3. Pour potato mixture into a large bowl. Add beaten eggs. Add salt and pepper. Add enough flour so that the mixture holds together.

4. Pour 1 inch of oil into a large, deep frying pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.

5. Carefully drop 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the hot oil.

6. Flatten the pancake slightly so the center will cook.

7. Fry for several minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.

8. Drain on paper towels.

SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve the latkes with applesauce.

ok lol u must have googled contests ideas too lol i was just going to pm u this info too lol

We actually got this one from the thread we had last year where we asked for contest ideas. Someone suggested cookie recipes, but I expanded it to include any kind of dessert :)

Wow! A contest entry along with lots of great recipes:

That's what I figured. Have a contest and at the same time maybe everyone can find something new to try to make this year :D

Italian staple and since no one here can make a true one, I make them myself

Cannoli Shells

3 cups of sifted all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon of sugar

1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon

3/4 cup of port

Salad oil or shortening for deep-frying

1 egg yolk, slightly beaten

Sift flour with sugar and cinnamon onto a board. Make a well in center and fill with port. With a fork, gradually blend flour into port. When dough is stiff enough to handle, knead about 15 minutes, or until dough is smooth and stiff (if too moist and sticky, knead in a little more sifted flour). Refrigerate dough, covered for 2 hours. In deep-fat-fryer, electric skillet, or heavy saucepan, slowly heat salad oil (3-4 inches deep), to 400ºF. on deep-frying thermometer. Meanwhile, on lightly floured surface, roll 1/3 of dough to paper thinness, making a 16 inch round. Cut into 8 (5 inch) circles. Wrap a circle loosely around a 6 inch long Cannole form or dowel, 1 inch in diameter; seal with egg yolk. Gently drop dough-covered forms, 2 at a time, into hot oil and fry 1 minute, or until lightly browned on all sides (turn if necessary). With tongs or slotted utensils, lift out of oil, and drain on paper towels. Carefully remove forms. Continue until all dough is used. Cannoli shells can be made a day or two ahead and stored, covered, at room temperature. Fill shell about hour before serving. Makes 24.

Filling:

3 pounds of ricotta cheese

2 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate pieces or grated sweet chocolate

2 tablespoons of chopped citron

10 candied cherries, finely chopped

1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Chopped pistachio nuts (optional)

Confectioners' sugar

In a large bowl, with portable electric mixer, beat ricotta cheese 1 minute. Add 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar and beat until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add chocolate, citron, cherries, cinnamon; beat at low speed until well blended. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Fill shell with mixture and garnish ends with pistachios; sprinkle tops with confectioners' sugar.

This only made at Christmas time in my house. It is very sweet but oh so yummy.

PEANUT BUTTER - IRISH POTATO CANDY

2 (1 lb.) boxes powdered sugar

1/2 c. hot mashed potatoes, drained

1 sm. jar crunchy peanut butter

Mix sifted sugar into potatoes a little at a time by hand. (Don't panic when potatoes liquify as the first sugar is added. This is what it's supposed to do. Just keep adding sugar until it is pastry consistency.) Sprinkle wax paper with additional powdered sugar. Take baseball-sized ball of mixture and roll out like pastry. Spread with peanut butter and roll like a jelly roll. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap; chill and slice.

Makes 2 rolls.

I know I’m not eligible, but here is my all time favorite Christmas cookie recipe!

Christmas Marange Cookies

2 lg egg whites-room temp

1 tsp vanilla

¼ tsp cream of tarter

1/4tsp salte

Mix all of the above until it forms soft peaks.

Slowly add…

2/3 c sugar

Food Color of your choice (I do red and green)

Beat until stiff and glossy

Fold in…

1 c finely chopped pecans

1 c mini chocolate chips

Bake at 275 on greased baking sheets 20-25 min. Cookies will be set-up and dry to the touch when they are done, let them cool and then remove from baking sheet.

ENJOY!!!

This is my absolute favorite holiday cookie. I usually divide the dough and tint half green and half red with food coloring. The recipe calls for green, but I like to add the festive coloring. These don't last long on my counter, ENJOY!

Mint Kiss Spritz

2/3 c. sugar

1 c. butter (softened)

1 egg

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. mint extract

2 1/4 c. all purpose flour

green food coloring

60 Hershey's Kisses

Heat oven to 400F. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, salt, vanilla, and mint extract. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add flour. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in food coloring, adding enough to achieve the desired color. If dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate until firm enough to form cookies. Form balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Use your thumb or the tip of a spoon to lighty press down in center of ball to make an indent. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately after removing cookies from oven place one Hershey's kiss on each cookie.

