When do you start wrapping the presents you get?

stacy0479

I am horrible at this and each year I tell myself I will start early, but I normally don't start til the 23rd and do the bulk on the 24th. Unless I am going to visit relatives, then I wrap their presents earlier. When do you start wrapping your presents? Anyone have any advice to get motivated earlier? I love wrapping, I just can't get motivated to do so!

I always come home from shopping on black friday and sit down and wrap all the gifts that I got that day and anything else that I have that I haven't wrapped yet. I normally put my tree up before thanksgiving but the last two years I wasn't able to because of remodeling and so those two years I came home and put the tree up after shopping and then wrapped so I didn't have empty tree!

I used to save most of the wrapping for Christmas eve. It was tradition to have a glass of wine, listen to Christmas music, and wrap presents. I think this year I'll wrap most of the gifts early and just save a few to wrap Christmas eve. Getting to bed at 3 a.m. and being woke up before 8 isn't a great way to start Christmas day..lol

I put my tree up Thanksgiving weekend and wrap the next weekend. I get out the ironing board (it is tall and my back doesn't hurt if I wrap on it), make sure my Black n Decker electric scissors are charged, divide the gifts by family, double check my list to make sure I have something for everyone and wrap. Ti usually takes me two days to wrap, ribbon and tag all the gifts.

I've already started. I got the kids a few things on clearance and no place to hide them...so I HAD to wrap them. Got some wrapping paper down from the attic when I brought the Halloween stuff down. So they're sitting on the floor in my closet, of course the kids have already seen them and it drove them NUTS for about a week. But they seem to be over it now.

Usually I wait until the week of Christmas but I kind of like having those wrapped presents out of the way...I just may wrap as I go this year.

I usually wait til the last weekend or right before the kids get out of school for Christmas Break. I always have to take things back (I buy too much too early,or find a better deal) so it does me no good to wrap early.

Last year our electricity was out for 5 days before Christmas and to say I was a little stressed over last minute buying and all the wrapping to do was an understatement. Trying to pull out everything and wrap in the cold and dark was a pain. I lived thru that (the electricity came back on at 3 p.m. Dec. 23!) so I know I can handle just about anything!

My goal every year is to wrap as I go. I'm usually good up til kids get out of school for the holidays, then have to plot and plan. Being pregnant take advantage of those days when you think you feel a little energetic and know you are going to have some time. Make sure you arrange a place to have support for your back. I have twins and they were born 03/15/01. I could usually get on the floor with the coffee table, wrap, take a break and press your back against the couch, will feel good. However be forewarned your pelvic area will go numb, so make sure you have help up, and re arrange yourself often. Have fun & Good Luck!!! Congratulations!!!

Last year I thought I was done Christmas shopping and had everything wrapped within a couple of days of BF. Then Amazon started having great deals on toys that I just could not pass up, but all my kids already had more than enough. So, I went through, unwrapped a bunch of stuff, and took it back to the store.

So then I start getting my Amazon stuff in and was really procrastinating getting it wrapped. Christmas Eve comes around and I have about 20 things that need to be wrapped. Not too big of a deal... until the power went out. It didn't come back on until midnight. I was up SO late wrapping (I'm a S-L-O-W wrapper)... then I had to wake up at 6:30 and get breakfast started (in-laws were coming over at 7:30 for breakfast and presents).

This year, I need to find a balance. Only wrap gifts that I know won't be returned on BF weekend, wait on everything else, but make sure all gifts are wrapped before Dec. 20th. I prefer watching Christmas movies and tracking Santa's flight online with my kids on Christmas Eve to staying up by myself wrapping gifts.

I usually try to have everything wrapped by the time of our yearly christmas party. It's nice to have things wrapped and looking pretty under the tree. This year the party is a bit earlier then normal (Dec 5th), so I'm going to have to push to get things done early!:)

I should do it as I buy them, but I'm one of those people up until 2 am Christmas eve wrapping gifts LOL

I am glad I am not the only mom up until late hours. We were up last year until almost 4am. AND I do start early in December, I just buy so dang much. This year I plan to wrap early for the most part. My daughter is with her dad this year on Christmas morning so it wont be as important to have them all wrapped for the morning.

We never put one thing under the tree until Christmas eve. We always enjoy the surprise factor on Christmas morning. :)

Too bad I will miss that this year :(

I should do it as I buy them, but I'm one of those people up until 2 am Christmas eve wrapping gifts LOL

Me too! I refuse to do that this year. I will start the weekend of BF. If something happens to go on sale, then I will just have to unwrap it & wrap it again! lol I dont put my gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve (makes it look like Santa really came).

I wrap a.s.a.p. because I get all overblown and artistic with it. My motivation to start early is my excitement to wrap everything. I do it all up with ribbons and candy and stick with a color theme. I only wish they would let me get my fix out at work. Company doesn't wanna invest in paper this year :(