BurtsBee.com Grab bag was $50.00 now $25.00

steph3306

I hate to be the first one disappointed but I am. :(

First I used code to get the free stuff, my total was $29.18 but they charged my CC $35.68. I tried calling them and even though it's business hours I can't get ahold of anyone. They charged me for the "free stuff". I just don't feel like dealing with trying to get the $6 back but I will.

I know most of the stuff was sample stuff but talk about small!! The soaps are for one shower. Thinking you have to put a lot of the stuff together to make it a gift. The wristlet is very cheap looking also.

Not trying to be a downer and I appreciate the poster but I know a lot of people are on the fence about getting this and want to give another side. :)

I hate to be the first one disappointed but I am. :(

First I used code to get the free stuff, my total was $29.18 but they charged my CC $35.68. I tried calling them and even though it's business hours I can't get ahold of anyone. They charged me for the "free stuff". I just don't feel like dealing with trying to get the $6 back but I will.

I know most of the stuff was sample stuff but talk about small!! The soaps are for one shower. Thinking you have to put a lot of the stuff together to make it a gift. The wristlet is very cheap looking also.

Not trying to be a downer and I appreciate the poster but I know a lot of people are on the fence about getting this and want to give another side. :)

I am happy enough with mine because I know how much this stuff retails for, but I totally understand where you are coming from. If someone didn't know the retail prices they would think they paid way too much for it. It is way overpriced at retail anyway.

I received mine. I am also having a bit of a problem deciding how to divide my bag. I wanted to divide it between my 2 cousins but I feel like the items received are really small and would make the gifts look cheap even though I usually only spend about $15 per cousin. I didn't receive the lip shimmer merlot or toffee although I did receive one extra small foot lotion. So I am missing 2 regular size products out of my bag. I guess I will email the co and see what they say.

I am happy enough with mine because I know how much this stuff retails for, but I totally understand where you are coming from. If someone didn't know the retail prices they would think they paid way too much for it. It is way overpriced at retail anyway.

I guess that will be the trick...to give it to those that now how much it's worth. :tongue1: Otherwise it looks like you got a bunch of free samples and gifted them!! ;)

LOVE IT!! Just got mine and it's chock full of stuff. The gloves are for gardening. The gloves are worth 7-10 bucks at Walmart. The bag it came in is cute and it also came with a cute little case inside. DEFINITELY worth it. Thinking about ordering another for Christmas!!

I think all of the stuff in here could totally be split up and would NOT look like samples. I am very impressed with this. Enough so that I ordered two more. The wristlet is so cute with little bees. Gonna put one in the family gift trade and hope to get it back :)

Edited by jennybeanfrog

Thought I would also say this. When I got my package, my packing slip showed a charge for the grab bag and also showed charges for the free items. I went to my account and saw that I was only charged for what I was supposed to be charged for. Hope this will save some folks from a little "got overcharged" panic.

I received mine today and I love it. It doesn't look like sample size at all, especially if it's a product that you use and know how much it retails for. I really like the lemon butter cuticle cream. I was able to get two very nice teacher gifts out of it and will use the rest as stocking stuffers. The little bee bags are adorable...I stuffed them full and will pair them with beeswax candles for gifts.

Thought I would also say this. When I got my package, my packing slip showed a charge for the grab bag and also showed charges for the free items. I went to my account and saw that I was only charged for what I was supposed to be charged for. Hope this will save some folks from a little "got overcharged" panic.

This is what happened to me. I did hear from costumer service and they said it was a problem that they were working on. An invoice problem. When I purchased it there was one price, my e-mail conf. had a higher price, and then my invoice that came with the product had even a higher price. :shock: I'm sure they will fix it since I'm sure there are many confused and questioning costumers.

On another note I'm really enjoying the lipbalm. I know that many said they weren't crazy about the pomegranate taste but I really like it.

I received mine today and I love it. It doesn't look like sample size at all, especially if it's a product that you use and know how much it retails for. I really like the lemon butter cuticle cream. I was able to get two very nice teacher gifts out of it and will use the rest as stocking stuffers. The little bee bags are adorable...I stuffed them full and will pair them with beeswax candles for gifts.

Great idea to pair with candles... I got mine yesterday... I have to say I was really happy with them... but I originally thought the gloves were for the overnight conditioning so that made me more excited than the garden gloves. Yes, they are def. for gardening... lol... with big rubber on the palms... oh well...

I am happy and actually bought even more of them... but I would NOT be happy if stuff was missing... The Merlot and Toffee lip shimmer are full size items and worth a lot of $$... so all the pieces should be there to make this a "deal"... My invoice is also wrong (never looked at it until I read this post)... but when I check my account at BB it is accurate... So I am sure they have a handle on that.

I feel like it's a nice gift for my husbands secretaries... kid's teachers... tutors/piano... sister in law...... my son's girlfriend and my 13 yr old's stocking... So I bought a bunch... I'm happy to get those people off the xmas list at a reasonable price.:yup:

BTW... I did get my cuticle cream and extra lip balm... I made all separate purchases of two bags at a time to get free ship and also to get repeat freebies...