This is great! Great recipes! Here is mine.. we call them Moose Balls!

1 pkg oreo cookies

1 8 oz cream cheese

dark chocolate candy melts

white chocolate candy melts

crush oreos in food processor until cookies are of fine consistency.

cream cheese should be room temp and then beat well, combine with crushed oreos.

form into balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.

melt chocolate and dip balls into chocolate

drizzle thin line of white chocolate over top

refrigerate and enjoy

Here's a challenge: if we can get 300 different members to post a recipe in this thread before the contest ends, I'll double the number of prizes from 5 to 10!

The "Share Your Story" contest had over 400 entries, so 300 should be a piece of cake. Speaking of cake, back to the recipes......

Champagne Punch is used at my house for Christmas & New Years....

1 Bottle Of Champagne Which Ever You Prefer

1 Bottle Of Diet Or Regular Gingerale As Prefered Which One You Want I love Shweppes

2 Oranges

1 Of The 1/2 Gallon Of Raspberry Or Orange Sherbert Try To Get It In The Paper Box Not Tub

1 Jar Of Red Cherries In Juice

First Get A Big Bowl Or What Ever You Are Going To Put The punch In Place It in The Freezer

To Chil For 1/2 Hr.

1. After The Bowl Has Chilled Add The Bottle Of Champagne

2. Add Gingerale & Cherry Juice

3. If You Get The Paper Box Just Cut The Box Apart And Add The Sherbert In Full Will Last All Day Or All Night

4. Slice Oranges And Place Them In Around The Sherbert

5. Add Cherries To Garnish

Now You Can Place Back in Fridge And Served Chilled

~My family's favorite ~

Pecan Pie Bars

Crust

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 cups flour

1 cup butter or margarine, softened

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 10X15 pan with cooking spray. Beat all ingredients on medium speed until fine crumbs. Press into pan and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until it just barely begins to brown.

Filling

4 large eggs

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups Karo syrup

2 1/2 cups pecan halves

Beat liquid ingredients until blended. Add pecans and pour over hot crust. Bake 30 minutes. cool thoroughly and cut into squares. (Smaller squares are best as this is rich. Plus, I've always cut into diamond shapes, like baklava)

This is my Grandmother's recipe. It is wonderful and soooooo easy. I make it quite often to take to people, but it just wouldn't be Christmas without this!!

Chocolate Chess Pie

1 1/2 Cups Sugar

3 1/2 Tablespoons cocoa

1 teaspoon Vanilla

2 Eggs

1 stick butter, melted

1 small can evaporated milk

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (deep-dish is best)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients, except pie shell in a bowl. Mix well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake for 50 minutes. Let Cool.

This is very fudgy. I decorate it with Whipped cream and crushed peppermints.

Happy Shopping (and eating)!

June

A great recipe to make with the kids

Holiday Weaths.

1 bx Corn Flakes

1 stick butter

1 bag marshmallows

1 bag Red Hots

Green food coloring

Melt butter and marshmallows and stir in the food coloring to suit. Add the corn flakes and coat with green marshmallow mixture. Drop small balls of mixture on to wax paper. Flatten out and put hole in middle so it looks like a weath. Add four Red Hots to each one.

My family knows this dessert as "dulce" or literaly translated means "sweet"

1 cup chopped pineapple chunks ( can also be canned, must be drained before mixing)

1 cup of chopped Peaches ( can also be canned, must be drained before mixing)

2 cups of chopped apples (peeled,rinsed and chopped)

1/2 cup of sugar

1 cup chopped pecans

2 cups of sour cream

After you've chopped all of the fruit you simply mix it all together in a big bowl along with the sour cream, sugar and the pecans. Then you refrigerate for about 1 hr. Serve cold or at room tempeture.

This recipe is very versitile, you can change the type of fruit you add by adding more or less. You can change the amount of sour cream you add and even use low fat or fat free sour cream according to your desire of creamy consistancy. You can add any type of nuts and you can add as little or as much sugar as you like according to your taste!

I'll post my husband's absolute favorite. His grandparents are Dutch and he used to get this every year at Christmas from his grandmother:

Banket

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup butter

1/2 cup water

1 1/2 cups almond paste

2 eggs

3/4 cup white sugar

1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1 pinch salt

1 egg white, beaten

Directions:

In a large bowl, cut COLD butter into flour until the mixture has a crumb-like texture. Make a well in the center, add cold water. Mix together until the mixture forms a ball. Do not overmix. Chill dough. (I find it does best if it chills for at least 1 hour).

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.

In a medium bowl, blend together almond paste, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, almond extract and salt.

