Stocking Stuffers

amberjobryant

I use to spend more (up to 75 a piece on the kids) because I always put one nice item in their stocking but now that they are mostly grown up and married I am not sure what to do this year. Between kids, inlaws and my parents I do 15 stockings, so it would get expensive. I am thinking of doing one stocking per couple. What do you think of giving them those really tiny stockings with a gift card to eat out?? I am open to ideas too!!

I use to spend more (up to 75 a piece on the kids) because I always put one nice item in their stocking but now that they are mostly grown up and married I am not sure what to do this year. Between kids, inlaws and my parents I do 15 stockings, so it would get expensive. I am thinking of doing one stocking per couple. What do you think of giving them those really tiny stockings with a gift card to eat out?? I am open to ideas too!!

Lottery Scratchers are a good idea for anyone over 18!!!

I personally love the gift card idea. I usually do one for dinner, and then a movie for friends. I would hate to stuff stockings for 15 people.

I guess I would say I spend about 20.00 usually do candy socks undies, silly putty, matchbox cars, small puzzles. Just junk that will probably end up in that garbage or lost within a week.

Hubby usually get small cologne bottles, pack of smokes, new lighters, lotto tickets etc.

Doggies get the usual....treats and bones. :)

I think that would be great. Especially as often couples get so wrapped up in the bills, etc, a gift card to either a favorite restaurant or one you know they would like but wouldn't spend the money on due to budget restrictions. My bil used to give us a card to Outback or the like (we weren't supposed to be doing gifts among the adults) and it was a treat for dh and I as we had the little kids (his son is 11 yrs older than my oldest) and he knew that we loved the food but couldn't afford to go. Mine are teens now and I told bil that if he insisted on doing something for dh and I, walmart would be great as we're being eaten out of house and home...LOL

I think that would be great. Especially as often couples get so wrapped up in the bills, etc, a gift card to either a favorite restaurant or one you know they would like but wouldn't spend the money on due to budget restrictions. My bil used to give us a card to Outback or the like (we weren't supposed to be doing gifts among the adults) and it was a treat for dh and I as we had the little kids (his son is 11 yrs older than my oldest) and he knew that we loved the food but couldn't afford to go. Mine are teens now and I told bil that if he insisted on doing something for dh and I, walmart would be great as we're being eaten out of house and home...LOL

I think I am going to do this, I think I know some places they would like to go eat so I am going to the cards, and one candy bar a piece. I can go ahead and get the cards now, so they will be out of the way.

We do a stocking for our dog and I spend maybe $10 on hers. My DH's stocking is a different story. I usually put the gift certificates that he wants in, unique candies, fruit, nuts, and I always put in a unique beer or alcoholic drink. I love World Market and Central Market for the candies and adult beverage.

:rwb:

Each stocking has about 4 gifts not costing more than approx. $5 each and then an apple and their favorite candy.

Now the value of the gifts are more than $5, I shop all year for stocking stuffers and Easter basket fillers, but I don't spend more than that on each gift.

I usually set my limit to around 15 to 20 each on stockings. I had much rather wrap the bigger priced items. Usually I put candy and dollar toys in stockings, but since my boys are 11 and no longer believe in santa, then I don't put as much emphasis on their stockings because we spend more on their christmas. My little girl , 3, is happy with even the smallest things, so we spend more on her stocking since her toys and things dont usually cost as much as the boys stuff.

I don't spend anything on stockings. Those are 100% up to Santa. So it completely depends on what each kiddo asks Santa for. Sometimes DS7 will ask Santa for a $50 video game, while DS3 will ask for a $10 train. They usually also get candy, little toys like bouncy balls, cars, etc. Santa does leave them the same number of items, but their cost is not the same.

If I have a feeling that Santa is going to be leaving some pricey stocking stuffers, then I cut back on how much I spend on that child's gifts and make sure things are "even."

For my stocking, DH always gives me funky Christmas socks and my favorite candy, Applets and Cotlets, that I am only allowed to have on Christmas (it keeps them special :) ). DH gets his favorite candy, Turtles, and little hunting or fishing accessories. We probably spend $20 on each other's stockings.

My family and I draw names Thanksgiving weekend when we are all together (I am at school two hours away and my brother is in Southern California 7 hours away) the last time before Christmas. Our rule is to keep stocking stuffers under $25. My brother and I love to go to the dollar tree or 99 cent store to get stocking stuffers. Some of our favorite gifts were in those stockings. My dad still uses a few $1 spatulas. Dad always goes over the limit for stocking stuffers. I moved into a new apartment this summer and dad included stuff for the puppy and my roommate. His justification for going over the limit. :D

The stocking was my favorite part as a child, so I go overboard. I don't even want to think about what I have spent so far.

For DS I put in (so far, not finished with his):

Transformers Game Revenge of the fallen

Transformers Movie Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers (3)

Bakugan stuff

Patriots hat

Candy

Wii Pez dispenser

For DH I put in: (He loves football)

Patriots lounge pants

Patriots commerative 24 kt. gold coin

Patriots Toboggan

Patriots keychain

Patriots light up pen

Patriots splat football for his back window

Patriots gloves

Madden 10 for PS3

Ps3 candy tin

Edited by Kim3498

I spend probably about 20-35 on my son's stocking. Small toys (cars, etc), candy(m&m's/reese especially), batteries ('cause Santa remembers that stuff you know), and ALWAYS a new toothbrush and toothpaste.

My sis and I take turns filling our parents with their favorite goodies...usually spend about $30 combined on those.

Dollar Tree is wonderful for stocking stuffers!:holiday16