When do you start wrapping the presents you get?

stacy0479

I just got some wrapping paper from the fundraiser DS did last month. I might wrap a few presents this weekend while he is at his dad's and a present we have for DF's BFF. I don't want to get the whole 2 Rubbermaid totes out for all the Christmas paper stuff just yet so this will do. I will do tags and ribbons and bows next month when I do get the Christmas stuff out.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrapped some last night. DS4 walked downstairs this morning and saw them sitting on the cabinet. He said, "Mommy, is today Christmas??" :D

Just a few more to wrap, and we'll be done.

Debating on whether or not to wrap his Santa gift. DD6 wanted an american girl doll, which I ordered and decided to have them gift wrap it. So her's will be wrapped. Thinking I need to do it for him, too....

I wrap as I buy, and write everything down in a little notebook so I don't forget what I got everyone.

Same here...only this year I'll have to remember to hide the notebook BEFORE the kids get home from school. One year I forgot and left it out and DS #1 found it and, unbeknownst to me, read the whole thing. The little booger!!

I was going to start wrapping this week, but I just got back from picking up my daughter at school. She has the flu. Going to the doctor this afternoon. So can't start that as yet. Hoping at the end of this week or next week to start.

As I wrap, I write down what the item is so I don't forget. Plus overbuy (of course I do this every year).

Every year I say I will wrap as I go, but some how I always end up doing it the weekend before in front of a Christmas movie (usually Christmas vacation) and there are some that I wrap on Christmas Eve.

I have a problem with taking them back or buying to much.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to wrap NOW.........but there are 10 other things I should be doing...

Most of the stuff I have is for my younger son and I usually write down/mark the presents, because sometimes they need to be in order.. Anyone else do that?

Like if you get your kid a leapster, you have to make sure she/he doesn't open some of the games first--which almost look like a DVD box, because once they open game, they'll know that the other box is the leapster..

Oh, but I don't feel like doing the writing part, I just want to wrap stuff, I am weak...

i have wrapped about 75% of the gifts I have bought so far. I still have some hiding in the garage though..the big question is..when am I gonna do my wrapping after black friday when I make the most damage and buy a million gifts..lol...I have a feeling I will be up late many a nights...:eek:

Well I did round 1 last week because my mother's birthday is on BF. (She wants her Christmas presents on her birthday and her birthday presents on Christmas. Says she wants to enjoy any christmas related stuff all month.) :D Of course Mom could not wait and opened them yesterday. (Said she did not want to open them in front of her sisters on Thanksgiving.)

Spent all day today wrapping and ribboning and tagging. Will take them over to my parents on Thanksgiving. It's my "childhood revenge" BWAHAHAHAHHAAHAAAA!! :g_dance: Now my parents have to look at them ALL month and can't touch them until Christmas!!! heh heh heh.

(The older they get the harder that is for them too! They come up with "clever" excuses to open them too...2 years ago I caught Dad opening stuff because "he had nothing to wear to the senior center christmas party and he knew I had bought him some new clothes" !!!! :eyepoppin Sneaky, sneaky old people!)

Will do round three in about 2 weeks. That will be the ordered stuff that is taking its dear old sweet time getting to me plus any impulse buying I do on BF. Today was the BIG push though.

• 2 weeks later...

This is me :holiday02 for 2 hours today and I loved every moment!

I am nearly done :yup: DH took everything I had done over to a relatives to hide :cheesy: I am thrilled as I don't have to be on constant security guard duty for the next 4 weeks...

The only thing here are the teacher gifts. I am much more organized this year. . . :D

However, Only have 1 tree up inside...still didn't begin the second. :(

Over the weekend I got about 75% of my wrapping done! I'm feeling kind of burnt out on wrapping, so I'm taking a break for a few days until I'm back in the mood. That way it feels festive and not like a chore. My kids' gifts are wrapped and under the tree, so I don't have to worry anymore about them finding them... I'm just worried about DFS2 unwrapping all the presents, so I'm keeping a close eye on him. I may have to put up a gate around the tree...

My kids are enjoying seeing all the gifts under the tree, but it also seemed to trigger a countdown for them... especially DS4. Every time he sees the presents he asks, "Is Christmas today?"

I am all done wrapping everything that was bought in person. A few items I ordered online and didn't ship to folks directly should arrive this week and I will wrap those and not have to worry about gifts until a couple days prior to Christmas when I will go pick up stocking stuffers. :-)

No school still for my kids today... I think I will start wrapping more this week. I have about 25% done. Which is slow for me. I usually try to wrap as I buy.

I got my stocking stuffers done this week end so I'm officially DONE shopping.

Of course I just bought two more gifts for my kids... Oops. lol. Miley cyrus book for my daughter I forgot she wanted and the Family Guy seasons 1-7 DVD boxes set for my son. Gotta watch my impulse buying from here on out. lol