Divide dough in 4 parts, and roll into 15 inch strips. Place filling along the center of each long strip of dough. Roll up, and pinch the ends to seal.

Place strips 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.

Coke Cake

2 c. sugar

2 c. flour (sifted)

2 sticks margarine

3 tbsp. cocoa

1 c. Coke

2 eggs

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 c. buttermilk

1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put margarine, coke, and cocoa in a pan, mix, and bring to a boil. Mix in sugar, flour, and baking soda. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix. Put in a greased 13 X 9 pan and bake for 40 - 45 minutes.

Icing

1 box powdered sugar

1/3 c. Coke

3 tbsp. cocoa

1 stick of margarine

Put Coke, cocoa, and margarine in a pan and bring to a boil. Mix in powdered sugar.

This is my great-grandmothers cake recipe, we make it for all occasions, my dh decided that I didn't bake it enough for his sweet tooth so he learned to make it....

PAPA’S (ok… Maridele’s) SOUR CREAM CAKE *****

6 eggs - separated 1/4 tsp baking soda

2 sticks butter - softened 1/4 tsp salt

3 cups sugar 8 oz sour cream

3 cups flour

Cream butter, egg yolks, and sugar together. Add Flour, salt and soda to sugar mixture. Add sour cream and mix. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into cake.

Place into a cold oven and bake at 300 degrees for an hour and a half.

I always make at least 2 batches of this as it goes quickly... :)

Fantasy Fudge

3 cups sugar

3/4 cup butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:

Combine sugar, butter and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

PEANUT BUTTER BALLS

1 cup plus 1/4 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1 tbsp. cocoa

1 tbsp. milk

1 tbsp. vanilla

In a lage bowl combine the 1 cup powdered sugar and cocoa. Stir in the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla. Form the mixture into balls. Roll each ball in 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Place candy on plate and serve. Put the leftovers into the freezer.

I make at least 3 batches a year and we always run out of it.....People Puppy Chow.

1 box rice chex

1 bag semi sweet or milk chocolate chocolate chips (whichever you prefer)

1 cup peanut butter, smooth

1 small bag powdered sugar

Using your biggest non-stick pot, melt the choc. chips and pb. Once melted slowly turn the rice chex into the mixture until all of the cereal is coated.

In a separtate container (you can use a paper bag, an old ice cream bucket, but I prefer my big lock n lock container), line the bottom with powdered sugar, place about 1/2 of the cereal mixture on top of the powdered sugar and then add about another cup of powdered sugar to the top. Shake shake shake. Add the rest of your cereal mixture and some more powdered sugar. Shake shake shake. Pour out onto covered surface to cool. Store in air tight container or baggie.

My son really loves making this recipe, it's fun and it's easy!

Moist Caramel Apple Cake

1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla or French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding

1 cup water

4 eggs

1/3 cup oil

3 Granny Smith apples (1 lb.), peeled, coarsely chopped

20 KRAFT Caramels

3 Tbsp. milk

HEAT oven to 350ºF

GREASE and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl with mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 2 min. Stir in apples. Pour into prepared pan.

BAKE 50 min. to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 min. Loosen cake from side of pan; invert onto wire rack. Gently remove pan. Cool cake completely. Transfer to plate.

Coquito

Puerto Rican coconut-rum beverage

Coquito is a popular Christmas beverage in Puerto Rico. It has similarities to American eggnog, but the use of creme de coco or coconut milk gives it a unique island flavor.

4-6 servings

Cinnamon sticks -- 2-3 each

Water -- 2 cups

Sweetened, condensed milk -- 1 (14-ounce) can

Evaporated milk -- 1 (12-ounce) can

Crème de coco (for example, Coco Lopez) -- 1 (12-ounce) can

Rum -- 1-2 cups

Ground cinnamon -- for garnish

Method

Place the cinnamon sticks and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 5-10 minutes to infuse the water with the flavor of cinnamon. Remove the cinnamon sticks and set the flavored water aside to cool.

Whisk the cooled cinnamon water, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and crème de coco together. Chill well.

To serve, stir in the amount of rum desired, pour into glasses and garnish each serving with a pinch of cinnamon.

Love that one Angie, we make that too!

We are Hungarian so our tradition is Chicken Paprika every year, even though we have this fabulous restaurant make it for us every year I do have an amazing recipe because I do cook throughout the year. Here it is:

Ingredients

Chicken:

1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 (3-pound) fryer, cut into serving size pieces

2 tablespoons oil

2 medium onions, thinly sliced

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika

1/8 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup sour cream

Spaetzle (dumplings):

4 1/2 cups water

2 cups all-purpose flour

3 eggs, beaten

1/2 teaspoon salt

Chopped parsley

Instructions

Place 1/3 cup of the flour in a large plastic bag. Place the chicken pieces in the bag and coat them. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, heavy skillet, and fry the chicken until light brown. Remove the chicken. Add the remaining oil to the skillet, along with the onions and the remaining 3 tablespoons of flour, and fry the onions until golden. Stir in the broth, salt, paprika, and pepper. Add the chicken, and cover. Cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is tender.

While the chicken is cooking, prepare the spaetzle. Bring 4 cups of the water to a boil in a large saucepan. In a bowl, combine the flour and the remaining 1/2 cup of water with the eggs and salt until smooth. The dough will be heavy and gluey. Reduce the heat to maintain a steady boil, and drop small pieces of dough into the water. Boil the noodles, which look like small dumplings, for 5 minutes, until tender, but firm. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Rinse the cooked noodles with very hot water. Serve immediately.

Place the hot chicken on a serving platter. Whisk the sour cream into the gravy, and pour over the chicken. Serve with hot spaetzle. Garnish with chopped parsley.

Be a Hungarian for the day and give it a try! :)

WATERGATE SALAD

INGREDIENTS

1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix

1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice

1 cup miniature marshmallows

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, mix together pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows, and nuts. Fold in whipped topping. Chill.

CARAMEL APPLE PIE

INGREDIENTS

• 1 (12 ounce) package STOUFFER'S® frozen Harvest Apples, defrosted

• 1 prepared 8-inch (6 ounces) graham cracker crust

• 1 egg

• 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar

• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour

• 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract

• 1/3 cup caramel topping

• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

• BEAT cream cheese, egg, sugar, flour and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until smooth; spread mixture over graham cracker crust.

• COMBINE Harvest Apples, caramel topping and cinnamon in small bowl; gently spoon over cream cheese mixture to keep two distinct layers.

• BAKE in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until apple mixture bubbles up around edges of pie. Cool on wire rack. Serve at room temperature; promptly chill leftover pie.

Pumpkin Log

log

3 eggs

2/3 cup pumpkin

1cup sugar

1/2 tsp cinnamon

3/4 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp. baking soda

You may add walnuts to batter if you would like

filling

2 tbs. margarine

8 oz. cream cheese

3/4 tsp vanilla

1 cup powdered sugar

preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix eggs, sugar and pumpkin together. Add baking soda, flour and cinnamon. add nuts if you would like. Grease a cookie sheet and line it with wax paper. Pour batter onto wax paper and bake for 15 min. at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and turn upside down onto a clean lint free dish towel that has powdered sugar spread over it. Roll up like a jelly roll, towel and all. Let cool. When cool unroll and remove wax paper. While roll is cooling mix filling. Mix all ingredients together for filling and stir until smooth. Spread filling onto cool unrolled log. Roll Back up without the towel and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Cover or wrap in freezer paper (to prevent sticking) and keep refrigerated.

this other recipe is not a desert but we always fix these on christmas eve as an appetizer:

Grape Jelly Meatballs

Small bag of meatballs

1 bottle chili sauce

10 oz. grape jelly

1 Tbs. lemon juice

Bake meatballs in a shallow pan covered until done.

over low heat in medium sauce pan mix chili sauce, jelly and lemon juice. Simmer until blended smooth and sauce is hot. Pour over meatballs and bake covered for about 20 min.

Remove from oven and enjoy !!

The Fakers Fruitcake kids love this, even if they dont like real fruitcake

1 box of cake mix ( we use the betty crocker butter recipe mix) prepare per directions on box

1 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup chunk pineapple

1/2 cup cherries (pitted and sliced, or just use the ones out of the jar)

1/2 cup apple (peeled and cut into chunks)

1/2 stick butter (melted)

1/2 cup brown sugar

Pre-heat oven to 350 (or whatever the box directions call for).

Pour the melted butter into a 13x9 baking dish and spread it around evenly until the bottom of the pan is covered. DO NOT wipe out or drain off excess butter. Next sprinkle brown sugar into pan over the melted butter. You do not have to cover the bottom of the pan completly just try to sprinkle brown sugar evenly. Next place all of the fruit and pecans into the pan. Spread it out or the length of the pan. It will not cover it completly there will be spacing.

Next pour cake batter into pan over the fruit. Do not stir. (really your just layerinig it). Now bake as directed on box.

When you remmove the cake from the oven let it rest/stand for about 15 mins, to give the glaze (sugar & fruit juice) time to set.

Now you can cut the cake into squares and use a spatula to take the pieces out and flip them over onto a plate (ala pineapple upside down cake) serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!!